Portable AC units

Yeah I’m also very blessed, we own ours as well and as long as it’s not viable or fragrant outside, I can do whatever. My wife just wants me to be happy, plus it will benifet both our pockets

For the time being I just set up another closet until I can make a fool proof plan of how to go about a split room. I think my window might be to small for a window unit honestly . After I get through the next 3 grows I’m gonna rethink everything . I’ll probably either build a small room or set up a small 4x2 and exhaust that outside since it’s just veg and exhaust the flower room into the same room. Take a shoe box and cut 2 holes in it , set it over my floor vent, and duct going into 2 separate spots with a booster fan. Just an idea

2 Likes

Get a portable AC for you room and vent out the small window. I do it in the summer. Get a temp controller too. Good luck and happy growing!

1 Like

does anybody know of a portable air conditioner with a recirculate or recycle function?
(meaning it draws air from indoor, not from outdoor through the vent)

In a forest fire smoke safety document, my county said that you should use a portable air conditioner set to recirculate.

I’ve never seen one that advertises this feature. I know the LG model that I used to have recirculated by default.

But a newer toshiba I have will automatically blow in outside air if it decides outside is cooler than the temperature you have set on the thermostat. This makes it unusable during wildfires or industrial pollution.

1 Like

Is this a good time to bring up peltiers?

When you electrify a peltier cell it produces a NET cooling affect. The hot side becomes hotter and the cold side becomes colder. However, the relationship is not directly proportional, heat is drawn out of the atmosphere (hot side) while electricity creates cold.

You can run a peltier like a bare bulb in an enclosure, and it will generate net cooling. No need to worry about the hot side of the cell.

My Soleus LX140 does. And, I’m fairly certain other Dual Hose Air Conditioning w/Heat Pump operate the same way…the hose going out the ceiling is the exhaust hose. The other hose next to it, still compressed, not stretched out, is the intake hose.

I believe it can also be bypassed and there is an intake (filtered) screen in the back to the right of both those hoses.

smoke,
WHAB

1 Like