Platinum Pineapple f4

Really cool, thanks for the info. It sounds like you’ve done this before, have you made any other stabilized crosses?

Also I wish some of the more impatient breeders online would read this thread!

5 Likes

I’ve worked on alot of crosses but the pineapple has had more stabilizing done then the others.
I have a cross of Hailey’s comet to a old acapulco line that tends to be rather uniform but it needs more work to really be stabile. I have a few crosses on there second and third generation waiting for a large pheno hunt to be performed. Ive spent alot of time collecting older heirloom varieties that I’m going to start making available again. I have a small seed company but only make a few strains available each year. I prefer qaulity over qauntity and alot of breeders just want to have a huge strain list aka hybrid list.
Im setting a goal for myself to go back and forth from community preservation projects to personal breeding projects that way I can do 2-3 of each every year The for sale beans will help pay the bills and keep the community preservation runs going.
As soon as the pineapple are done I have a community lavender project going in to replace them, followed by my grape rebbelion and then a free comunity seed run of the UFS. Once all that is accomplished I’m going to spend sometime testing a Hindu/skunk acapulco cross I made before releasing them.

20 Likes

I’ll be keeping an eye on you! :wink: Those are all nice projects. Best vibes!

4 Likes

That would make an excellent thread!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Really cool. Those huge selection runs must have all kinds of crazy specimens and freaks showing up. Its smart how you stagger projects. I guess if you label the seeds properly and keep detailed notes you can dive back into a project any time you feel like it…even years later

What’s grape rebellion?

5 Likes

The big runs definitely expose some freaky plants from time to time, I have seen alot of fasciation and mutant leaves in my day. I used to keep the mutants to see what they would become but they were almost always a waste of space. The fasciated nugs get huge though and the pineapple will throw one occasionally.there is actually one on the current seeded plant, it’s the largest cola in the picture.
Grape rebbelion is another strain of mine I have been growing and need to put out in seed form. It’s really really loud , problematic if you don’t want everybody to know you have dank weed.

10 Likes

what is UFS if you don’t mind me asking, Uncle Fester Skunk?

4 Likes

That is correct , I missed out on the server fundraiser but a member here was kind enough to send me some as we both agreed more should be created and passed out :grin:

7 Likes

@Heritagefarms, that is a very special trait in cannabis plants. Hopefully you center in on that along with your other desirables and go into production. I’d definitely stand in line for a pkg… Also looking for " the grape "

6 Likes

They should be available in the near future in the form of a server fundraiser. I’ve been focusing on the red but by coincidence because it tends to mark the pheno with the desired growth, smell and taste . Just now getting some dark seeds sticking out of nugs, gonna let it die slowly to replicate nature as much as possible, little over 8 weeks now so I’m going to slowly cut the water off and let her finish up.

13 Likes

I couldn’t think of a better way to spend some stimulus money. If I ever see it.

5 Likes

I feel so lucky to witness the masters at work.

6 Likes

Started to see dark seeds busting out the nugs, she is done and hanging in a tote. I take clear plastic totes and cross strings over the top and cut holes in the side with hole saw bit for air flow. This gives me somewhere to dry seeded nugs with out the concern of them dropping out as the plant dries.

16 Likes

I like that idea. They will drop out. That’s their job!

5 Likes

I like to let seeds mature to the point there poking out the nugs in a few places, These were pollinated just over 8 weeks ago :grin:

10 Likes

Just getting started ,tons of sorting left, only finding a few light colored ones so far :grinning:

35 Likes

Looking great!

4 Likes

Yep, that’s a nice batch there. They all look viable.

3 Likes

I see mostly mottled and a lot of solid colored seeds. Very nice work @Heritagefarms!

6 Likes

Just finished sorting the seeds from the plant material. I will be creating a separate thread for the auction in the next few days. Expect to see several 10 packs, a few 20 packs , one 50, and one 100 pack.
More info coming soon , I will tag the auction thread here as soon as it is up so all who have been following this project will get notified.

17 Likes