Vertical growing

I’m reading a book now called “Marijuana Botany” by Robert Connell Clark " that talks about trellising cannabis like grape vines! Anybody try something like that here?

2 Likes

Sometimes called vertical growing. Not tried it myself, but there’s a whole forum on it at Rollitup.org.

-b420

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle

Sure, Screen of Green is a horizontal trellis. Grapes are built on a vertical trellis but this is done to keep the cordon arm refreshed with new wood with yearly pruning. Cannabis from a training/ pruning strategy is closer to apples. I think its better to plant, then use internal support cages due to codominant trunks that develop with outdoor lighting then prune to expose bud sites.

3 Likes

I have done a few trellises. This is the latest one. Just a scrog. Wish I could do this oureside but the teens in my area would rip it down a month before it finishes.

7 Likes

What a beast! Good job.

2 Likes

DAMN! Good looking plant. To bad about outdoor problem, seems to be that way anywhere. Fn punks.

I just got here, I have a vertical grow thread.

Here’s a pic of a Jillybean, she yielded just over 2lb of dry finished buds;

4 Likes

how many watts of light would you say were used? i guess it’s hard to calculate because they’re receiving light from multiple sources, but damn you get nice yields!

1 Like

This plant got 900W of COB LED light. 1gpw won’t set the world on fire, but I don’t know too many people growing 2 pound plants indoors, let alone with high gpw. The footprint of the plant itself was under 6ft², with aisles 18ft². That’s the real innovation; no one running flatlander grows comes hear those numbers.

2 Likes