Preservation seed run with afghan genetics

I remember the first time I ever smoked hash, it was old school pressed dry sift that we bought on Haight street. I remember seeing shimmering reflections on the sidewalk at night, like a heat mirage reflecting traffic lights, streetlights, and my face.

One of my other friends was also seeing shimmering reflections of the moon, even though it was too foggy to see the moon or the stars.

At least I think it was hash hahaha
That was the black market days, but I don’t know what else it could have been

12 Likes

I can join if you need. They look and sound amazing. Ive never heard of this strain before, so Im gonna have to do some reading.

5 Likes

Sure, I think it would be great to get a few people working on this. That would be very much appreciated. Thanks @HappyTrees23s!

I’ll send you a message when the seeds are dry and stable for storage, probably about 3 weeks from now.

10 Likes

Definitely a strain that has been on my radar for awile , if you have any extra and want to trade for something I have or will have let me know , the maple leaf and garlic bud are both something I would love to see back in circulation.

10 Likes

Tried to grow some Afghan Kush from World of Seeds last year, not very viable compared to other strains I’ve grown last year and no idea how old they were in the pack. Was unimpressed. Just my 2 cents.

6 Likes

Mine are doing great.

7 Likes

@Donnie @HappyTrees23s
the maple leaf seeds are dry and should be ready for shipping or storage. I will send you a message when I can get these sent out, probably in a week or two.

maple leaf update and brief medicinal report-

10 Likes

Oh Nice !! Thank you brother ! :smiley:

2 Likes

I got a few Afghan Kush (Reg) beans from a grower out in Cali. If your interested send me a PM
:v: :smiley: :latin_cross: :heart:

1 Like

Awesome thanks for not forgetting us lol

2 Likes

Is it taboo to bump an old thread such as this? If so, i’ll respectively fuck off.

I was thinking about doing something like a “hashplant project” later this year, where I start doing reproductions of different hashplant varieties. Right now I’m just collecting beans. I need to do more digging on OG to see what’s already been done. I’ve been looking at CSI lately, there’s two supernatural selections that I am interested in doing (both are afghan x afghan), and Irrazinigs Kashmirs (pulwama, ganderbal, lolab valley, etc…. But mainly I want to avoid the afghans. I feel like there’s so many other hashplant cultures that don’t get the same sort of recognition. Might even mess around with the Indian charas varieties.

Lefty sort of inspired this idea for me, with him wanting to work the Lebanese for Indica traits instead of typical afghans.

21 Likes

Naw, you are cool!
No secret rules about that!

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Barefrog has done a couple,
G13 x CN (chemical nightmare)
Gheese F2 (G13 x UK cheese)

G-paS passed out some 88G13HP x Cali O this summer

I’m sure there’s more!

Cheers
G

13 Likes

I have some paki chitral kush from ace and some eastern Manipur Burma from Indian landrace exchange going atm to be followed by Kandahar from Afghan selections and then the lolab valley from Indian landrace exchange.
I’m all about hunting threw and preserving landrace and heirloom lines

11 Likes

There’s a definitely a lot to choose from! Anything around the Mediterranean like Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Sinai (Egypt) and Morocco. There’s lots of really interesting available from Iran. And India has tons of diversity.

10 Likes

Back in the day the Dutch bank Homegrown Fantaseeds had a really killer pure Afghani line. I think they called it just Afghani 1. Also might wanna check out Shantibaba too.

2 Likes

I’d love to know what there Afghan was, swerve from Cali connection used it to make his sfv og kush line and I used a male from that to a skunk to make my grape rebellion. All I’ve been able to find is that it’s a Afghan they worked for several years but I’d love to know if it was a mazar , Kandahar or something else.

8 Likes

Haha, that Gheese sounds awesome I was just thinking of crossing my og kush woth my Cheese to make an “O’Gheese” :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

I mean my friend @ExSitu is a landrace preservation guy. He has handed me a few to grow and pass to the public. He can also be contacted about what he has on his site.

10 Likes

I hope this is the right place to ask. Has anyone here ever grow out the Aafghan 90 from The Real Seed Co? The description of the strain sounds fantastic.

4 Likes