Piffcoast Skunkcon "The Search For The King of Skunk šŸ¦Ø"

I donā€™t think this is gonna put anything to rest, even if every judge said ā€œitā€™s not RKSā€ it would just hype up the ā€œwell itā€™s ultra rare duhā€ crowd.

And if itā€™s like any other ā€œcannabis cupā€ then the judges will say what theyā€™re paid to say. BOLO for ā€œRKSā€ packs for sale from the ā€œwinnerā€ after this goes down haha.

I mean, everyone and their mom has an RKS story, which means it was once everywhere across USA for what seems like early 80ā€™s to mid 2000ā€™sā€¦thatā€™s a LONG time. But now itā€™s impossible to find?

Folks like the story, even if itā€™s bunk, so itā€™ll keep getting repeated even if thereā€™s no evidence for it and anyone on the sidelines can poke logical hole after logical hole in the narrative. Itā€™s entered the stoner mythos and stuff never leaves after that haha.

4 Likes

Turn your mildew woes into skunk dividends withā€¦sulfur!

8 Likes

Yeah and then you whooped their asses, and everyone started clapping, then you stole their girlfriends too I bet hahahahaha

You claim to have the ā€œreal RKSā€ yet you say itā€™s in some autoflowers you crossed?

6 Likes

@Blu-Tri Put the pipe down, bud. Youā€™ve been typing over an hour already, we donā€™t need to read anymore fairytales.

2 Likes

dude i wish i could smoke whatever youā€™re on, as long as its weed, because your posts in this topic are a rambling incoherent mess.

1 Like

What seems to be happening in here thatā€™s not on topic today?

1 Like

I donā€™t know anything about this contest but, I do know a little about Midwest ā€œskunk budā€.

In the late 80s, early 90s I was at lots of dead shows buying lots of killer bud. Lots of it. It was dank but none of it was like the ā€œskunk budā€ I grew up with. The bikers in the Midwest were growing the stuff that smelled like sweet skunk. Nothing dead, nothing rotten. It smelled exactly like fresh skunk spray on a hot mid-Illinois summer night. It was a super vibrant green with no red hairs, and yes, 1 gram would stink up an entire gymnasium. The taste was skunky but very pleasant with an energetic stone. It didnā€™t give me couch lock like some of the the cali varieties at the time did. Outdoors it would grow to 7ā€™ tall and the smell traveled for a mile or more. You could not hide it. I tried.

Almost every amateur I know that had seeds or a clone got busted, including 2 very close friends.

The pros grew it in grain silos. The bikers I knew didnā€™t even use scales. They sold it by the shoebox. Worked out to about $400 for a QP. I took lbs on dead tour and it was all the rage with my crew from 89-94. No matter how much I took, it was never enough. The only downside was if you got pulled over, you were getting busted.

I returned to the area in '97 and it had all but vanished. None of my old friends knew where to get it. Including the bikers. All they had was really nice looking BC bud that wouldnā€™t get you high. Remember that stuff?

I went to BC in the summer of '97 and bought some Skunk #1 seeds from Marc Emery. It was nice bud but not the ā€œskunk budā€ I was looking for. My search was just getting started.

I swear I smelled it at Big Cypress FL on NYE 1999-2000. I was tripping, but I swear I smelled it but did not find it.

Over the last 20+ years, I have bought basically every black market, gray market, street, medical and recreational bud and seed with the word ā€œskunkā€ in it and none have been legit. Its all been a cash grab profiteering on my nostalgia :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Whereabouts? Iā€™m from south of chambana but Iā€™ve spent time all over central IL.

Yes the summer nights can be absolutely awful. Feels like swimming and thereā€™s no wind.

White City, lol. Hung out in Bloomington and Champaign a lot.

I got family in Springfield which is closer but I had to look up White City lol. And I thought I grew up in a tiny town!

1 Like

This - I remember this.

4 Likes

Anymore info been posted about this event?
Date, location, cost of entry ?
Thanks guys

2 Likes

Itā€™s July 31 in Richmond Va. I donā€™t know the admission cost.

5 Likes

Much appreciated I donā€™t IG so Iā€™m not always in loop.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thereā€™s the site. They have started to take entries. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll have mine done in time. Iā€™m hoping I will. But when ya gotta push past 90days itā€™s cutting it close with me

3 Likes

Damn they said it was gonna be in Northern VA, oh well. Only 2 hours away. What do you get with the VIP tickets?

4 Likes

VIP pass at their other events usually has a swag bag. It contains seeds but other than that Iā€™m not sure. @VAhomegrown

3 Likes

I hope you make it in time for the event. @Enjoi802

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I wanted to put this together because just like they said the nyc haze was lost, we found it. I think the same can be achieved with the skunk. Iā€™m personally too young to have smoked skunk buds in the 80s but Iā€™d be interested to see some that actually smells like skunk spray cause I personally love that smell!! So weā€™ll see what happens. Got a lot of cool vendors coming out and itā€™s gonna be a great time. Hope to see you all there whoever can make it!! Letā€™s see if any of these breeders really have skunk!! And as for the comment of judges being paid, thatā€™s definitely not the case. Itā€™s going to be just like piffcon. All the judges will get unlabeled jars and Iā€™m the only one who will know what strain is what. After I get the judges top 3 I will average them all and thatā€™s who the winner will be. I hope we find something or at least take a step forward in unlocking this magical skunk bud that so many people love!

21 Likes