Pirates of the Mediterranean

Holy shit. Hang some ornaments on that girl. Christmas in April.

2 Likes

Black & Blue Lebanese (#3, 55 days, Selection)

Manomanomanoman. I am excited about this gal. Wooweeeeee, this is black&blue at its finest. What a beautiful plant. Couple nanners here and there, but Iā€™d grow this one all day long.

Itā€™s not often that I feel like all of the most desirable traits collapse onto one plant, but I think this might be it. Favorite smell, best branching structure, best for bud sites, favorite bud structure, coloration, most tolerant to my fuck ups, and probably will come in at the 2nd best yield. Smell is like fresh lemons, very tart and sour on the nose. Top notch stuff. Iā€™m drooling.

24 Likes

Fnckinā€™ Awesome Plant!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:
:star_struck:
Thatā€™s the keeper for sure from the 3 youā€™ve shown, imo :sweat_smile: That structure is perfect, buds look greatā€¦ I think Iā€™m in love :joy: Definitely would be breeding that one. Sucks on the nanners but hopefully theyā€™re late, and you can work it out down the line. Nice job sir!

4 Likes

Itā€™s definitely a part of growing Lebanese indoors, in my experience. But I did light stress them quite a bit, and beat them up nutritionally. Iā€™ll just keep selecting ones that show the best resilience, and itā€™ll probably get better over time.

Still a joy to grow, and I love having it in the jars. I am over the moon with this plant. Except for the foxtailing, sheā€™s pretty stunning. This one seems to have a lot of traits from both plants, maybe slightly more from the Black Lebanese. Thereā€™s a lot of sativa character to the buds, but also really good resin density. Itā€™s maybe not so apparent from the pictures I took, but the low branches are nice and wide and the bud distribution is good. She has a very efficient structure that covers the area without much overlap. Super easy to grow, since I didnā€™t have to trim branches and hardly any fan leaves.

9 Likes

Syrian

I ground a bunch of this tonight because I made a lot of seeded bud lul. This is from the monopole Syrian. The smell when I cracked the jar was awesome. Very rich smelling cannabis. The effect is straight to the dome, very buzzy in the front of the head for me, bloodshot eyes, a little disorienting (in a good way). Anyone who saw me would know I was bakedā€¦ that kinda weed.

That kinda weed. :joy: Very enjoyable and surprisingly strong.

14 Likes

May i have your permission @lefthandseeds ?

5 Likes

Definitely. Iā€™m aware of what their own war on drugs has done to these farmers. I canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve seen this docu yet though, looks like itā€™ll be interesting.

4 Likes

Hey @lefthandseeds, can you refresh my memory on what the Black and Blue isā€¦ Just two landrace parents? Is the Blue a hemp? If so, are you making a CBD rich plant? peace

1 Like

Ah so could just be stress related too then. Thatā€™s fine. Sounds like a plan ^^

Yeah, that structure really reminds me of my NL5HSS girl. Yours looks nice and sturdy too. Absolutely love it! The foxtails donā€™t look too bad but I get it. Least you shouldnā€™t have any issues with mold or budrot :wink:

I donā€™t actually find the foxtails bad, especially with breeding lately. :thinking: I would bet if you found a denser male sibling, you could have some big fat buds on the next batch. The male I kept and bred with has a really foxtail like flower expression, very separated and spread apart. The offspring between him and something just a bit denser then your #3 girl(albeit also with haze genetics), gave me a super foxtail sativa pheno, a ā€œnormalā€ pheno like the mom, and then a really fat dense pheno with buds twice the size of the mom. Seems like something with the foxtail gene meeting with the dense gene in just the right way causes the buds to basically double in sizeā€¦

Anyways, idk what your plans are, but just a thought ^^

5 Likes

The parents are Black Lebanon (Geneseeds) x Lebanese (Blue Hemp Switzerland). So itā€™s just different lines of Lebanese. The Black Leb is itself a hybrid of Lebanese. Iā€™m not necessarily looking for any chemotype, but I wouldnā€™t be against CBD rich or rich in any of the alternative cannabinoids. High THC is not necessarily an objective, but I will select for resinous plants. So that could involve cannabinoid.

I donā€™t mind the foxtails too much. They create weird looking buds and sometimes donā€™t have as much resin. But I consider them kind of ā€œadditionalā€ on top of whatever yield I was expecting to get. Itā€™s really not a big deal, except for looks. Thatā€™s really good to know though. I will definitely want to use the Leb Iā€™m working on to breed with Afghans in the future. Sounds like there could be some more advantages to it!

10 Likes

Lefty that is a beautiful looking lady
The black & blue sounds like the silly weed that made your get what we called Chinese eyes !lol :joy:( in this day of political correctness I hope I didnā€™t offend anybody ) even people who never seen someone hi knows your hi lol

Winner !!!

3 Likes

Ah, Blue Hemp is the company. Thatā€™s where I got mixed up. I thought you crossed to a hemp/cbd plant. I like the looks of it. I love that sort of structure for all of the obvious reasons. peace

2 Likes

We used to call it TIGHT-EYED

4 Likes

Yea sorry, I should probably state that more often. Itā€™s not a hemp strain, itā€™s a pure Lebanese from a defunct breeder. You donā€™t hear much about their lines these days. I only have their Lebanese, but Iā€™d like to try some of their other lines some day.

6 Likes

BB Leb 4 & 5 (63 days)

As you can see, one turned completely black. Itā€™s a little undersized, due to being transplanted from deepots a little later than the others. It didnā€™t have as much time to put down roots. The other one is the yield champ. These two are the most black Leb leaning, but also they both had a lot of nanners and the bigger one is the herm. These apparently donā€™t take light stress easily. Not going to take seeds off them, but good for the headstash!

21 Likes

Awesome flowers. Great work!

2 Likes

Thanks @BigMike55. These have been a real pain in my ass for their sexual instability, but I think Iā€™m going to hang with them for several grows until I can flesh it out. Like all worthwhile things, itā€™ll just take patience and a hard nose. Fortunately if something goes wrong and they get seeded out, they make great hash for the rosin press. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I dont remember if I told you. The pollen you sent to me? I used some on one of my Blue Cookies clones. Just growing for good smoke so I pollinated a branch with the short version Black Lebanese. I can see seeds forming. It was 3-4 weeks ago. I am interested to see what is produced with this cross. Might be fire. Might be bunk. But no guts no glory right?

5 Likes

Wow, I love the praying hands on the black one and the tacos (or should I say shawarmasšŸ˜†) on the other one. Herm or not, those are some absolutely beautiful plants.

4 Likes