PNG-Papua New Guinea Pics from various growers

the drought induced Auto Theory also holds well with Afghani landrace which, when grown in the wild, without additional water from man, can Autoflower. One further note. The Moroccan, even when given plenty of water, still autoflowers, so the trait is fixed regardless of growing conditions

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got it. Itā€™s a photo period plant that really isnā€™t a photo period plantā€¦ ā€¦ Fauxto period. ( photoperiod) lol. Cracked myself up with that onešŸ˜

8 Likes

Lmao.

It was a friend of mine trying to lock down the autoflowering trait, and he never made any headway. They do definitely appear to autoflower but I think itā€™s stress related as opposed to a gene we can transfer from line to line.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, I donā€™t mean to be Debby downer. Lol

4 Likes

Youā€™re definitely no Debbie Downer. It is good to mix facts and reality with wishful thinking. Wanting something to be true, and having it be true are entirely different. Did your friend grow in containers? that would certainly cause a bit of stress for that crazy vigorous line. Too bad we didnā€™t have contacts in New Guinea, the reunion Islands and any other places with reputed auto flowering tropical fauxtos. Angus from the real Seed Company has posted a bit more information on his Sudan landrace. Flowering time is about 12 weeks. The terpene profiles match more closely with Sinai landrace than they do with beldia, but they must all be related. it also flowers automatically after four to five weeks of growth. I am very intrigued by the possibility of passing this straight to the next generation of a hybrid. Next summer I will be making some crosses to see what comes of it. surely somebody has done this beforeā€¦???

3 Likes

it would be cool if Zamals have stressrelated autoflower aswell. So, you saw a Zamal flower at a unusual floweringtime/or after certain Lifespan automatic? (stressinducd or not)

i aswell had some Source who told it to me in a way he soundad credible. And i am also came to the believe that some myths appeared to be fiction, like pepertual growth.

Itā€™s all about the environment. The perpetual growth is just a plant fully flowering, and then revegging and flowering again. We do it all the time indoors, and in tropical environments it happens naturally.

Iā€™ve got family in Cape Verde and they say the same thing. The lowest temperature all year is 50s/60s, so thereā€™s no signal for the plants to die. They just keep going until they run out of steam.

6 Likes

i ment two/three year flowering. these myths were ment. i know some just reveg .
Anyway im more interested in autoflowering-qualities of equatorials.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, theyā€™re the same thing.

Under the right conditions the plants will veg for a couple months, flower for six more months, and when the buds die back new little growth points continue at the meristems. Theyā€™re just spontaneously revegging outdoors.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve read the same thing about perpetual flowering zamal. Some special plants have been kept around for decades by the bourbon growers, revegging on their own after each harvest. I still remember reading about this trait years ago in a seed catalogue online. I almost bought them for outdoors here in NY lol. I knew so little( as did the seed sellerā€¦almost think it was angus from rscā€¦)

4 Likes

Hereā€™s the original PNG grow log.
In here I documented the ā€œautoflowerā€ It started Flowering while in 18/6 light schedule while all the other were still vegging. I thought it was a hermie but it was a stable girl that took 20 weeks to finish.
This ā€œautoā€ had a great sweet fruity smell when cured.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=341810

6 Likes

PNG x Tom Hill Haze 70 days Flowering

16 Likes

WOWā€¦ its first time i see someone proove automatic equatorials. Alltho it is still the possibility of contaminated genes.

I heard from an autoflowering Thai once (stressinduced-likelyness or not?) .

You have a very loose definition of proof.

3 Likes

if he made a growlog on itā€¦ i still have to re-read his growlog.

Thatā€™s beautiful. At 70 days it looks like a regular strain at about 35. How long do you think it will go?

4 Likes

ok , i read the thread: png nr 2 is the plant that flowered from the start . Not autoflower? Just rootbound? the point is rootbound shouldnt been too extreeme, otherwise we should see leafes hanging, lifeless lookā€¦ so, i would call it proove, BESIDE like mentioned if its contaminated genes

1 Like

Another grower I sent beans to had his flower in 24/0 lighting and documented this feature as well. Enjoy the seeds and donā€™t worry too much about the Af because it still takes 20 weeks to finish! haha

1 Like

Man, Iā€™m hoping itā€™s done at 17 weeks which would bring us to last week of December. That would be ideal because I have to leave Jan 1st for travel.

1 Like

Current Outdoor Grow from buddy PNG x Asian Beauty

19 Likes

do you know if Autoflowering appeared also without clones used?

1 Like