Pricey Beans

Dont get me wrong. Im not demonizing the man. I dont think what he is doing is wrong. I just see people pointing unknowing new growers to this guy for stuff without disclosure of what they are actually purchasing. And, I have a feeling the people pointing people to him have no ill will. They just do not know any better themselves. People found cheap beans that are producing descent results. I guess i care too much. In the end it is up to the end buyer to do their research. All im saying is to take any claims of legitimacy of genetics with a grain of salt.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a fair criticism, because ultimately it confuses the gene pool. Itā€™s hard enough to know what youā€™re getting as it isā€¦ and even breeders who do their best diligence to trace their genetics still make mistakes about it. Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s anything that can be done about it though. Half the seed companies donā€™t seem to give a rip, and thereā€™s a dozen more fancy looking webpages that sell bulk seeds and give no consideration to lineages now too. Dutch breeders did the same things back in the day as well. If thatā€™s not enough, the legal market compounds the problem by forcing strains to be registered with the state, so to bypass that, they just call whatever they want to grow by whatever name they feel like. And then thereā€™s the Chad broā€™s of the breeding world pumping out cookies without a goddamn clue what they even didā€¦ Itā€™s a fuckin mess when you look at the whole picture.

7 Likes

Thats a sad outlook, but its an unfortunate truth.

4 Likes

Wow, I guess that can make sense if heā€™s not out crossing in his mind. But hey, I think this will get more people to grow them out and post to compare and report. I know when I get around to them, Iā€™m going to ask Heritagefarms to compare them to the cuts.

2 Likes

I agree 100% and have tried to avoid calling him a breeder, I guess reproducer would be a better term. He avoids the ā€œstrain of the weekā€ type seeds, and basically sells the same DNA or HSO seeds that he has been reproducing for years, which I bet are the strains that he likes to smoke himself.

7 Likes

I think the idea of mark is cool . I think his seeds are cool . He really sounds like a nice guy.
I personally dont buy his gear because I like to know something about the strains im buying to grow. Just because you take two plant of the same family of a strain you like and let say want to recreate it . When you make seeds it doesnt make it that hybrid. Only those two parental stocks make that hybrid.
Once Mark starts selecting pheno to breed , make his seeds on his own he steers that hybrid away from or towards phenos unknown. Two breeders can take 2 pheno from the same pack of seeds and end up with very different plants when done. Its why we dont grow from landrace.
I consider Greenpoint seeds the bottom of the barrel thats about where I draw my line. Same reason I wont buy from I love growing MJ .

5 Likes

Type in ā€œSuper Fruitā€, youā€™ll see his name pop upā€¦also, Afghani #1. Good luckā€¦stay safe/be well.

3 Likes

Peace @misterbee. I did what U said and FINALLY found him. Not with Afghani #1 but Super Fruit. Thank U for the info, tho now I am questioning whether to try or not with all the good points ppl have brought up. I didnt mean to spark any arguements, but it seemed to work out respectfully so no harm. But it was good to hear varying opinions. Still far too much to go thru to get beans tho. I havenā€™t gotten a email yet still. I get that everyone said call but truly, I am not a phone person and dont even call family and friends. Seems too much to have to go theu to BUY from some1. I get it if it was free, like @Sebring offerings, U would expect to go thru something. This is not the same. I will await his email reply. I am not chasing him to take my money. But thank U All who chimed in to assist. Stay safe be well and grow hard :fist:t6:
Peace

4 Likes

Dang, you made everyone mad bro! :rofl:

Just kidding bud, you have always been extremely respectful. We all just need to agree to disagree sometimes.

It is always good for a newer grower to get several opinions. It really helps the decision making process.

Good luck either way you go.

5 Likes

Agreed. Some very good points made for both sides, but I stick with the theory of ā€˜dont knock it till ya try itā€™. Iā€™ll be sure to share my unbiased results of what I get from him.

Cheers everyone :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Nice vrry nice good start

1 Like

I was looking for Canadian seed banks and found one selling ā€œgmoā€ ever budding seeds for 100,000 dollars with dozens of ā€œreviewsā€ lolā€¦ Obviously a scam.

2 Likes

Seriously? Iā€™d love to see that if you have a link.

2 Likes

Have you checked for an email from a different address? He has two listed on his websiteā€¦

1 Like

Peace @monkeyman no. No new addresses are showing in spam, promotions, domain mail. No worries. I will see him when he gets to me (should he not, then still no worries. I need no reason to spend anymore lol. New baby OTW so I can save itā€‹:wink:) Thanks for Ur concern but U shouldnā€™t have to vouch anymore for him, nor does any1 else. His actions or lack thereof show what I need to see. Again, thanks all for the input. Stay safe and grow hard :fist:t6:
Peace

Edit: lol clearly I have smoked alreadyā€¦lol I meant and it is clearly @Seamonkey84 that said it.

2 Likes

What you cant keep two monkeys straight? :rofl:

Classic stoner moment, I was like ā€œwhat were we talking about?ā€

4 Likes

Life is like a box of chocolatesā€¦

yep, it doesnā€™t last as long for fat people
and you never know when you will find a nut

2 Likes

Get a load of their whole site, itā€™s full of this nonsense! Imagine having a grug brain, with a loadedbank account and clicking this!? Bcseeds I donā€™t even want to link to themā€¦

5 Likes

:joy: must be infused with some of that demon semen

5 Likes