Pirates of the Mediterranean

Syrian Day 28

These Syrians are just a cool plant. I’ve mostly recovered them, but next time, I’ll throw extra P from week 1 of flower. This grow will certainly be better than my last one though. They’re a challenge with synthetic nutrients. I’m getting my bearings though, and I think these are going to turn out great.

Smells are fruit/fuel. I really like putting the nose to em. The first picture is the shorter/branchy pheno. The rest are from the tall, apical pheno. Good resin on both. The apical pheno seems a little easier to grow, but I think the shorty will stretch out better with the leb.

20 Likes

Hell yeah, if you got a smidgen to spare… please & thanks. Maybe I’ve got something to trade ya for .

Might be an awesome combo to hit this “Magic dust” on my Posion Daddy Regs (Durban Posion X Kosher Daddy)

7 Likes

Male feature - Black & Blue Lebanese (29F, Wide Branching, Short)

The early tall male shot his wad last week, and got chopped yesterday. This guy is about a week behind, and just starting to dump pollen now. I got the first good collection off of him today. Node spacing between clusters is surprisingly good. Flowers have some light coloration, but as of yet remains mostly green. I wonder if it will take on the same colors as his brother by this time next week.

Branching structure is very good, and early selection of that aspect seems to have continued into flowering. I would call this more V shape branches that U shape like the other male. Leaf margins start wider lower in the plant and narrow toward the top. As is typical of both Black Lebanon and Blue Hemp Leb, the overall leafiness is low – perhaps another boon toward using them in Afghan/Lebanese hybrids.

I have been keeping the nutrients fairly low, but there is still a little evidence of mild phos deficiency and nitrogen clawing, which seem to happen in pairs with these. Overall appearance of the serrations is softer, with slightly downturned edges.

While my preference was to use the larger male for hybridizing the Syrians, this is the one I have used to inbreed the Black & Blue females. The shorter stature is a boon toward indoor growing, and this male and the females are already a good height. Unlike the Syrians, they don’t need to be brought out of a compact structure – though I would hope to find some males with this stature and the Blue Hemp earliness in the next round of grow.

16 Likes

Damn, that fella is well hung!!! :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil: :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

6 Likes

Checked today and found two of my Black Lebanon clones have rooted from the same mother. I’d like to get at least one of the other mother cloned too for backcrossing from this black/blue pollen.

In other news, I made some imitation Clonex Mist – which is mostly calcium nitrate. I was using it on these clones every couple days, and it has really done a nice job keeping everything green. If anybody wants my recipe, I can post it. I made a 100x concentrate and I keep it in my seed fridge.

The little guys are some more Lebanese from my Lebanese mix. I’m going male hunting for 4 more males out of this pile. Leb mix has Black & Blue Leb, and BB Leb crossed to RSC Leb and Leb27. I’m going to keep a low female selection pressure ~50%, and work on folding together, and carrying starting an alternating pollen swap with the BB Leb x Syrian side. I think I’ll grow and A-side and a B-side, and carry pollen from the previous run into the opposite side. After a few rounds, they should converge and I’ll mix them together.

14 Likes

I’d like to see that recipe if you don’t mind.
Anything to help cloning, I’m all game for

6 Likes

Same here .

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds I PM you for addy bro. Mail ready to go out.

1 Like

@HaRdRoC @ShiskaberrySavior

Lefthand Clone Mist

For 1L of 100X Concentrate
4.8g Calcium Nitrate
75mg MKP (yes milligrams!)
75mg Agsil 16H OR 75mg potassium sulfate

This will make 100 bottles of Zlonex mist. Dilute 10mL of concentrate into 1L of water. Optionally add a drop of castille soap or some yucca extract as a surfactant/wetting agent. Spray clones every couple days.

:v:

16 Likes

Thanks copied and pasted into my notes no big red book here just notepad . Thanks now I need a trip to the garden store to buy ingredients.

2 Likes

It’s mostly the calcium nitrate that’s important. The clonex mist uses slightly different chems to provide P and K, but they’re also like 10x less than nitrogen in the spray. So I’m not really sure how much they matter. I just have all of this stuff already… You could also use dipotassium phosphate to sub for the last two. About 150mg of that in place of 75mg each of the last two ingredients would also be ok.

7 Likes

Added that info as well .

1 Like

Thanks so this is the same as the clonex solution that I buy?

1 Like

The mist, not the nutrient.

7 Likes

It’s like a super light nitrogen foliar.

4 Likes

Oh, ok. I thought I read on the bottle you could dilute it for spray?? I could be wrong, I’ll check tomorrow, thecromm is in dark mode…:sunglasses::sunglasses:
I’d definitely have to get the thinking cap on and make a smaller batch, cause I wouldn’t need near close to that amount.
I do foliar spray silica, would that be about the same?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s possible. I’ve never used the solution, i just saw they had this spray and it looked easy enough to replicate. Seems to have worked ok too, there’s just no reason I’d pay for something mostly water like that I can make cheaply.

8 Likes

I’m all for saving a buck​:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Lesson 387 - How to tell your female plant is sterile

:joy:

19 Likes

Wow, how long has he been in there? No wilting pistils… Think the male could be sterile? I never even thought about this situation, nor did I know it existed, heh.

5 Likes