Peter's Perfect - Reengineering 321 Formula to the Ultimate Coco Experience

@Xray1 you’re going to get a lot of different opinions. In general, I am more comfortable recommending jacks over masterblend, because it is more widely used and proven.

I would not recommend megacrop for a reservoir system. If you mix and feed each time, it is fine and potentially good for all the reason @Northern_Loki. But for the same reasons, it is not good if it is mixed and left to feed over the course of a week or two. So that one depends on your usage IMO.

I’m intrigued by the Jacks + gypsum results @avr1 and @corgitron were talking about. To me that sounds like a very promising amendment to the jacks formula for use with coco. However, I have no experience in feeding from a reservoir with that, so solubility of the gypsum has to be considered for that application.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I would do it running from a res. Could possibly gunk up system

Decent read here, point is one MUST get “Solution Grade” gypsum

https://scienceinhydroponics.com/2020/06/using-calcium-sulfate-in-hydroponics.html

1 Like

hi Corgitron…
could you pls be more specific regarding ur feeding regimen using maxibloom for veg and bloom…
you’ve mentioned maxibloom, gypsum, flora micro and in another post you mentioned you also use magnesium nitrate, epsom and calcium nitrate…
i hope you could explain in detail how much of what you use in how many gallons of water…
im having maxibloom and can source the rest. currently using only maxibloom is giving me problems in coco…
Cheers

1 Like

My feeding is based more on what the plants tell me. If I feel they look a little yellow I’ll add some epsom salts, or mag nitrate. It’s more based on feel.

My standard daily feed is a little hot or warm water. 3 teaspoons of maxibloom and 2 teaspoons of gypsum. Per 5 gallon of reverse osmosis. On Saturdays I flush plants with a 500tds of diamond k.

With maxibloom less is more. Imo

1 Like

I don’t feed over 1300 ec at any stage of flower.
My feed schedule is 2 hours after lights on and 2 hours before.lights off.

1 Like

so no micro then?

N (NO3-) 35.663
K 92.101
P 51.878
Mg 27.738
Ca 158.503
S 126.803
Fe 0.793
Zn 0.09
B 0
Cu 0.004
Mo 0.009
Na 0
Si 0
Cl 0
Mn 0
N (NH4+) 0.396

so i ran ur mix in hydrobuddy…seems like the calcium and sulphur is way more than npk

1 Like

I wish I could be better at explaining it but I seriously wing it. I see more sulphur toxicity in late flower and mg deficiencies when they are babies… holy cow could you do that with the flora micro added in just want to see the difference. 3.5ml per 5 gal

i didnt add flora micro…

1 Like
N (NO3-) 44.354
K 93.636
P 51.878
Mg 27.738
Ca 167.749
S 126.821
Fe 0.978
Zn 0.118
B 0.018
Cu 0.004
Mo 0.01
Na 0
Si 0
Cl 0
Mn 0.092
N (NH4+) 0.951

this is with 3.5ml of micro/5gal

2 Likes

Still wild. Not sure if all that’s good or what. Only thing I can say is plants are happy and smoke very nice.

4 Likes

thats nice to know but mix is wicked wild for sure lol…

ive been breaking my head trying to get a really good mix for coco using maxibloom…not many share a decent working recipe…

looking good…

Yeah I don’t doubt the mix being wild. I’m just saying it works really well for me. Easy to manage and easy on pocket.

nice man…

ive read that too much Ca could cause mag problems…you said u get mag problems only during seedling stage right?.

I’ll get some images. It’s not like I’m losing plants. Just hate seeing babies a lil yellow. I feed super light until I get true leaves