Pre-98 BUBBA and my search for youth

Thanks. She’s been through absolute hell, really wish I would have cloned her. She got so stressed and still super sticky dense buds that really seem to have that coffee like scent.
I’m in then Glendale area. I actually have 2 spots. One is an off track sports Grill with a from scratch kitchen and the other is a bistro. Come bye, I’ll buy you a tasty meal

6 Likes

I own a restaurant as well

1 Like

What kind and where? @Hydro921

2 Likes

Bbq in Texas

7 Likes

I have a huge passion for BBQ. That’s what I always wanted to open up. It was just a hobby at home. I’m a 20 year serving/bartending vet but now I run to kitchens. I need a smoke at my damn restaurant though!

3 Likes

I give you respect for owning 2.
Ours takes all our time and of course we cant find help.
You can get a gas fired rotisserie smoker and make better bbq than a stick pit anyday. If you do it right

2 Likes

I actually am exec at one and sweat equity at the new spot. I was bartender when COVID hit, laid off, and for some reason my best friend and his partners bought a restaurant in the middle of COVID and the middle of the hot PHX summer lol. I came to help in the kitchen while COVID fizzled out (yeah right) and head chef quit after one week. They gave it to me and now we’re winning awards. (Small local awards) being that you’re from Texas are you a strictly brisket guy? How the hell are you dealing with food cost right now? I need to find the best smallest smoker, unfortunately

2 Likes

@AZsensi I have brisket, pulled pork, sausage, pork ribs, and beef ribs one day a week. We went 4 years with no price increases but the last 2 years we have gone up every 4 months. Its challenging but everyone is doing it.
A few restaurants here stopped making new menus and just put a sticker that say add 10% to everything

1 Like

@Hydro921 “Ours takes all our time and of course we cant find help.” Lol, what’s help right now?

2 Likes

Not to mention when I get some help the restaurant work ethic is fading in the young generation

4 Likes

Yeah the younglings dont want to leave the house lol
I have an ole hickory pit. Them and southern pride pits make small ones. You could probably find something used that would work fine

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll check them out. I feel guilty serving ribs and pulled pork braised in an alto sham no matter how much people like it. Arizonans don’t know BBQ. I like to think I do but being raised here, I don’t know shit. Lol

2 Likes

It might be a huge hit.
I lived in Peoria for a few months and good bbq is needed there lol

2 Likes

Kudos on the restaurant business!

@AZsensi
Was wondering if that was the Bubba you got from @Hydro921 that came from me? Just curious…:thinking::v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Glad to hear you are well and safe @AZsensi ! Thanks for the follow up. I have grown lots of nice phenos from Bubba Kush s1’s, and have found some killer fairly quick finishing high-yielders amongst the 12 weekers :sweat_smile: but I have not yet found any that are as gassy and delicious as the real Bubba :confused::v:

2 Likes

You can totally clone and regenerate a bud or two! :v:

6 Likes

That’s what I was told

3 Likes

Love that you’re getting the coffee notes from them!

2 Likes

A real connoisseur would definitely taste the difference. I respectively disagree, you can’t replace the taste from a true wood burning smoker.

Just my opinion, and certainly can be biased cause this unit has me spoiled.

18 Likes

Now that’s a smoker dam .

2 Likes