Philadelphia Ice Cream Cake 98 grow journal

The 1st pic was from 2wks ago or so…and the 2nd was 5 days after the first and the 3rd is from today. The squad is growing like they’re on steroids :rofl:…but all I did was pre-treat the soil by feeding the microbiology plenty of carbs [i.e. blackstrap molasses] and from what I’m witnessing, this pretreatment seems to have a significant impact on the growth rate of the plant-ORGANICALLY

1.)

2.)

3.)

17 Likes

nice. what are the genetics?

ice cream fun facts-

Philadelphia style ice cream is made with no eggs and a higher ratio of heavy cream than other recipes. Whereas other ice creams are traditionally made from a custard base of eggs, whole milk, and cream, Philadelphia style is made from cream and a small amount of whole milk.

this is a byproduct of America’s exceptionally large dairy industry which results in a surplus of cream. In smaller countries like France, cream is used almost exclusively for cheese making which preserves it. In fact fresh cream is not available in stores in France.

Only America produces enough fresh cream to make philadelphia style ice cream, fresh cream cheese, and sell fresh heavy cream in groceries.

there’s some ice cream and dairy history for ya.

12 Likes

more fun facts- countries with small dairy industries and no historical ability to refrigerate or transport milk products have their own unique recipes. Turkish ice cream is made with low fat milk, and it gets its smooth texture from corn starch. In Mexico, most ice cream is traditionally made with sweetened condensed milk.

6 Likes

The genetics are Gelato 98-[Sunset Sherbet X Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies] crossed with Wedding Cake. The seeds came from a relative that swiped these strains on a visit from a friends “pot farm” in Oregon. So I looked online to see if these two particular strains had ever been crossed, since I couldn’t find anything I rushed to be the 1st…and since these strains was crossed in a Philadelphia basement I rightfully named it Philadelphia Ice Cream Cake 98. The aroma is a heavy sweet bakery type with a tinge of gassy-ness. I’m working on “solidifying” this strain-(I feel that I created) by intersexing the 2nd generation (i.e. PICC-98 x PICC-98) but nonetheless this is my baby😍.

14 Likes

Nice looking cola! thanks for posting your grow.

Those genetics work out to almost entirely girl scout cookies, but it looks like you pulled out some very nice phenotypical expressions from the line. I think your version looks much better than the official cookies cuts from berner’s company.

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: maybe I should change the name to Cookies Galore then?

2 Likes

I like your philadelphia ice cream name, cookies galore also sounds good though.
reminds me of Pussy Galore from Goldfinger, the old James Bond movie.

5 Likes

Pussy Galore :rofl:

2 Likes

PICC-98 Video

Got my boy and girl :couple:!!!

6 Likes

[UPDATE]
Started with 6…3 girls and 3 boys, two of which were bred for seeds, 1 of the males were harvested for pollen and the other male was :wastebasket:. Which leaves the two girls on the left. The one to the far right is my Durban Poison.

6 Likes

Got DEEP Philly-connections…wife is from South Philly!!! GREAT work you’re doing, indeed. When you’re finally ready to put your creation to market, I’m in that soon-to-be long line of eager customers…like “Water Ice” Long!!! Keep at it, continued success, stay safe, take care, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Aw man wifey is a Southside native?! That’s awesome so you’ve had a chance to experience our world famous cheesesteaks I asssume​:yum:. But yeah I keep u guys posted on any progression with this run…and thanks for the kudos. :100:

2 Likes

Geno’s, Pat’s, and all of the above!!! First time visiting Philly ('80), future In-Laws and Outlaws bought Pizzas…NO Toppings, only Cheese. They said, “that’s how we do it in Philly”!! Visit EVERY year myself, wife goes 4 - 5 times. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

UPDATE:

It’s wk #? and the ICC98’s on the left are starting to pack on buds while my DP on the left is still transitioning-hopefully that ICC pollen did It’s thing and I get those tapi tapi beans

6 Likes

The ICC#98 is budding up nicely…and they’re giving off that gassy bakery aroma…or a danky milkshake type smell.

4 Likes

Those are looking my-te-fine my friend. The gelato 98 x wedding cake cross is intriguing. Good work. :+1:t5:

1 Like

…and that’s a wrap for the IceCreamCake #98 run…now it’s time to cure these and start the next run.

I had to harvest a little earlier than I usually would…the thrips were getting out of hand.

2 Likes

…now comes the hard part :timer_clock::hourglass_flowing_sand::clock11:

IceCreamCake#98
~FIN~

2 Likes