Platinum Pineapple f4

I have a feeling these seeds are gonna produce some very nice plants. The LAPK you speak of from hazeman. Im assuming La Pure Kush correct? Which I have also always been told and read the LAPK and HPK are the same. I have a hollyweed mom from Bodhi that I keep around. Its outstanding. The mother of that cross is HPK. I will definitely be bidding in this auction.

3 Likes

The suges pk uzbeki was almost identical to the LAPK from Hazeman, a little more stretch to suges pk uzbeki ,Iā€™m guessing that came from the uzbeki. The smell and taste is identical, I believe I posted some pics of the LAPK when it was growing, and yes the LAPK is la pure kush, nothing like a og kush, more cheesy earthy afghan style plants.

6 Likes

Excuse the dark photos and flash but itā€™s better then the oranged out hps pics

27 Likes

Beautiful. Do you pretty much have the strain where you want it now? How many generations before you see consistency in the traits your looking for?

Really cool project! If I had the space Iā€™d love to try making a stable strain, taking a photo strain to full auto would be awesome too

3 Likes

That thing is looking really nice. I hope I can have some funds when it happens. Probably wonā€™t be able to hang for an auction though. Damn virus has thrown a wrench into all spring/early summer work plans.

Iā€™ll have to start a thread sometime to pick the brains of peeps like you to help me take a cross I made and make it into a stable strain. I have one I made and selected from just a handful of plants to make some f2s but another pheno got hit with that pollen and it was a special pheno.

I want to search in both f2 versions and work one of them out mostly to learn the process and see if I can find the best in my hunt. Best vibes on the finish. peace

5 Likes

Some strains require more work then others. With this strain the last generation only had three different phenos and 100 seeds were grown out resulting in 58 females and the best one was used to make the beans the current grow came from. Two of the phenos were almost identical one was just a little more stretchy, the third lacked the robust smell and flavor Iā€™d say one out of 5 females was the less stinky pheno , it was there but not as strong. This generation should stabilize them even more. The male used was the most similar to the females Iā€™ve seen yet. The next round will be a larger exploration to test the results as the breeding has been very complex up untill now. There is a full and long explanation of the path taken to get here at the begining of this thread

16 Likes

Are those the lapk or the pineapple that you shared pics of on post 22-23

5 Likes

They are the pineapple ,everything in this thread is, there is another thread on here for the LAPK.

6 Likes

Really cool, thanks for the info. It sounds like youā€™ve done this before, have you made any other stabilized crosses?

Also I wish some of the more impatient breeders online would read this thread!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve worked on alot of crosses but the pineapple has had more stabilizing done then the others.
I have a cross of Haileyā€™s comet to a old acapulco line that tends to be rather uniform but it needs more work to really be stabile. I have a few crosses on there second and third generation waiting for a large pheno hunt to be performed. Ive spent alot of time collecting older heirloom varieties that Iā€™m going to start making available again. I have a small seed company but only make a few strains available each year. I prefer qaulity over qauntity and alot of breeders just want to have a huge strain list aka hybrid list.
Im setting a goal for myself to go back and forth from community preservation projects to personal breeding projects that way I can do 2-3 of each every year The for sale beans will help pay the bills and keep the community preservation runs going.
As soon as the pineapple are done I have a community lavender project going in to replace them, followed by my grape rebbelion and then a free comunity seed run of the UFS. Once all that is accomplished Iā€™m going to spend sometime testing a Hindu/skunk acapulco cross I made before releasing them.

20 Likes

Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on you! :wink: Those are all nice projects. Best vibes!

4 Likes

That would make an excellent thread!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Really cool. Those huge selection runs must have all kinds of crazy specimens and freaks showing up. Its smart how you stagger projects. I guess if you label the seeds properly and keep detailed notes you can dive back into a project any time you feel like itā€¦even years later

Whatā€™s grape rebellion?

5 Likes

The big runs definitely expose some freaky plants from time to time, I have seen alot of fasciation and mutant leaves in my day. I used to keep the mutants to see what they would become but they were almost always a waste of space. The fasciated nugs get huge though and the pineapple will throw one occasionally.there is actually one on the current seeded plant, itā€™s the largest cola in the picture.
Grape rebbelion is another strain of mine I have been growing and need to put out in seed form. Itā€™s really really loud , problematic if you donā€™t want everybody to know you have dank weed.

10 Likes

what is UFS if you donā€™t mind me asking, Uncle Fester Skunk?

4 Likes

That is correct , I missed out on the server fundraiser but a member here was kind enough to send me some as we both agreed more should be created and passed out :grin:

7 Likes

@Heritagefarms, that is a very special trait in cannabis plants. Hopefully you center in on that along with your other desirables and go into production. Iā€™d definitely stand in line for a pkgā€¦ Also looking for " the grape "

6 Likes

They should be available in the near future in the form of a server fundraiser. Iā€™ve been focusing on the red but by coincidence because it tends to mark the pheno with the desired growth, smell and taste . Just now getting some dark seeds sticking out of nugs, gonna let it die slowly to replicate nature as much as possible, little over 8 weeks now so Iā€™m going to slowly cut the water off and let her finish up.

13 Likes

I couldnā€™t think of a better way to spend some stimulus money. If I ever see it.

5 Likes

I feel so lucky to witness the masters at work.

6 Likes