PHYLOS grumblings

Yup
U are most likely correct sir. More than half the market right now is pens. People who smoke pens tend not to care where their THC comes from. Thus, use yeast. Cheaper, quicker etc. I can see that.
Only the flower market will resemble something like it is now. In my opinion anyways.

6 Likes

Poor Patrick King aka Soil King
Good dude, he had to pull his seed line because of all this Phylos shit going on.
Im thinking that he considers his seeds toxic now if they have the Phylos name on them (which apparently it did).
I feel bad for the guy, he is a genuine good dude wrapped into a shitty situation.
Its all on his YouTube page, if u havent seen his interview with Mowgli. Type in ā€œSoil King Channelā€ at you tube, it should be first video up.

5 Likes

Nope

ā€œAll the cannabis thatā€™s around now will be replaced by varieties that will be optimized and specialized, and weā€™re going to be the company that makes those.ā€

ā€œIt would be impossible for anybody else to collect this data set.ā€

ā€œOur core business is plant breeding, we had to build two other businesses to support thatā€¦so we built an entire testing business to create all that data.ā€

ā€œWe have a really unusual advisory board. They are not there for showā€¦ Ron started and ran a couple of seed companies that he sold to Syngenta, he worked for Syngenta for years and is now the CEO of a spin-out company from there. And Barbara until recently was the VP of technology acquisition for all of Dow / DuPont. So, having these guys around is just critical for us, because weā€™re building a company that is ultimately going to be acquired by that universe.ā€

Yeahā€¦well Phylos is not on our side.

could you cite your source when making such claims please. Itā€™s an awful lot to just take on heresay.

Readiing this thread ā€¦guess Iā€™m late to the party.

1 Like

cite what sources for which claims? i don;t think you read all my posts if you are asking that. i said i spoke to dale c hunt and other ppl personally and directly. of course idk what claims you even mean so perhaps you should be more clear since the part you quoted isnā€™t even a claim i made. anyway if you read the entire thread you will see i backed off some of the things that were assumptions as well as why i originally assumed them.
happy re-reading :wink:

1 Like

well in the instance I am referring to it was about the open cannabis projectā€¦Nevertheless there were several rambling dialogues by several people on these threads that had no reference or citation.

Right well I will just keep in mind that unless you have references your dialogue is best regarded as some assumptions.

i was referring to phylos when i made the assumptions not ocp., everything i said about the open cannabis project is true. i talked to their attorney personally on multiple occasions. this is not speculation at all. he literally told me the ocp is not against patenting strains so therefor he has no conflict of interest representing breeders who seek IP.
i have not said anything unfounded at all and even when i assumed i made it clear that part was my opinion on what phylos was gonna do.

@Olbrannon I did at one point say it appeared they were on the right side of the fight but this was after I had voiced much concern over phylos and mr watsons circle of business also. It did appear from what he originaly said they had good intentions. It was obviously a lie. When the site first went up it stated the data was theres to do what they wished. Once I started bitching about them on here somebody pointed out that the site no longer said that and instead something that made it seem like the data was not going to be used in such a way. what I read then made it seem like they were on the good side but I have never believed it with what I read originaly. The site it self is a pain in the ass to use and offers very little data. The way the relationships are shown is out of order and provides little actual usable information to breeders. It was obvious to any real botanists or plant biologists that what they were doing. I was called paranoid for voicing concern. Alot of members here stood up for them so objectively I watched everything I could and he tells two different stories depending who he is speaking to. Im glad I never supported them. At the end of the day Phylos is full of shit and out for there own pockets thatā€™s it. Your defiently late to this convo @Olbrannon read my previous posts or my thread ( how to stop this potential take over) before you highlite one statement I made in a manner that makes it appear I support them. My beliefs in regards to plants and cannabis in general go against everything companies like monsanto ,gw pharma,and hortapharm represent. Robs involvement in phylos was enough to make me never trust them.
Rob, dave (sam), ed , and most of there associates would sell out there own family for the right price. For rob to ever have helped watson and to have been a part of hortapharm shows were his ethics lie , and phylos was in a big hurry to become involved with him, says alot about them also. Dave is now trying to lay his claim in the USA with a new company. He is already in bed with the dea and has been sense the santa cruz sacred seeds story. There is detailed information about all of this in my other posts which I incourege everybody to read.

