Pricey Beans

I just recently ordered from them. I think some one took their mother stock over. Im happy old school players are still around.

2 Likes

Yeah the Mr nice is a cross to skunk, I have Nirvanas master kush which is supposed to be
Skunk x Hindu.
It’s hard to say what the original master kush is exactly it where it came from , I know the clone is still floating around California especially down south.i was always told it was two Hindus crossed. Would be nice if it was easier to get these things like it was a few years ago

2 Likes

That’s crazy that the guy tossed the plants outside lol. I hope he got some good outdoor out of it at least 🤷

I’ve never lived in a place where it would be easy to access cuts like Cali, back in the day we had a few come through like trainwreck. Of all the ‘elites’ you’ve tried (and seeds) what has stood out as having it all as far as yield, potency, flavor etc? The OG?

I was so sick of kush for a few years there when literally everyone was growing and smoking it, but now that it’s been a while I miss it haha. A friend got packs of like 10 different kushes when it was in high demand and he liked Ken’s kush the best by far.

2 Likes

Its probably a pheno hunted cut that originated in the mountains. I definitely want to try a pure bred version now.

No I would not and definitely not worth the other shit that could possibly come with.
Find your own elites.

3 Likes

Its certainly possible since Hindu kush was one of thee first kush plants marketed.
Less than 20 years ago there weren’t much kush plants available.
Check and see in the old seed catalogs start with sensi seedbanks

1 Like

So out of all the og I’ve grown the 92 is by far the best producer it actually stacks and forms a rather stocky plant.
In regards to having all three potency yield and flavor there are quite a few that hit all those marks but there are way more that don’t. I was always taught a keeper is one that has them all not just one aspect of a good strain. So many people have kept strains that only have one or two of those and then bred them into other such plants creating a bottle neck of sub par genetics.
growth characteristics are more important to growers and breeders and often get overlooked in strain reviews.
I’m thinking about starting a YouTube channel for strains reviews that actually review there growth not just how good the smoke is.
Like how about a review of how led lights turn plants into Cal/mag whores :joy:
Just one example I have ice cream cake because it yields extremely well , forms rock hard buds with huge visual appeal, it however has a very soft barely noticeable flavor. It tastes like good weed but nothing distinct so I figure if I come across a amazing tasting plant that needs better structure it would make a good pairing, plus there are some people who just insist on having beans of the new lines so I’d be unwise not to incorporate a few into the program. Maybe as a joke let heirloom ibls go on the cheap and make elite crosses available for the price of one sports car and or 20acre parcel in mendacino lol
On the real though I’m going to be popping Pakistani chitral kush , DJs grape Krush , Eastern Manipur Burma , and mota rebels ghost ridge og not all at once and not sure in which order but expect to see breeding with those over the next year. If I can fit it in I also really want to grow out these zazen from Sami asap, the chances of finding a pure Kandahar are basically non existent the whole region was detroyed in the war. A Very similar thing is happening in Seria right now, alot of valuable breeding stock has been lost to the war on drugs and the war on each other.

7 Likes

Couldn’t reply to you last night my man, site locked me out from making too many posts hahaha. I agree with you Runtz is pretty overhyped its just a sweeter gelato, or something.

2 Likes

Yeah zkittles tastes great but lacks potency so I get what they were trying to do but it didn’t work in my opinion or needs to worked further.
Then again I only grew it outside and alot of these new strains are really taylored for indoor production.

1 Like

It’s tough for me. I am super interested in those legendary cuts of classic strains, but from a ‘smoking’ perspective and not a growing perspective. I don’t know why, but clone growing has never excited me. I’ve never taken or grown a cannabis cutting before and would probably turn down a legendary cutting even if offered one; I love seeds too much. But I am also dying to try that stuff. I wish I could go down to the local club and get an eighth of 92og or NL#5 or the Original Haze.

Is there a market for that stuff? I must be missing something here. If these strains are so good, and their constant use in modern breeding is actually merited, then shouldn’t the dispensaries be filled with this stuff? I feel like there is a disconnect between what people perceive is “good” and “legendary” and what is available in the clubs…

7 Likes

Turn around takes to long you can get two crops of a great hybrid as you could a haze no to mention the yield on some hazes are very fluffy
style popcorn buds. Allot has to do with the bottom dollar.

4 Likes

I totally forgot (or didn’t think about?) how much bag appeal and yield must have driven cannabis breeding over the years. I can see breeding for taste and smell, but yield and bag appeal make me sad.

Edit: I’m an idiot for not seeing the appeal of breeding for yield and bag appeal, from a growers perspective. On the flipside, though, I do think that same practice has also destroyed our food/produce and it’s quality–the focus on size and appearance instead of taste and nutrition.

4 Likes

Not all growers breed or smoke. For some this is just a job.

5 Likes

Bag appeal is pretty no doubt but not the deciding factor for me.

3 Likes

Also factor in that the grower for your local shop is trying to maximize $$ and 9wks is about as long as they’re going to run something. A lot of keepers(legendary clone onlys) aren’t done in that time frame and the ones that are don’t have the “name appeal” to move product.

Consumers are predictable, want the new I-phone? Then you’ll want new polyhybrid xyz… this is the business of cannabis, I reckon.

5 Likes

Its like women they can be all that andca bag of chips but disappointing when you open the bag and they’re stail.

Some of them beauty’s don’t know how to fuck let alone tie their shoes.

7 Likes

Well for me personally I keep it all and smoke it lol but in regards to why you don’t see more at the clubs only a limited amount of people have the cut , there is tons of og on the shelves in Los Angelas stores, I know it’s in Colorado being grown commercially but Im not sure by who.
Other things like haze as before mentioned take a very long time to grow and most people won’t sacrifice the indoor space as it will never sell for enough to compare to two cycles of some new 8 week hybrid strain. Very limited area where super long sativas will finish outside correctly with out a climate controlled green house and then cost again becomes a factor.
Most all commercial growers I’ve known want good enough to sell and a huge producer, I could offer them cuts of the dankest thing ever and if it’s dosent yield good they could care less.

7 Likes

@anon5325009 posted this about the history of OG Kush over on my history of strains thread, I found it interesting m. Though it doesn’t explain the lineage, just how it became famous.
https://youtu.be/-4Sm6krDN4M

2 Likes

People lean toward the new new.
I’ve been out of the game for a few years now but when I was done this was the new name of the game.
If its got a neat name its gold.
Even if it’s not strong with a neat name and sex appeal its a fin winner and that’s what the market is demanding.
So then that weak as shit gets raped orgified and pisses in the gene pool.
And wofuckinla.

5 Likes

They don’t have to be pricy to be good.
This is a regular Bubba Kush
A ONE DOLLAR seed from Mark on Strainly.
Hope she is as good as she looks and smells.
Day 40 or so …we shall soon find out.

This is a $2 fem Durban Poison from Oaseeds (their bulks)
She is going dark now.

27 Likes