Powdery mildew - An easily exterminated parasite

Some Bushes, like Nine-Bark, use a Copper Solution to fight PM… I’ve had Solid protection with the/your Sulphur spray and Cannabis.

3 Likes

In the tests, the copper suppressed it’s growth but didn’t finish it off. Where it failed was the damage to smaller plants. It killed the leaves! The copper can be phytotoxic.

4 Likes

Hey Joe thanks for that. One thing I have Not done, is use the sulphur on Nine-Bark… damn, I got STEERED… lol.

3 Likes

I had high hopes for the copper it seemed so effective at first, but then the mildew grew back anyways. One day I’ll look at it under the microscope! Copper is antimicrobial after all. Ahh but of course bleach, peroxide and cleaning vinegar failed as well and I would have called them antimicrobial. lol! I wouldn’t call sulfur antimicrobial. Fucking weird.

4 Likes

Honest to dog, I thought bleach would kill absolutely everything and anything under the sun

2 Likes

I bleached the shit out of everything in the greenhouse. It was way worse a stink than the sulfur lol! I was certain that bleaching the hell out of everything would work, except it failed. Crazy world! The smell of chlorine really…mmm is something.

2 Likes

Best thing I had found was a 3% H2O2 solution.

Spray the plant and/or spray the room. One and done.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but the hydrogen peroxide doesn’t work.

6 Likes

I saw that coming. :rofl:

2 Likes

The mildew is actually very localized on plant material. It’s host, specifically. The only “opportunity” it needs is the fact the host plant is alive.

2 Likes

Plants with high brix are much less vulnerable to PM, even in a less than perfect environment.
Anything that compromises plant health is an “opportunity” for PM.

2 Likes

Bro…
That shit isn’t true at all. Just… no. Read the thread, it’s about exterminating powdery mildew. Like gone, bam, never comes back. If I relied on what you are saying, I’d be totally lost in space.

2 Likes

You disagree about high brix?
I have read the thread.
I have had PM many times.
Once you get PM in your crop, the spores will be in your environment until you chop & disinfect.
If you don’t do a good job, and spores are still in your environment, guess what’s going to happen to your next crop???

I totally disagree about the brix thing. I’ve seen that claim so many times. Killing off powdery mildew is so easy it’s child’s play. If you have read this thread, then you know how easy it is to kill off, and never see it again. It has nothing to do with brix.

2 Likes

So you think high brix plants are not more resistant to powdery mildew.
That is very interesting.
You probably don’t think they are more resistant to pests either… :crazy_face:

Frankly, you took a hit to the reputation coming in here and saying the peroxide thing. Then… bam claimed to have read the thread? Ugh. Then start that brix talk? More hits to the reputation. I just shake my head. Zero credibility in my eyes. Joined three days ago to tell me what’s what? Please. To prevent further injury to your reputation, you can depart now, and start your own thread where you get powdery mildew infested and then show how you finish it off with hydrogen peroxide and brix. Kill off a few spider mite infestations while you’re at it. I’d like to see that.

4 Likes

Wait a min Boron Dude is that you…….?

3 Likes

Bro I never mentioned peroxide.
You’ve been smoking too much weed.

I refuse to be lectured by someone who is just repeating what they read on the internet.

You are making a fool out of yourself.

Bad-ger

2 Likes

Been here for 3 days and this is what you do. I would say your the fool.

2 Likes