Platinum Cookies-x-GDP ( Candyland )

my goal is to flip on or about Valentine’s Day she is starting to ramp up growth a wee bit

Uploading…

3 Likes

this strain shows no signs of being defiencient & what growth characteristics she displays is just slow & I think it’s genetics I’ve never grown any of the cookies or their crosses I have grown 2 phenos of GDP & this resembles neither I’m really hoping this is one of those strains that saves the best for last I was wanting to flip Valentine’s Day but I’m thinking I’m gonna maybe veg longer than or risk getting zero yield the next few weeks are gonna define my strategy

2 Likes

She owes this to the Grand Daddy Purple. Slowest plant ever in my tent.

1 Like

I’ve only grew gdp from one source & it seemed normal but what you’re saying would explain a few things as with a lot of these strains which cut of each parent makes all the difference in the world

what kind of stretch did you get after the flip?

1 Like

Absolutely none.

Zip, nada.

I had my suspicions & im gonna treat this like I’m expecting zero stretch after the flip the backbone of ol’man winter is about broke around here which soon will eliminate my dependence on the hps for heat & I’ll bring the led back in I’m getting steady growth just not rapidly as I like but this is gonna work just gonna require a different approach than my other tent lol…

2 Likes

could also be a slow pheno there’s always a few out of a pack which straggle a bit, but i’ve smoked candyland and it was a decent daytime high imo and a nice flavour. i think most cookies crosses are kinda low yielders aren’t they? never grown one

in spite of my grumbling she is waking up

3 Likes

funny thing happened I went out for a routine check before lights out on the blackjack & decided to peep in on the candyland & discovered a good bit of new growth so I bent & tucked some limbs & it’s looking like I just might end up with enough growth to flip by Valentine’s Day

1 Like

I’m getting growth & just kinda training as I go

3 Likes

this is my first time growing any type of cookie or cross of cookies as well I’m not expecting a large yield but I’m gonna give it my best shot

found a video on you tube that had this version of candyland, hope mine turns out like theirs

1 Like

the weather has warmed up considerably & im trying to figure out if it’s time to put the led back in this grow was originally planed around my California light works led that I used in this tent last grow I’ve been using the hps to heat both tents soon if not now things will be warm enough to go back to my original plan

2 Likes

this is blackjack from the last grow in this tent it was the first grow in this tent with this light

2 Likes

I upped the megacrop to 900ppm.

1 Like

The led is back to stay as was the original plan

Uploading… Uploading…

3 Likes

I’m getting steady progress as the time to flip (Valentine’s Day) gets closer this doesn’t look like she is gonna be a stretcher & the whole grow is gonna be a learning experience I looked this strain up @ www.kingklonebrand.com just noticed the thc ratings are pretty high for this strain

2 Likes

this grow is my tryout of megacrop & im gonna hold off on my final opinion on how it stacks up against gh which I am a long time fan of not sure if the megacrop is gonna top that but here is today’s pics

1 Like