2 Likes

I can see the entire market moving to yeast. If you like GDP? They will have the exact same THC/cannabinoid/terp ratio oil with the exact same fake grape taste in a pen cartridge. You want the sleepy or stay awake version? Same with Durban Poison. The exact same THC/THCv/terp profile with anise and sandalwood. Do you want the morning wake up call or super lift off version? You want pain relief? Here is the milder Lebanese red hash stronger than Ibuprofen version. Or the Alaskan Thunder Northern Fā€™ing Lights stronger than morphine version. Your choice. All dialed in by the lab. You want to party? Here is the half CBC half THC version of Grape Ape.

All grown in a vat in a factory and blended in the lab. You want old school? Here is the base cannabis grown, cured and rolled and treated with the same oils and sold at Wally World. Any heirloom profile that you want off the shelf. Acapulco Gold of the future, from Altria.

Or your beer of choice, infused with fine herbs from Humboldt, right out of the vat and cold filtered.

2 Likes

I think the craft flower market will survive just like the craft beer market. It is a niche and not where the money is. Soon the majority of cannabis will be grown for seed oil, fiber, and bio fuel.

6 Likes

So they are closing shop!!! Hmmm I know the software market very well, but Iā€™m not sure how you can prove you wrote to the code to a crossā€¦ I would think if you were the first to submit you would get the rights. I see this as screwing over so many who have worked hard over the years.

2 Likes

Long article:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Yeah I saw this and was reading as well. Crazy part is they had a lot of well known breeders backing them and then everything fell outā€¦

Future Cannabis Project
Published on Jun 14, 2019
Dale Hunt, Plant Patent Attorney and Trevor Wittke, Executive Director, Calaver, talk about how small farmers and breeders can prepare for a future when Big Ag, well funded public cannabis companies, and Phylos will want to patent genetics and put up toll booths.

Meadowlands 2019: https://getmeadow.com/meadowlands

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Has anyone one seen Kevin Jodreys interview with a breeder and he says I put some strain in Phylos and then this guy goes to put his in and itā€™s already their. He changed it but he knew that wasnā€™t his so why would you submit something thatā€™s not yours. Now for a guy saying heā€™s protecting people cuts and genes he seems to be doing it for himself. With this vast knowledge of cultivars one would think he knows this isnt his. I really like the guy but that interview left me unsettled I forgot who it was with but found it on YouTube.

3 Likes

Mr Clark has officially broke ties with Phylos, I applaud him for making this decision.

5 Likes

Some takeaways from Robā€™s letter:

ā€œ[T]o say that data Phylos collected from donated samples is of great value would be speculative at bestā€¦ Without phenotype data the genomic data is debased and of less value to variety development research. This is why genomics companies will all end up either growing their own plants and collecting their own genomic data (or contracting someone else to do it for them) to support their variety improvement programs.ā€

ā€œAs a technological species we rely heavily on science, yet many in todayā€™s world doubt its veracity and honesty. Phylos bridged the divide between the cannabis community and rigorous scienceā€¦ And then it torched that bridgeā€¦ However, those who distrust the alliance of science and industry have much more powerful and potentially evil companies to fearā€¦ā€

ā€œI find the behavior of some members of our cannabis community quite disappointing. Scanty information concerning sensitive topics can prove a dangerous thing, and it is far too cheap and easy to point accusing fingers through the hazy smog of the Internet.ā€

Amen.

7 Likes

The internet may have its pitfalls and some members may bring up subjects in a way that others do not feel is beneficial to the community.
How ever as a whole I do beleive the free exchange of information and ideas out weighs the negative side effects and it is up to the individual to to use it accordingly with the above stated facts in mind.
Everybody has there own opinions about how things should be handled and who is right or wrong and the more information we have available on a subject the more educated of a decision can be made.
Some things are a matter of perception and all forms of reaction can be used to understand the response to a given matter.

6 Likes

I cussed sam out and warned people not to send. He deleted my posts. I deleted my acct

4 Likes

Itā€™s here. Phylos is now selling genetic lines.

• Sophisticated breeding program uses finished elite inbred lines to deliver stable, reliable genetics
  • F1 hybrid seed produce more robust plants vs clones
  • Consistent cannabinoid production
  • Bred for high potency & maximum yield
  • Dependable, short flowering cycles
  • Potential for multiple harvest cycles
  • Quality control head and shoulders above the competition

ā€œSophisticated breeding program uses finished elite inbred lines to deliver stable, reliable geneticsā€ stolen from you, our customers.

9 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Noice :ok_hand:

Is this the right time to buy 2 packs of each of their strains and f2 the shit of out em and sell them for a dime a Seed?

Too soon?

Edit wow I canā€™t English today :sweat_smile:

5 Likes