Pricey Beans

I am sorry that you felt that way, it was not my intention, I had no preconceptions as to what you should or shouldn’t say, and I apologize for making you feel like I was backing you in to a corner, I had no such feelings or thoughts at all. I have only been friendly to you, also, and am sorry if you feel otherwise. I don’t have a dog in this fight at all. I sent you a pm here,

I just feel it is a bit odd that you were questioning his integrity regarding his genetics or business practices, yet you were unwilling or unable to offer an alternative to the reality that he is putting forward other than your hunches or speculation, so that is why I asked you to offer up a valid alternative to what you it is you felt he is doing.

3 Likes

Man, if I didn’t have test seeds lined up, I’d be filling my tent with his stuff next. I have several strains to try. I’m honestly as curious as others, but I also don’t have anything to compare the bud and smoke to, I’ve never actually had any of those strains to smoke.

3 Likes

You are spot on @monkeyman. A lot of insight there. If a person could just be a little picky and ask for pics

2 Likes

Here’s some pics of Mark’s I currently have running:

Blue Dream

Purple Kush

Blue Cookies

You can see updated pics as they happen on my grow log: Kingmambo’s COVID Potpourri

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

9 Likes

I Just remember reading @Fluffhead420 grew marks god bud and @Guitarzan seems to have had experience with Mark’s seeds. Though something seemed to have happened to that batch of seeds, got very poor germ rates which isn’t what I usually hear about his stuff.

I don’t know that, I’ll hit guitar up with some questions. (like I need seeds at this point :rofl:)

@Kingmambo I’m following along there since there weren’t any good options :wink:

All, I’m glad we can come back together at the end of the day. If I didn’t enjoy that, id have the news on right now.

@monkeyman they’re obviously better than bagseeds, and if a newbie kills 10 of them, that’s 10 bucks instead of 50 or 100. He definitely has a market and is a good, passionate dude.

2 Likes

Anybody ever heard of mark before strainly. Or even before people starting talking about him here. Seems if he has been selling and bredding cannabis for so long he would be much more known in the community. Or, you would here other prolific breeders mentioning his name. Ive never heard of a reputable breeder using someones IBL or cut to make a cross and not give them credit. Yet, not one other well known breeder mentions mark from strainly or calisbest420. Or, virtually no completed grow logs on any forums. Very suspect. I too as well could say i have been breeding amd cultivating cannabis for the last 20 years amd have all the elite cuts that i have worked to IBL with no proof. When should people start asking questions and start using their own ethics and morals in determining whether this is good practice. In my opinion, this is all a bunch of bullshit. Same shit that goes on with the community that everyone bitches about. Wheres the proof? Where the smoke man?

2 Likes

Valid points. He just sounds like he really old school and prefers to stay off social media, and prefers to talk on phone vs email. But your right, he doesn’t do himself any favors by not posting pics of his grows. Then again, how many people just say what they’re growing and not mention where the seeds come from unless asked.

2 Likes

I don’t think Mark would consider himself a breeder. I think he’s just a dude who’s been growing weed a long time, and has been reproducing the stuff he likes for a long time. That’s about it. LA Confidential? I’d be dollars to donuts he bought a pack of DNA LA Confidential years ago and has been growing it since.

It’s just obvious to me that he’s not some dude that is hyperanalytic about lineages and all that. Everything you can buy from him, you could buy from other popular breeders from 10+ years ago. All he’s doing is reproductions. I guaran-damn-tee you that if you asked him, he would tell exactly that.

8 Likes

No one that i have experience with. Most growers who document grows on forums make it a point to document the source of the seeds.

2 Likes

Kind of took that comment out of context. I was saying why do we never hear of him from other breeders. Im on every forum for several years now and this is the only forum i have ever heard his name. It seems a few penny pinchers found him on strainly and now think hes some messiah of cannabis.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why you would hear of some dude selling $1 seeds from his home grows? What am I missing… he’s literally just an average dude who can grow plants and make seeds. And you only hear about him now because strainly gave him a platform to sell.

6 Likes

Thats my point exactly. Diddo.

3 Likes

There’s other guys like this. They aren’t trying to “make it in the business” or anything. Mark isn’t trying to build a brand. He calls himself “Mark” on strainly lol.

There’s a dude in colorado that does the same thing, only he only sells in state, with cash, in person. He’ll tell you everything he does to make seeds. He didn’t make any crosses at all, and I don’t even consider his reproductions to be a very good process. Still, I’d consider buying one or two things from him, because he’s got some stuff that can’t be bought anymore.

In general, I think people on this forum care way too much about lineage compared to someone like Mark. Not everyone in the world is like us. Some people are happy to buy a pack of DNA genetics, make more seeds and call it what it was when they bought it… Some people are happy to buy those seeds for $1 and some aren’t. I don’t know how y’all managed to squeeze out like 500 more posts about it. :man_shrugging:

I grew “LA Confidential” from him a few years. It was good, I had no problems with it at all. It was definitely weed and it got me high at a good price. :joy:

7 Likes

So whats your thoughts on his elite cut IBLs like bubba kush? How do you IBL an elite cut? Wheres the lineage coming from. Im not saying hes a bad guy or hes selling bad seeds. Legit question. Im curious of your thoughts on that practice. When someone asked where to get bubba kush from i would not say mark on strainly. Like some here do. I would say good luck finding a legit cut.

2 Likes

I don’t think he has an elite cut or any BK cut at all. I think he bought bubba kush seeds from one of the dozen breeders that sell BK regular seeds.

3 Likes

What would be regular BK seeds though? Wouod that not have to be an outcross. I guess i get your point that people care a lot about lineage. Maybe too much if your just growing for your own pleasure. But, to me it matters. And i have never sold a seed or a bag in my life. Gave a lot a way though. I guess it also at the fault of the buyer as well. If you dont care enough to know whats a cut only you probably dont care about lineage. Just after good smoke.

3 Likes

Almost certainly https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/bubba-kush-2/ or one of the HSO releases. I think you could ask Mark if you really wanted to know. But all of his stuff seems to come from a certain vintage common to a few popular seed co’s from that era.

Not that I’m saying HSO is “legit” or anything, I’m just saying as far as someone like him is concerned, the package said bubba and so that’s what he believed and sells it as.

4 Likes

I get what your saying. And that was pretty much my point as well. I guess my point was that, his one dollar beans may not or most likely are not true representations of what is expected from those genetics from experienced cultivators. And it seems, that some members on here are being mislead and pointed to mark when asking for sources of such genetics.

4 Likes

Yea, I actually was thinking about this a few years back. The BK thing exactly, because I was under the impression there weren’t any “true” BK regular seeds, and he sent me some. But the breeders I think he reproduces are like DNA and HSO, who notoriously outcross California cuts and call things by the same name, even when they are actually outcrosses.

4 Likes