Problem making colloidal silver

240 ppm is the way to go plant won’t like it but she will grow pollen sack,and anywayz you’re going to bin the plant after getting the pollen

But I have noticed some strains won’t produce pollen sacks even if you do spray them with CS spray
Autos and photo strains

1 Like

I ran a batch that was clear. Only cooked it for about 3-4 hrs. After using it for a couple weeks it did nothing. I cooked another batch. Left it hooked up for about 16 hrs. It came out amber colored, just like yours. I sprayed for a couple weeks and Viola! Pollen sacks.
I think the stronger the solution the darker the color. You have it! Just spray your plant until drippy at least once a day, twice if possible. In about 2 weeks or a little more you will see tiny yellow tips coming from you flowers. Those will be 'nanners. Then you know success. This is how I did mine.

I like this guide and am wondering a couple things about it if anyone knows:

1. It suggests a resistor with 5% or 10% tolerance and I am curious if that is a minimum or a recommendation as in a lower tolerance like 1% might not actually be appropriate for this application?

2. This guide says to make it for approx 20min and that gives 10ppm. Sounds like from others who posted here that 10ppm may not be enough?
    I like the idea of this specific guide cause it sounds like it gives very small silver particles which gets absorbed better according to @Mr.Sparkle and this recipe seems to lend itself to a clear end product, which also sounds like it might be more desirable. What I am wondering is if you can take this end product and then boil/evaporate the water to them increase the ppm and still be a clear/pure product? Would the temperature/boiling effect it negatively?

3. Also, anyone have any idea about using copper wire for the cathode and also not dipped to far into the water as I believe another thread linked here might have mentioned?

Those are standard tolerance values is all, going with a lower tolerance is just not advantageous for the price increase… to my knowledge anyways. These tolerances are used in tons of projects, while I don’t see 1% often or even less often do I see something other than those three.

Electrically this is straightforward electrolysis, nothing fancy.

1 Like

what do you think about adding electrolytes, specifically washing soda, to distilled or RO water as mentioned in one of those threads?

How about reducing agents like cinnulin?

1 Like

My experience is in electronics, not chemistry, so take my advice as you will… Distilled or RO that hasn’t been remineralized would be your cleanest bet yes, and you would need an electrolyte. To my knowledge you want a positively ionizing electrolyte, table salt comes to mind. That’s where I’m unsure how your copper cathode would fair, it makes sense it should be ok, but I don’t know. If it were me I’d keep the number of materials in the solution to a minimum to reduce possibility of contamination.

As to a reducing agent… no help for you there, sorry. The process of electrolysis should create the colloid though, so I am not sure what the benefit would be. But admittedly all the information I could gather on it is largely holistic medicine nonsense.

1 Like

I think sodium carbonate was recommended for the electrolyte as table salt was leading to some issues (as far as people ingesting it, not sure about plants).

I believe the reducing agent helps in making/keeping the particle sizes of the silver smaller by encapsulating them so they don’t combine with each other is my understanding. So that in combination with evaporating the water further I believe can increase the ppm in possibly a cleaner fashion? (Vs just cooking it for longer where you might run into issues as the conductivity of the water increases and so does the particle sizes?) def not sure lol

1 Like

Probably chlorination

I just made the CS generator. I really liked the simplicity of it and the fact I didn’t have to sodder anything was an added bonus

I use a laser pointer to see the concenrtaion of sliver particals but I also run it a lot longer than 20mins .

I think I ran it (for a test) about 4 hours or something like that and alomst had a solid laser beam right through the mason jar.

Did the liquid turn brown?

I made some. My first try came out a very light yellow. Sprayed every day for a couple weeks. Got no results. Made another batch. Left it cooking longer. It looked just like yours. Dark amber color. 2 weeks later I had banners on the plant. This is a pic of what I used. Basically a mason jar with 2 lids one I drilled 2 quarter inch holes 1 inch apart. The other leave alone. It will be used to store your CS. Then I used 2 piece of .999 silver wire and 2 rubber stoppers and an old celphone charger. Stripped wire back and attached 2 alligator clips. No solder. Just 2 pieces of shrink tubing. The whole thing only cost a couple bucks to make except for silver wire. But it lasts a long time. .

4 Likes

Wow… huh. I never thought to use rubber stoppers in a jar like that- perfect! Beautiful solution, really.

Thanks! And those cost about 10 cents each. Another 25 cents for the clips. We all probably have several phone chargers that go with old phones. And really any jar will do. Heck an used up mayo jar. So. For the cost of 2 silver wire and less than a dollar in ither stuff you will have a kit that will probably last longer than you.

That’s what I was planning on doing, but two holes in a single stopper in a test tube :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah it did the next day. A goldy yellowy type colour.
I think @Mr.Sparkle hos posted a pciture of ho wit looks the next day when its ready to use.

Thats the same colour mine was

I’ve been searching for info on buying some CS from Amazon without much luck.
After seeing this, I think I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for posting!!!

1 Like

You won’t regret it. It’s a cool little project. The only bad thing is you have to spray it daily for about 2 weeks. I quit spraying once I see nanners forming. And,altho I did not actually see clouds of pollen there was unuff to get a couple hundred seeds. And the She-male plant kept producing nanners until the day I cut it down. I will do it again. That CS setup works. Just need a little patience is all.

2 Likes

I even splurged and bought the wire.
How long do you let it cook?..I’m in no great rush since my plants aren’t quite there yet.
And you use distilled water, correct?

2 Likes

This is what I use never had a problem I’ve found lower doses are a hit or miss 240ppm works a treat spray plant for 14 days
You can buy it on Amazon or eBay

2 Likes

I made my own…super easy and very effective.

1 Like