Problem with plants size? Trellising, how?

I thought big plants make big yields (many bud sites?). But I was reading that if plants stretch it is not good yieldwise because of light usage. Also plants waste too much energy on growing of leaves and stems.

My plants are stretching a lot. I think they also to dense.

My acute problem now is that the plants can’t support themselves. How can I solve that?

I saw a trellis on some pictures. How can I use a trellis over my ebb and flood tables? Do I have to attach it to the walls? Or are there trellis which are more like a cage???

If I attach a trellis on the walls, how can I walk in the room???

3 Likes

Bend them over and scrog them. I’m using this idea to build a “table” and once in place, movement will be difficult. I am going to slide a larger pvc pipe over the legs and drill holes at 1" intervals and use pegs, so I can adjust the height.

4 Likes

I just went through this with my really lanky plants this round, I got alot of great ideas in the thread i put up here:

Are they flowering yet?

1 Like

yes. flowering already. thank you very much for you thread. Seems like I will go with grow yoyos now and trellis later.

1 Like

Cool, I hope it works well for ya!

For a small garden like a 5x5 tent, I’d stick with stakes and the super crop method. It’s much easier to defoliate and water, since the space is small. Also super cropping keeps the plant canopy short and 4 plants in 10gal cloth pots can easily fill a 5x5. I like 10gal pots because stakes can go straight up and not tangle with stakes from other pots. If you’re organic, try adding 25% large chunky perlite to your mix. This will boost yield by 10-20%. Shit is a miracle. You get coco-like chemtech results

2 Likes