Proposal: OG Welcome Pack - Brainstorm with me

I suspect many (most?) mystery seeds are such because of surprise herms. True? Could we mitigate that? Perhaps require a grow log?

I mean mystery seeds as in legit seeds that would normally be given away here but mixed up. No specific strains. You may get purple kush, you may get cackleberry who knows

1 Like

I sincerely appreciate your effort on this but Iā€™m sorry I disagree with your idea. If we are looking for funds for the server, we would have to discount from those 20 bucks all the logistics: breeder to distributor, perhaps distributor to other continent distributor and finally distributor to new member. What would remain for the server?

Right now just for our actual number of members, it means a lot of effort and time consuming for everyone that actively participates in breeding and distribution. I can appreciate that because I know them and perhaps itā€™s not so hard for them to dedicate that free time in their lives for helping and making happy people they already know. That would be different if you have a whole bunch of newcomers multiplying your time and efforts to accomplish that for people that perhaps you will never see again.

We are not a store so we donā€™t need sales or marketing. Iā€™m pretty sure that those who stay longer with us and actively participate are attired by the friendly ambience, help support and generosity from many members while sharing their knowledge and seeds.

Letā€™s stick with what weā€™ve got now, we can organise more seed runs but with restrictions as stated in other thread, no need for attiring free seeds hunters.

One of the things I like from this forum is the lack of banners and publicity, I believe thatā€™s the spirit and we can take care of ourselves without having to create marketing campaigns ā€¦ :sunglasses:

10 Likes

We would need to specify that in whatever donation thread we have established.
My first inclination is this say I wouldnā€™t want unknown seeds. But the reality is, I found two random seeds on my bed after prepping a send and I dropped them right into water without a second thought. Kind of glad neither one germinated though.

No effort yet. Just gathering ideas.

1 Like

I think this is the perfect solution or how about grow some of these out with a journal and then you can get it

1 Like

Youā€™ve already got 16 posts in this thread so at least typing you have consumed several calories ā€¦

1 Like

Honestly, we donā€™t even need a welcome pack. Anyone who interacts and stays around longer than a minute will end up with more seeds than they need from the members here without even asking. Let the members take care of newbs, Believe me, we will. We are a generous lot of stoners here. Donā€™t need more work for the collective distributors, breeders etcā€¦

14 Likes

I am planning a future CBD run for my own purposes. When itā€™s done, I would either have what I need or have evidence that CBD doesnā€™t do what I need or that someone else can do it better. In any event, there will be abundant seeds that I will need to dispose of to non-discriminating folk.

1 Like

Meant to addā€¦ if LemonadeJoe wants to reward newbs with free seedsā€¦ let him do it, itā€™s his site. Just my 2 centsā€¦ I think the folks doing the pres runs have enough on their plate already with their generosity and time. The members can pass on their own seeds to Newbs if they want to at their own expense, time and discretion. The pres runs should be enough generosity to be contagious.

9 Likes

In a week, if this still has legs, I will poll re merit. Until then useful ideas are more valuable than reasons not to do it.
It is my hope that noone who doesnā€™t want to participate will be required to do so but I understand that the distribution network may be involuntarily taxed and that may, ultimately, be a reason to pass on the idea.

3 Likes

Gotcha! Well, since I donā€™t have any useful ideas towards the project. I will bow outā€¦ (couldnā€™t find a curtsy emoji lol)

3 Likes

Perhaps you can just handle the accountingā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pray:

LMAO!!! Quite the diplomat in Alloraā€¦lol!!!

4 Likes

Then this is the perfect forum to distribute your seeds as you please, you wouldnā€™t be the first one and fortunately not the last one. You can state the rules and make it for non-discriminating folks, in less than an hour after posted you would have a bunch of noobs asking for them. Or perhaps you can donate them for a Seed run but abide with the rules already stated by the community.

Thereā€™s a lot of good will, generosity and voluntarism in this forum, the problem is how to find a way to use it in the benefit of our community and not spelling it in vain ā€¦ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sorry, hit my charity quota for the year :wink: Preservation fund already nabbed me and I have other personal causes as well.

9 Likes

LMAO!!! This place cracks me up at timesā€¦

5 Likes

Procuring seeds and doing a seed run is effort. This is just socializing.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t Meeshā€™s position directly on point, contributing to the common perspective about whether or not this option has legs?

Thank you, and George1961, for sharing when your opinion is not the most widely stated one in this thread.

7 Likes

Maybe a selection of beans from the various preservation runsā€¦ idk I kinda think maybe some interaction/contribution threshold would be required, otherwise OG could just end up with lots of zombie accounts.

8 Likes