Pre-98 BUBBA and my search for youth

headband, love it!!!

anyone know where i can find an original cut? Oh and is the original cut from loompas?

2 Likes

Yes, the original is Loompas. It is at least 2x as strong as any crosses or S1’s… :raised_hands: …like you lose 25 IQ points when you smoke it and nothing else will get you high afterwards. It is around. Loompa sells cuts for 2bones plus shipping. You can find someone who got one from him and get it cheaper though.

6 Likes

I totally agree I’ve grown dozens of bubba kush s1 from a few different breeders and have never gotten the coffee chocolate dank smell , only ever found one with similar structure and it had a hay smell and taste, glad I got Matt’s cut back a year or so ago :grin:
Best bubba kush I ever grew was in flood and drain table using cutting edge solutions. I’m a organic soil grower now but some times i realy miss the difference hydroponics makes. If electricity was not so dam expensive I’d prefer to grow indoors but with plant limits and electric bills it becomes pointless.

5 Likes

I have to second that :slight_smile:
In my fridge are ~50 seeds of marks Bubba kush, think the coffee smell will be sommon within them? The plan is to start all of those seeds at once and make a rigorous selection. I need another space for that project… So much seeds so less space lol

4 Likes

You can find pre 98 bubba or ish phenos in old school sour bubble. Phenos that are even better than the 98 itself for sure.

1 Like

B.O.G. just seems to be the grandpappy of fire phenos for my generation

The best “Kush” on the market imo. The man did a really good job.

If you liked bubba… there are even better selections in some of bogs gear. I’m not sure how it is now a days. But I know for a fact, at one point, it was premium stuff.

I just recently bought a pack from the latest release. Bog jr made these as far as I know. I’d guess. Plus I’m sure Mrs. Bog and Bog jrs wife were involved like they’ve always been.

1 Like

I have his sour grape, I can’t decide if I wanna run it next or not. I have a few from the community that I know would be great but I really wanna dive into that pack

I’d always recommend trying his Sour Bubble. It’s his flagship strain. I’ve grown some of his Sour Bubble crosses and they’re excellent. But that pure SB is where it’s at.

SSK, SLS would be my two favorite outside of SB. Sour grapes gets some solid reviews as well. There’s plenty to choose from.

Bogglegum is excellent. Sour boggle. He has a lot of excellent stuff.

1 Like

If you like that coffee mocha bubba Kush type stuff. Yeah I believe you can still find that in SB.

1 Like

Stop enabling my bean addiction man!!:sob: I don’t have any Sour Bubble and I really shouldn’t buy more beans but damn it it’s hard…

5 Likes

Hey if I’m gonna suffer from bean hoarding I’m gonna bring you down with me :joy::man_dancing:!

4 Likes

Loompas hb…is not Loompas :laughing:…it’s not even hb…it’s an la kush…and notsodog gave loomoa the cut. The kush was changed to hb so it could sell because hb was popular at the time. The day wrecker/56 day hb is thought to be the original.

5 Likes

I heard that on Breeders Syndicate as well, very interesting

1 Like

Yeah, loompa’s headband is just an OG cut. Not the original headband.

2 Likes

I cannot say with absolute certainty as no gene tracing has been performed, but I am always open to other ideas, and I know there are newer theories, although I have not paid as much attention to those as the newer cats to the scene may have, so I am out of the loop a bit but yeah – although Loompa says he was gifted the cut and doesn’t know its provenance, the cut I got directly from him seems to be the same cut we hosted as the original headband at CCG back in 2003-5 and out of five separate phenos that I know of (818, 707, hippie, JJ’s, loompas) it is the strongest and only one that will literally make you dumber when you smoke it :sweat_smile: I do know it is considered by some to “only be an OG” (Loompas headband is also known as underdog OG) but all that discussion contains a lot of speculation and people are basing their postulations on assumptuons and newer stories (re: Josh D and Matt Berger) that only recently were posited as being the true stories of the origins of the strains. In my experience, I might consider it to be the only true Headband as none of the others mentioned have the extreme head-wrapping IQ dropping effects one definitely incurs from puffing on Loompas. To me the only buds I have had that were stronger were my old Herojuana and the chem 91.

6 Likes

He does illustrate and explain the stories himself, with much better precision and accuracy, on Discord so everything is out there for those who know where to look

3 Likes

Notso knows what it is…they know the person who changed the name and why they changed it…if your hb takes around 50 ish days it’s probably the cut the deem the original…tjo that’s still up…we know forsure loompas is not the original…still a very good cut…it’s a kush

2 Likes

I believe people are attempting to split hairs without having any actual proof or provenance data. Loompas takes a full 10 weeks and pretty much every Google result says it is a Headband. Many pages say it is the original Headband. Whatever it is it is one of the best available phenos that are readily available at this time. And then there is the fact that Notso himself specifies that he calls his cut LA Kush because it is a kush and not a headband; other people, like csi, renaming the LAKush strain as Headband is against the owners explicit definition. On top of that, all headbands are rumored to be sour d x og kush, and the ones that were sold in seed form were specifically ogxsour crosses, so using that observation they are all at least half kush genetically no matter what their ultimate morphological expression may appear to be. It is those documents that persist through time that comprise history and the documents I can find say that Loompas is a – and possibly is the original – Headband so whether there is an ambiguity of language or incorrect information an analysis of all assumptions about headband point to all headbands being half OGKush… which makes them kushes. I can accept Loompas as being a kush. Whatever it is it is one of the best available and that alone raises it above most others

6 Likes

Man now I gotta get my hands on some of that sour bubble just listened to bogs pot cast episode after seeing much love for his work on og seems like he was a great guy with awesome genetics for sure will have to give his gear some love and try it out sometime

3 Likes