PNG-Papua New Guinea Pics from various growers

If you mean it, I’ll take you at your word. I’ll send you a PM, send me a pack of the autoflowers and I’ll run them immediately. I’ve still got an obligation floating over my head for the seed coop, anyway.

2 Likes

What’s your stipulations for sending seeds? I wouldn’t mind running yours (& worcheshires concurrently)…. But I probably wouldn’t be able to keep males until 2022
(I promised to see through two preservation projects already)

Thanks @Azure for your kind words this morning. I know exactly what I am getting in these beans.
On a totally different note, how prevalent is cannabis in PNG culture?

1 Like

Just read the thread and if you come to the conclusion that I’m some lying grifter mailing seeds worldwide for free, then maybe these are not for you! haha
I sent the PNG to 30 plus growers and had one grower receive the PNG “photoperiod” second hand. This grower become freakishly hung up by the labeling of one pheno as “autoflower” even though we discussed and determined that tropical sativas can be triggered to “autoflower” indoors in smaller pots. Hence the labeling of “autoflower” which is in quotation marks by the way.
This trait is not unknown in the cannabis community but this trait can be confusing, making difficult to comprehend for certain individuals with limited cognitive abilities.
By reading this thread you will come to understand, presuming your reading comprehension is above fifth grade level, that these are not traditional auto flowers. They are what experts like to call semi-auto flowering tropical sativas.
This “auto-flower” pheno (sorry if this triggers anyone!) can have more of a wild sativa look, more pungent marigold scent during flowering, more fruity aroma when cured, as well as the cat piss and grape aromas.
You can do whatever you want with them. Feed them to birds, sell them! Up to you. I feel that if I give something away, that it’s not mine anymore. It’s yours. This way I can never be disappointed!
If you find it possible, post a few pics and let me know so we can enjoy looking at your labor.

4 Likes

Geez bud…

I was just asking for seeds. I’m an unbiased party that was willing to run yours next to someone elses of the same line. I respect the work you’ve done so far. No need to be so impassioned.

I’ll ask again when your argument subsides.

3 Likes

The bs from Diggy has been resolved as far as I’m concerned.
He just had a difficult time comprehending the information in this thread and why it was called the “autoflower” pheno.
In fact, Diggy asked for some “autoflower” beans and I said, “Of course I’ll send you some.”

They should be there Monday. Have fun with the repro!
Let us know when you start the grow show!

Absolutely, brother. If there’s ever anything I’ve got that interests you, say the word.

Not really. I still vehemently disagree with your use of the word autoflower in this context. Lol

1 Like

@Calyxander por favor, :axe: this mofo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

If you could cite these experts, it would be greatly appreciated. I’d be interested in reading their work.

2 Likes

Nooooo, azure’s good people’s. Our disagreement is strictly pedantic. At the end of the day it’s not anything anyone should be worked up over.

9 Likes

Also it’s a good discussion of two growers varying definitions of terms… Nothing too crazy yet

1 Like

Lol also really hard to chop someone out of their own thread haha

3 Likes

I hadn’t noticed! lol
Bottom line have is fun with them, make some $$, and spread them around. I’m sure you’ll find some interesting phenos and aromas. I sent you about 40-50 beans if not more.

2 Likes

Here’s a Spanish sativa breeder describing the plant’s trait during my first PNG grow. "they tend to autoflower once they are sexually mature and they feel rootbound in small pots indoors, even with long photoperiods, i like to call these type of strains semi autoflowering, as they are not fully autoflowering since clones can be kept indoors for long term (not without trouble) but they show some kind of autoflowering tendencies under the mentioned conditions.
So when I would post pics of the PNG phenos, I labeled one “autoflower” which nobody had a problem as we had discussed in the original thread what would cause this. If I have to go to another forum, I’ll be sure to describe it as having a semi auto-flowering trait in certain conditions.
Only two people other than myself have grown out this semi auto-flower PNG. One outdoors and one indoors. The indoor grower documented that he had some flowering under 24/0 lighting.

6 Likes

Maybe I do the chopping! lol :axe: :axe: :axe:

2 Likes

I would describe this as a “fast flowering photo” and some breeders actually have some they describe this way… a photoperiod that didn’t need them to flip before flowering with no ruderalis genes that they knew of… It happens and quite the trait…I love plants that finish before the others of the same genetic line…

I see where communication is getting garbled and y’all are working it out respectfully so as far as I’m concerned it’s a good convo trying to reach a place of agreement.

No need to flip forums over it … Been alot of hostility lately but it’ll pass… All good things.

7 Likes

Because weed. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree: :smoking:

3 Likes

17 Likes

According to Angus from the real Seed Company, Afghan plants autoflower if from a feral population, probably from drought stress. But then Offspring from these plants will still do it without drought stress. Similar to Moroccan. The plants begin flowering as the days are still getting longer, and it doesn’t matter if you give them plenty of water now, they still do it because they have evolved to become this way over hundreds of years… Now its Genetic. It’s quite baffling that plants from a region with plentiful rainfall would do this. Even with the small container size I mean. Why don’t all equatorial do it? There has to be something different. From what I have learned, PNG gold is not a very old Variety in New Guinea. Possibly there just since the 50s, descended from Thai genetics, which itself is interesting because I have read of semi-automatic flowering Thai. I’ve still yet to find one. Perhaps these plants are just so vigorous they can’t stand a small container. What I am curious about, is if one of these semi-automatic plants are found, will it act in the same manner if planted in the ground? That would be the Golden Child

9 Likes