Powie Wowie - New Strain that rocks. Need testers.

I harvested my powies, so much Powie!

16 Likes

Now that I’m properly stocked up on Powie (all strains) I am playing with some new strains this grow. A bit of everything Iv’e been given or traded for.

13 Likes

Hello dudes :slight_smile: ,

I’m glad to tell you your beans have arrived safe and sound.

I will make them sprout in the next days. I aim to select 6 beans of each. With hope to have enough exemple of phenotypes to show/express.

I will grow the beans left in another session, in a different way probably with improvements we may share altogether here.

@BobbyBudz

11 Likes

Just saw this thread. Very cool! I’m at work now so cant fuck around too much, but def read up on this one later.

5 Likes

Hey BobbyBudz, posting up my test beans. This is my only Powie Pineapple.

The rest are Powie Pink 2.0 plants.

All the best to everyone!

9 Likes

Lil’ update… I have been really enjoying growing out these beans from @BobbyBudz . The initial planting tossed out a couple males early, then half a dozen females declared themselves…and now one more male. I’ve gone heaviest on the Powie Wowie, but there are some Powie Poison and Powie Pineapple comin’ along now.

We are at one of those spots on the globe here where ‘shit just grows weird’! Well, that is if you are like me and abhor the vacuum of having a ‘down’ time! If I’d stick to a ‘normal’ planting schedule everything would probably be closer to ‘normal’. But as it is,my growing is not only for supply of Cancer medicine, the ‘growing’ itself and resulting ‘Will to keep fighting’ is what keeps me going! So, this time of year, from about Oct. all the way until April or so, it’s always like growing auto-flowers…smaller stature, really fast plants that for a long time look to be ‘lacking’ something crucial (generally that’s a “Veg cycle”! :rofl:) and then suddenly just explode w/bud growth. The PW girls appear to be hitting their stretch now and we have the beginnings of budlets showing. (some of these shots are 1-2 weeks ago!)

I’ve been watching for those odd-backwards center blades on the leaves but haven’t seen it yet.

After seeing these girls getting started, I couldn’t help myself! Planted the rest! :rofl:

So, BIG Thanks to @BobbyBudz for turning me on to these! :pray: This all started out as a way for Bobby, a newbie to OG, to put his work in the hands of OG’ers to test out…for FREE! But that seems to have violated the ‘rules’ for a non-sponsor, so things have changed uP. I’m not really sure where it all stands now? I don’t want to violate any OG rules or cause any upset with anybody, but at the same time I gotta tell the other OG’ers, support this guy if you can!

I’ll try to keep dropping a few photos here along the way! (More regular posting at; First Time (growing legal that is)! ) I guess ‘nothing’ is for sure, until it’s been in the Grove Bags, (and one burned!) but I’m sure impressed with these genetics so far! If any of you got testers from Bobby, don’t hesitate to drop them! Think you will be quite happy that you did!

:call_me_hand:

12 Likes

Nice jpb @webeblzr ! Think you will be very happy with what you find. I’m gonna be watchin’ your Powie Pinks - that’s one I didn’t get, but it looks pretty spectacular on the website photos I’ve seen!

I asked Bobby about ‘pinching’ them and his reply was that he doesn’t find it necessary with these strains. I got that message about 2 days AFTER I had pinched out a few, so we’ll get some side-by-side comparison!

Best of luck to you and your ladies! Looking forward to watching them progress.

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Hey Tlander, I’m pretty sure we are fine posting up his work.
The powers that be, just wanted their taste, I, myself see nothing wrong with that.
I also saw bobby’s side also being a smaller sized player.
I enjoy testing myself. I had not fallen down the haze well, when I saw his offering for tester.
All the best to your run!!
webe

5 Likes

Running an Experiment with the Powie Pinks (Powie Wowie x Baja Blast). I noticed one of my dried bags smelled just like pink lemonade. The seeds for this plant came as dark small saucer seeds with tiger stripes and wide ridges around them. The other half are rounder, bigger, and tan/olive in color. I believe the little darks are taking after the Baja Blast and the fat brown ones after Powie.

I picked through, had two piles of each type, and dropped each into a jar of 20% peroxide / 80% hot tap water, after 24 hours I poured them out of the jars into ceramic plates on a heating pad. Here they are just out of the jar before a day in the hotplates
:

8 Likes

24 hours later:

Then that night I placed them in here.

8 Likes

Next morning of the 28th.

100% of the brown round seeds, but only 1/4 of the dark saucer seeds popped.
If history is a lesson the strain I am looking for that smells like rasberry lemonade, is in that harder-to-grow genome.

14 Likes

Your new strains look like winners. :grin:

3 Likes

Here they are one day later more pronounced results. Those brown fat seeds 20 sprouts to the right (less sexy than the saucer-shaped dark seed with tiger stripes) are 100% sprouted with just peroxide and hot water.

The dark seeds 20 cubes to the left will hit 50% if lucky.

10 Likes

Just a quick update, of the 4 Powie Pink 2.0’s and 1 Powie Pineapple.
Very nice wide leaf plant.

8 Likes

Looking Good!

1 Like

That broad leaf is a good look

1 Like

About every 2nd P. Wowie will have some of the larger leaves grow a backward extra leaf running toward the front.

Then that backward leaf grows some little bud wart thing see below.

7 Likes

@luxton - GDP cross testers

2 Likes

can’t wait to get some p. Wowie growing. Looks amazing

1 Like

Top two on the right are powie poison.

7 Likes