Ph fluctuations with Dyna gro pH or not to pH?

I want to know what you think about using Dyna gro and your past experiences with the ph fluctuations if any what are you using for nutrients and the hassle of pH ing. Or to pH or not to pH? What is everyone’s thoughts on the pH monitoring.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with Dynagrow, but if you are truly going to grow in a soilless medium, you need to monitor and adjust the ph of your watering solution. If you do the same thing enough times, you can anticipate what needs to be done, but stuff almost always needs to be done and you’ll need to monitor and adjust a bunch of times to learn what to do. And then, you’ll still need to monitor and adjust pretty frequently.

I use MegaCrop with ro water. When things start to go sideways it’s usually becasuse I slacked on my ph adjusting this week.

Hydro. Monitor and adjust, it’s a way of life. Not much way around it. Good luck

1 Like

That’s the very reason I use coco. I just don’t want to hassle with it.

1 Like

Was told Coco was more prone to fluctuations and lock out,

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with it. I never pH anything. I use nutes that buffer to my neutral tap

I’m using Advanced Nutrients pH perfect and so far so good, no pH measuring no|nullxnull, has a lot of haters here in OG :sweat_smile: but as long as your tap water has a reasonable pH range it works … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

That’s Key :100:

2 Likes

Lol, I have well water and the pH is 7.8 ish but the ppm is around 1200 .

1 Like

Yep, that will do it. Ph flux, well waters going to change constantly with the environment

After the RO was installed it’s still around 170 ppm

1 Like

Advanced nutrients pH perfect, I was wondering how that works for people. Cool keep em coming

1 Like

Ph perfect will work so will foxfarm, their nutes are all ph’d at 6.5

1 Like

Judge by yourself, been using it for three years, this is my last grow, my tap water pH is 7.4 … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

But this is the hydro forum, and a ph of 6.5 is far from ideal for hydro. Most who run coco consider it too high for that too. Glad it works for you though!

1 Like

Sorry missed that, disregard my advice please

Can’t tell if you have them in soil or hydro, looks really good healthy, what light are you using?

I just realized the OP didn’t say what he was growing in, so who knows what’s best?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with 6.5 or 7 in coco

I only know what works for me lol

Foxfarm nutes in Coco/Peat/Perlite 1/3 each, 1/2 TBS Dolomite lime powder per gallon 30-gallon pots

2 Likes

Looks like a lot of larf to me, do you defoliate at all?

Love putting the sun to work, just really hate the bugs outdoors

1 Like