Prospect St Co-Op- Flood and Drain,Solstix X3, First Grow

and i’m just now seeing this? lol

amazing setup and grow my man!!

keep them updates coming :popcorn:

Thanks buddy! I’m having a blast with this! Learning so much from everyone and blown away every time I open the hatch. Here’s a few pics from today. Day 8 of flower and so tempted to prune some fan leaves. My mentor says no, we should wait to avoid stress at this stage. Will probably wait another week or two to be safe. Lettin em rock!

8 Likes

i always prune right before i flip, then again 2 weeks in… usually (except in cases of leaf issues) i dont prune again til a couple weeks before finish so they can get more light to the lowers

but good thinking on early stress, no need if you dont have to

1 Like

Much appreciated!
Here’s a pano of the space. Doesn’t do it any justice, but was wondering what it would look like in a post

4 Likes

looks like an easy pound to me :wink:

Don’t get me hopes up! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
The Co-op members might get a return on their investment on the first run? That would be epic
I love these Solstix- this is going to be a great testbed for their penetration :sunglasses: I wouldn’t have found them if not for OG. I’ve been trying to spread the word on them in other forums as well.

3 Likes

Roots are popping through the bottom of the fabric pots! These girls are thirsty!

3 Likes

Super dope set up man. What I would do for that kinda space. I’ll have to go back and read this one from the start .

Nice looking plants, keep up the good work. And I agree with above statement . I’ll prune all the way through veg. Then lollipop 2 to 3 weeks into flower depending on stretch . Once I’m up to the 2 week harvest zone I’ll defoliate some fan leaves blocking bud sites.

Thanks for the advice! I’m watching your grow too and I can only hope for the same success.
Trying to figure out where I go after this run. What’s the next logical step to learn? Start from seed, cloning, etc…I wanna keep the learning going but I can only process so much at once. For now I’ll concentrate on the flowering stage and look at what to expect at harvest/trim time. Always good to look ahead a little bit.

1 Like

loved reading through this your setup is sick bro.

is your flood table fed by an external rez? id really like to do something like this

Thanks! Yes, the flood table is 3’x4’x6" and the bottom of it sits at the same level as the top of my rez. This way, when the pump stops, it all drains back to the rez. I have a 1/2" feed from the pump and a 3/4" drain. I sized the drain bigger than the feed so it could drain faster than the pump can pump to avoid any overflow possibilities. The rez is a 27 gallon tote from Home Depot and it’s usually holding about 24-25 gallons topped-off. I have a valved drain going to a floor drain in the same room, which just happened to be there. The floor drain was there when I bought the house and makes change-outs a breeze. I’m very lucky to have it. The RO system is on the adjacent wall and I just uncoil the hose to fill or top-off when needed. So far it’s been super easy to do all my chores and I’m not tripping over myself to do what needs to be done. Here’s a few pics to illustrate.

3 Likes

Get a feel for super cropping, cloning/monster cropping, and scrog. Once you have your nutes dialed in, your environment optimal, and your training down . Every grow is a success

2 Likes

Did some fairly significant pruning last night to open things up a little. There were a LOT of leaves that were blocking light to some of the lower canopy. Also a bit of growth under the skirt that would never see the light of day. I’m still learning so hopefully everything will be OK. They seemed to be happy this morning! We’ll see…

Before:

After:

Should have taken a pic of the leaf pile. I’m afraid to go too far after watching @Sativaindica 's post
Great video about pruning?

5 Likes

IMO there are not just leaves, but a lot of bud sites that will not develop. (looks a lot like my last grow :slight_smile:)

In one week they will be full again :wink:

I saw the video too, good info there, but need to remember to diferentiate indoor and outdoor grows, the light penetration ia not the same. And mould risk can be high depending on your umidity.

3 Likes

Do you mean if I didn’t prune or because I pruned?

Too crowded, many low tips that will never fully develop, no matter how hard you defoliate.
So lots of lost energy that could be better directed imho.
It is not a disaster or anything close to it, you will get nice buds, the plants are beautifull. When you harvest you will see these underdeveloped buds, sometimes I leave them on the plant for further maturing, but the stress from harvest is high and I feel like they never reach full potential.
Just keep an eye to mold, a oscilating fan is realy important and good overall air circulation.

2 Likes

They’ll be just fine. Usually for new growers yeah it’s best to get your nutrients dialed in first. That way if something does go south you have more leaves to lose while you fix the problem . I lollipop/prune every single grow and if you do it correctly it will increase yield . When getting rid of the lower leaves and branches your making her focus more on the top so she can put most of her energy into those main colas

But yeah definitely make sure theres plenty of air flow. I’ve had flower humidity as high as 70 during the day sometimes 80 at night but never had mold due to good air circulation

You did not over prune. I agree with the others - you could have pruned a lot more too and been even better.

Im also advising some more circulation under the canopy. Not toooo much or you can start to dry out the leaves, but you have a ways to go before you have it too open.

Over all, looking good though!!

1 Like

Thanks for all the info guys! Much appreciated! Will probably stay on top of the pruning before they get out of hand on the next run. Humidity is getting low ‘round here, but I still have a lot of air movement above and below.

2 Likes