Popping seeds question

Well unless the seeds are pricey fems I’d germinate them both and pick your favourite.

yes. i only have two beans of one of them, fem freebie. the other was regs from here on OG. no telling how old they are. not sure if the first one will make it after all. the seed cap on it sucks. its in the blue light pic.

1 Like

Ok, the helmet head spray/dropper tech loosens the skin lining the seed case releasing it from the cotyledons.

so drop water onto it?

Yep or a little spray, may take a few hours. I put a tooth pick between the cotyledons to steady the sprout then another to try and lift the case off, if its still stuck leave it for a while and try again.

it really on there…that was the problem with the seed. the case is too hard. i had to squeeze pretty hard to get it to pop. i tried just touching the shell and it didn’t do much. i will try some water

1 Like

Ok go easy mate.

1 Like

Good luck on your helmet surgery. You have to have nerves of steel. Worse than putting a new screen protector on your phone. :grimacing:

2 Likes

making progress, slowly. about half way out of the shell.
i squeezed the shell again, dropped some water droplets on it periodically. i tried to pry it off a bit, but it’s super delicate.

this is another one that is giving issues. it has been like this for 4 days. i popped another one just in case this one is a dud. maybe the leaves will surface.