Phototrons...SWC/TRON

Is it all dried out? I’m not sure if it’s alive. Sorry I’m a bit late to answer

1 Like

I planted the pitcher plant and it did come alive, it’s the pitcher plant in the pictures…

2 Likes

Here’s some flytraps…

6 Likes

And a few Sarracenia…

6 Likes

An old grow…sativa & indica in 1 SWC/TRON…

4 Likes

Another old grow… This picture was taken when the first LED’s were just coming out back in the day.

3 Likes

Sativa & Indica in flower mode…

4 Likes

you sure that isnt a light-brite set? :smiley:

2 Likes

I beg to differ…this one was grown in swc/tron…nice size budz…I had 7 Phototrons.

5 Likes

I have a Phototron. Think it’s a 3000. Not sure. I recently used it to flower a male. It got pretty hot in there, although there is a dimmable ballast underneath the little tray. Although it’s an absolute pain to get access to it. Gotta take the whole thing apart. All the bulbs work, and it was steal on CL a few years ago for 40bucks.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t worry about the heat inside…pot grows in the equator and it gets pretty hot in those parts of the world…its a weed folks and this weed grows in all kinds of temps.

3 Likes

Got my net cup ready for the next SWC/TRON grow…instead of growing the new clones that was mailed to me recently I will be growing my own creation, Vietnam Thunder Fuck …

6 Likes

Looking forward to watching your Vietnam Thunderfuck grow Phil!

3 Likes

Too awesome! I cut my growing teeth with phototrons and bag seed! I even grew with them in an Arkansas attic- in the summer.

2 Likes

Will be starting my SWC/TRON grow as soon as I get some quality water…my town water is 800 ppm’s outa the tap, yeah that sucks I know…

Vietnam Thunder Fuck my future mother…

6 Likes

Phototrons…. Love it… old school… “mamma mamma many worlds I’ve come since I first left home….”

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a photo tron since the 90s.I see a lot of people are retrofitting the old ones with newer lighting.I seen them in high times mags back in the 90s when high times was still cool but they were always expensive.

1 Like

Yes, they were… I bought my 1st. Phototrons in 1985 failed the first time I used it…I failed because I did everything the directions told me to do, that’s why a lot of people failed…then I started doing it my way and tossed out the directions and nutes that came with it…I had to think outside of the box…I started doing shallow water culture and that’s when I succeeded…as I said before to me people growing in tents are basically growing in a bigger versions of Phototrons…the only difference is you can only grow 1 or 2 plants and it comes with it’s own lighting system and has it’s own vent holes…

I think tomorrow I’m gonna go get some good quality water and start my SWC/TRON, I will be using my smaller Phototron for this Vietnam Thunder Fuck grow.

3 Likes

I found some good quality water in my house, it’s from my last SWC/TRON grow, glad I didn’t have to drive 2 towns away because temps was about 20F…here’s some pix…

VietnamThunder Fuck clone with a long roots and put in a net cup…yes, nothing but net folks.

I’m using Technaflora BC Nutrients, I’ve been using these nutes for over 18+ yrs…my water ppm before I added the nutes was at 190 ppm…I don’t care about PH and I put in 2 big cups of my mixed BC nutes…

This is the small Phototron so I won’t be vegging this VTF for more then 2 wks. if all works well.

5 Likes