PHYLOS grumblings

I took a look at their site. They have 3 strains as of now, of course they don’t mention anything about genetics used :grin:

Anyone care to guess ?

Lime glow is a skunk1 cross

Yuzu whatever is a Durban cross

Electric daydream is og x Blue dream

:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Pretty sad there first three strains have less then 2% terpenes. I’m a small time hobby breeder/grower in the mtns and am doing better then that , all that fancy equipment and lab coats don’t mean nothing. Looks like dependable mid grade commercial junk. I thought with all that data and genetics talk they would be letting out some high numbers but looks like average boring run of the mill stuff.
Could you imagine being a investor and after all the money, lab work , controversy and time you see the the first few lines come out and there realy not any different then what is already the norm. Not even disease proof just resistant. Dark heart nursery is about to release virus proof lines and phylos is out here dropping nonsense, what a waste of everybody’s time.
Where is the 35%thc 4-5% terpene plant that taste like strawberry lemonade, guess we’re not there yet…
Big agriculture wants virus proof, drought tolerant, fast finishing, large producing varieties , sterile plants that won’t produce seed even if pollen is around, etc. Has anybody mapped the cannabis genome yet ? Seems like that would be the first step and what they have is a data set that is merely a small piece of the puzzle.

7 Likes

woah, that sounds scary. Something similar happening in Musicindustry, wich im a bit more knowledgable, so im principially open to believe what youre saying.

We all heard the stories of big Companies going to jungle and try to patent even wild Plants or Landraces…
Im not shure what would be best solution, to let it Test , that sounds reasonable. Lets just hope they cant resurrect dead flower-material… OR lets hope some big Companies cant take the resulting Chemo-profiles and kinda claim them to be their own.

PRobably most secure would be to let it test at multiple places at once. So, youre more shure that its less likely that all Judges would be bribed at once.
Imho im not dramatazing, it happend probably already in some Cases.

1 Like

but in the end, we could still share our plants for free. and simultanously ask for free donations.? Or we sell some highyealding average Hybrid, and twhat we actually wanna sell as Bonus pack…

They’re fems of course. Can’t have people increasing the lines on their own. :frowning_face:

Nothing a little STS can’t solve :wink: females are much easier to select for favorable traits. They claim their lines are super duper stable so there shouldn’t be much to select for anyway. hahaha.

Thing is their market is probably giant farms and research, f2ing their stock would only put a dent in their “share” of the market.

As somebody else pointed out, the fast one they pulled on true plant enthusiasts is only somewhat an advantage. Knowing whatever genes activates or contributes to whatever trait is only a small part of the equation…

I’d bet they released the easy stuff first(cheap to “create”, could be too early - doesn’t matter, size interest, make some cash back) then they’ll release mono cannabinoid cultivars (non thc) for medical and research (BIG $)

2 Likes

Some real disappointing comments in this thread from old members who should know better than to spread gossip & rumours as fact.
What a shame.

6 Likes

Hello Chimera. There is a variety of stuff being discussed in this thread. Is there something you’d like to share to help dispel the rumors and gossip?

11 Likes

Hey it is my old buddy @Chimera

Remember me?
Oh, maybe not, I recently got my balls cut off. :joy:
Over here we have a level playing field. :wink:

I would be happy to continue our past conversation if you would like to do so.
If not, might I politely suggest you not come around here to judge the actions of others?

Screenshot_20230220-040100

This is Phylos’ packet for investors only.
Here, they clearly state their intentions for breeding - and cornering the breeding market - from the start.
Also stating how they use the genetic testing and sex testing as a crowd-source funding scheme.

Hmmm, weren’t there a couple breeders who said they’d help send in your samples to Phylos and adamantly claimed Phylos wont be breeding nor use the SIPs from your submitted genetics to help them breed much faster than we can?

3 Likes

The real NARCs name are on public record for all to see in the affidavit after the whole Neville thing .That guy has lawyers that will follow and berate people online if they Drop his name.He is selling Grow store products in Michigan now.

And Epstein killed himself, right.

The dishonest ones would be the ones telling lies. Not much else to it. There are front men posing as breeders. It doesn’t make sense. You don’t have a cover if you’re not hiding. The people I’ve talked to supposedly behind these operations are not plant breeders. They are a mask someone is wearing. Chimera for example could not get a job in a lawn care company he knows so little about plants. He’s one reason people put myrcene in vape pens and call it Couchlock Skunk. The same narrative from GW pharma. A company who grows skunk spread the weed = essential oils narrative, while growing Skunk… Real breeding operations don’t even quantify those types of terps. Why would these people breeding cannabis mislead the world into the generic aroma therapy terp nonsense? Hello? Has anyone had their dank tested? The lab says it smells like cinnamon and flowers when it smells like rotten fruit and armpit. Hello? Those are called lies.

1 Like

The phylos thing is more depressing than anything to me. I actually really liked poking around the phylos galaxy and it could have been a positive resource for the community, but they really deceived a lot of honest growers in the interest of shameless profiteering. :confused:

3 Likes

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/3X/a/5/a5f38b872b8b7395830a87ac136247a395519276.pdf

1 Like

Have a gander

“It’s all a conspiracy.”

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Last I checked the entire phylos database is 100% useless garbage because they wanted to be cheap af and only ever sequenced partial, completely random, genome pieces(genotyping by sequencing) instead of sequencing the entire genomes of each plant sample they got :see_no_evil:

That’s why a bunch of known different clone-only plants can come out showing as the SAME plant on the Galaxy even tho they are most definitely not even the same plant at all. Like sending in the TK and a TK S1 and phylos says they’re both the same cuts when you clearly selfed it yourself. Or parents of known crosses and the cross itself showing up as completely UNRELATED plants.

Like 40 minutes in:

8 Likes

What a fucking bitch.
He was given a job, and when he couldn’t keep up with shipping nutes they found someone else, so he gets upset and goes to the Feds. Yup, sounds like someone from Michigan/Ohio area.

1 Like

Damn, there’s hardly an honest soul in cannabiz, it seems.

1 Like

I’m not going to get into it but that’s just a taste of a much more complicated situation than we can imagine but we all have to realize that most of these guys were doing business in the heat of the drug war in the shadows back home in a spotlight abroad wher legal .it was a part of business back then and buisness was was good so good it sold itself and the myths and legends on half of what we know today from yesteryear helped advertise it.G13 is a good one that one is a rabbit hole of what the fuck ,then Think of how Johnny Boone was selling tons of bales grown all over Kentucky and transported all up and down the east coast and Midwest and said it was Highland Mexican to propel the need for his product everyone wanted it and that was that People in Ohio were getting Sold what was told was Mexican that came wrapped in newspaper from down south.he even climatized Mexican strains to grow and push out of Kentucky brilliant bastard, back then Mexican was a commodity and was sought after and coveted.See how a myth can help sell your shit?This is going to be expected this never started out as a legit thing it was illegal there is tons of bullshit out there now it’s even worse with social media it’s a complete trashbin full of mental patients throwing shit at each other.Some of the NARCS threw whoever they could under the bus to save thier own skin and that was a different situation that got tied into this whole Phyllos thing (BTW I have a unwholesome feeling about Pukeos for the record and I’m not digging labcoats trying to jackknife our weed not cool)That is a much more larger problem and like I said it’s very complicated definitely not a conspiracy it’s a know fact It sucks Robert Clark is onboard with them I really looked up to that guy As far as Sam goes I don’t know what to believe I wasn’t in the room and if I was I would have been sleeping. but I do believe an affidavit that’s for damn sure.Stoned rant over.Live free and smoke hard ladies gents and all in the middle.:dash::facepunch:

1 Like