Powdery mildew - An easily exterminated parasite

Is this the same ratio for dipping the clones and can I treat the seedings safely as well? Dunk Roots and all?

2 Likes

I’ve been acting like PM, and spreading the words of JoeCool’s Sulphur protocol far and wide, as it worked so well for me.
Thanks a million man!

3 Likes

You don’t need to dunk the roots, the mildew doesn’t grow there. I don’t think it’ll hurt the plant, but it will change the PH a little bit.

2 Likes

I’ve dunked young veggers by wrapping a plastic grocery bag around the pot to keep the medium from falling out. Turn 'em upside down and send them into the pool for a dip. Like Joe said, no need to dunk the pot. Never done seedlings, but I’d wait til they were established.

5 Likes

Big thanks my Friend🙏. It’s a swamp of mucky info. This is clean and strait forward

All 5 tents got a 1:1 vinegar wipe down anyway. It can’t hurt. clones treated and ready to go. Thanks for all the help!

4 Likes

Cleaning is always a good idea! This thread is meant to have a clear message about mildew - it can be killed off no problem and here’s how to do it! If you read about it online, you’ll come away with no f-ing idea how to kill it off. Because there are a million articles all written to get 10 cents from their amazon affiliate link. Except the articles are copy and paste garbage and their overpriced witches brew doesn’t work.

8 Likes

Don’t forget a respirator/PPE when spraying sulfur.

“Sulfur is king” as Bob Hemphill loves to say. Great miticide too.

1 Like

This is an old leaf from the greenhouse. You can see like…a spider webbing on things. That’s mycelium! It looks a little dried out.

3 Likes

This is my veg “tent”.
As you can see, the plants range from seedlings, to plants ready to go into 12/12.
I spray them all down with sulfur the first of every month. By the time a plant goes from seedling, to 12/12, they have been sprayed 3 or 4 times.
Works for me.

4 Likes

The colony is most likely exterminated by now. Not that spraying the plants will hurt them, they’ll probably like it!

4 Likes

I don’t see the colony growing yet on the plant leaves. It’s been frosty over night, so I’m not surprised. But! I bet I could dig out the colony on the wild asters. It was on the rhizome under the ground last year. I wonder where it winters over on the comfry?

3 Likes

I could use some help. I read a lot of this thread last night. Then I asked a @JustANobody about things, and he referred me back to the same thread. So @JoeCrowe any advice would be welcome. I am in the south where we have had a ridiculous amount of rain this spring and high humidity’s as well.

4 Likes

At that stage your going to have to start over. They are already in flower. Did you take in a clone from someone? That’s been spreading for a while!
When you start over spray sulphur mix 2 times 2 weeks apart in veg.

4 Likes

Yes, they are from clones. I won’t say who, but I trust the source. Is always certified with paperwork.

2 Likes

They will be two weeks into flower tomorrow. First signs noticed about a week ago.

1 Like

I would send them a message and let them know… but at this point you need to chop them down and start over… sorry for the bad news. Has happened to me as well.

2 Likes

Although I am a little disappointed. It’s not the end of the world. I kind of expected this answer.

2 Likes

now what gets me is other than a little preventative spray as you mentioned. Humidity rate remained around 60% for a couple weeks but there are two fans, a portable AC unit and my in-line fan. So there is a lot of air movement in there. And a small dehumidifier. I’m not sure what else I could’ve done.

2 Likes

Once you kill the PM it will not come back no matter what your humidity levels, unless you bring an infected clone/plant in. So once you spray the Sulphur 2 times on your next round you will not have PM anymore unless you still have cannabis/hemp/hops plants nearby with PM still on them or bring in a cut/clone with PM.

2 Likes

I’d personally flip them back to veg, treat them, take cuts, and ditch the mom’s. But that can be a long road.

3 Likes