Plant patents, trademarks, what are they and how do they work, Let’s discuss facts

Pick whatever word you want for what you were doing. Doesnt bother me none. I was wrong. I bow down. Im done.

#definitelynotlegaladvice

2 Likes

I’ll put a notch on the headboard :wink::wink:. Hope I didn’t offend anyone…:triumph:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Nope, not offended at all, just depressed and exhausted.

1 Like

You need some good weed! :grin:

I like the idea, it would need to be done properly.

True, even just a tiny bit altered, legally distinct I think is the term.

They can, and have done it already.
Enforcing it is another matter.
But it will be tough to fight Monsanto, Syngenta, ect. and win.
It will be costly too.

This is exactly what they have done to the “T”.
More to come with federal legalization too.
The fun has just begun…LOL

Like skunk # 1 with soo soo many crosses.
What if you had the rights to that.

Like phylos did and is doing right now.
Check it out you can get their genes but there is a catch. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Here you can find more info about phylos.
What they stole, how they stole it.
How they lied to everyone to get them to send in samples they then stole and are using as their own after using marker breeding to change things up just a tiny bit.

2 Likes

I remember that and thinking it was sketchy…big pharma sending out spies lol.

Yeah I have a great idea to go with the kennel club idea…trying to move prudently. I agree it has to be done correctly. I think that the 1st step is setting up a non profit.

I want to create a topological ecosystem for marijuana.

2 Likes

Some said this would/could never happen…

Dark Heart Announces World’s First Intrinsically Seedless Cannabis for Commercial Producers

Heart Industries, California’s leading cannabis genetics company, today announced the world’s first seedless triploid cannabis for commercial growers. Dark Heart’s PistilGuard technology produces triploid cannabis seeds and clones that essentially cannot produce seed, even when directly exposed to pollen. This technology innovation means that triploid cannabis can be grown on the same scale as corn, wheat, or industrial hemp.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2022/01/31/2375748/0/en/Dark-Heart-Announces-World-s-

Now just add some auto genes in there and make things unclonable.
They laughed and called me names 10 years ago when I said this was all going to happen.

It has only just begun too.
Federal legalization will just make things worse.
Bayer, Syngenta … all the big AG companies are waiting to pounce when they get the green light.

These big companies like to buy smaller companies, so they are cool with the infrastructure that is currently being built on someone else’s dollar.

1 Like

None of these things should worry people who are just growing for themselves. It should worry people who are trying to make money by growing. Full legalization and Big Ag entering the picture is only going to commoditize cannabis and bring down profit margins on growers to rates seen in other commodity crops. It will hurt the growers, but will be great for consumers, as prices are going to crash across the board.
And that’s just US legalization…
If you want a glimpse of what international legalization is going to do to prices, do a google search on what Colombia and Ecuador, did to cut flower markets in America once refrigerated air cargo became affordable.

While I would not use the word worry, that is the word you chose.
I would be disturbed about this myself.

Do you really feel this is all these companies will change?
I have a different opinion.

Yea, like store bought weed, you do know how they make sure they don’t test positive for mold right?
Ozone bombardment, treating with chlorine gas and radiation.
I don’t wanna smoke that kind of trash myself
If you think store-bought weed is better, you should really rethink that.

Yea, cause legal weed is always cheaper…right?
I have seen prices as high as $35 a gram in stores, here in michigan now that it is legal here.

Again, I ask where are those rock bottom prices that legal weed brings.

I am sorry if it seems like I was picking on your response here.
I just completely disagree.
I hope I did not offend with my strong disagreement here.
Noting personal here.

Big Ag cannabis is only going to be good for Big AG.
Folks can keep their Monsanto weed, none for me thanks!

Peace
Shag

No offense taken at all, I think we agree on a lot more than my post made it seem.

I wasn’t trying to come off that big ag is going to be good for the industry, just that it’s not going to really effect home growers.

It’s going to effect the average joe who wants macro ag quality product at the lowest possible cost. Is it trash? Of coarse it is.

I don’t want anything to do with commercial grade store bought weed either, which is why I feel most of us are on this site :smile: .

Prices are going to drop significantly, the only reason they haven’t in Michigan is that it is an insulated market. Look at Canada as soon as it went nationally legal and the big corporations could enter, it was a race to the bottom, and not just on the low quality product.

1 Like

Unless I can download the patented plant along with that RAM I got from Alibaba, I’ll always go out of my way to take cuttings/make seed and spread them freely from any patented plants… Cannabis is going to be legal world wide soon and we gotta find a new “Nemesis” to overgrow haha We won the war, now lets turn our attention to the real problems at hand and learn to grow guzzoline!

I’m kidding about all the above and only said those things due to being stoned to the gills. Thought I should add this incase someone gets a bee in their bonnet and decides to start a crude refinery.

I’ll see myself out haha

1 Like

Cool, I think you are right, we do agree on more than I thought.
I can see, you see things pretty clearly now, I did misunderstand before thanks for the clairification. :grin:

I got no problem with a stoner rant, It is a guilty pleasure of mine also…LOL

1 Like

Biodiesel from hemp seed? :wink:

3 Likes

Are you sure about this? I’ve seen reasonable prices for poor quality weed from delivery services, and ludicrous prices for reasonable quality weed that friends have bought from local dispensaries.

Best price/quality is still the elusive “black market”, after homegrown of course.

2 Likes

You know the more I think about it, it seems we may all be putting the carriage before the horse so to speak. Which is natural given that MJ is something we care about. I think we are probably blowing the AG situation up because it’s our worst fear. I think that big AG and the pharms probably care very little about MJ or they would have lobbied to have it legalized. I also think that the government is going to do the right thing with MJ (which is why legalization is taking so long :wink:) and let the people do what they want with it. Descheduled with a blanket legalization…no silly plant counts etc.

Also, I feel that the large MJ grow op is a thing of the past when the war on drugs was at it’s height. With no risk to grow, everyone is going to want to grow small batch headstash and make bank, not work for $15 an hour in a growlab…

1 Like

:rofl:

:rofl:

I admire your optimism. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Every vote counts! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Thought to inject this as well…if there is a crypto coin that enables people to get free seeds and grow gear, small batch homegrown will boom and the prices will stabilize at higher than expected rates (weed has been $50 an eighth for 25 yrs). Also the horticulture industry would be in love with us, the horticultural industry could become the next “big” industry. This type of proof of stake coin is a win win for everyone.

https://overgrow.com/t/a-topological-approach-to-marijuana/81936

I must disagree.
This seems to show the skunkman and Bayer working together on a cannabis product.
That is just one.
year: 2003

A startup with ties to Bayer has inked a $122 million deal to make lab-grown marijuana — and it’s eyeing the pharma industry