PROTOCOL 0 "clean your plants"

in that vein… lol. You know, I love bugbee he’s awesome. Growing champ, my hero! Also… copypastamastah! For reasons unknown to me, he says powdery mildew will infest at high humidity. Now, I think he meant botrytis, which is true. Yet, I could be the only person on the surface of the planet who’s verified the truth, somehow? Yo, that ain’t true. Mildew is a replicating pathogen that’s biotrophic obligate parasite man. I specifically tested if humidity had any effect and it does not. So… who the fuck am I to say what the phd said… is actually wrong? Someone… who… verified… reality, that’s who.

1 Like

It’s in his “Maximizing Cannabis Yields with Dr Bruce Bugbee” on youtube at 12:39. There are two outcomes from hearing it. Either he doesn’t know shit about powdery mildew, or he meant to say botrytis. Who else on this planet was watching this video and was startled when he said that? I’d bet 99.9 percent of humans never even noticed because it matches with all the disinformation online.

1 Like

If anyone thinks I’m just sitting there watching some phd speak and lapping it up like kool aide. That ain’t right. If the “facts” aren’t verified, the truth is so far away. Without the truth, I have nothing.

2 Likes

lol! The icing on the cake will be someone reading this and saying to themselves… man what an arrogant prick know it all wannabe. Ok well, that could be true? But it also doesn’t make bugbee any less wrong hah hah!

3 Likes

Nice thread! Thank you for sharing your protocol, the last thing I want is to spray my plants with chemicals. I know what to try first if I ever get any pest🤙

2 Likes

The best part is the bugs can’t develop a resistance to it!

3 Likes

I used my youtube account to post a comment about verifying the powdery mildew claim. Bugbee has been served.

2 Likes

Don’t tell me you invented a device that reads badgers minds?!? :joy:

Haters are always gonna hate man. Let them hate and smoke their brains silly with toxic substances.

1 Like

yah man, I feel completely frustrated by the lack of actual knowledge. It’s like shouting the truth into a black hole sometimes. I only need to back-port my studies into the minds of doctoral candidates in the universities. ARGH. Now how the fuck does some turd like me know more than people trying to teach this shit? YARRRR!!!GGGG!!! Now I know why things have gone so wrong.

2 Likes

Stop with the personal attacks. Removed some of the recent inflammatory comments. Thank you.

3 Likes

sorry, my bad.

1 Like

ok! In an effort to make the presentation of this information less poisonous… here we go!

enter the test subject. I call her Petunia. I couldn’t get a good cannabis mildew colony to study, so I picked a victim that looked similar. Entire morphology thing right no condi. Now this plant comes from the store with a colony on it. The plant is in greenhouse with lots of other plants, even plants that are the same species. Not all of them are infested, but they are all petunias.

1 Like

right so the plant looked like this:

You can see white powder and crap, and under microscopic view, it definitely is!
mmm yum if that’s not mildew I don’t know what is! heh heh You can see why I compared this mildew species to the cannabis one, they look the same. They are most likely not the same species :wink:

2 Likes

So what do I do? Do I assume the mildew is everywhere? Definitely not. I use one single application of 15ml sulfur mixed in water and spray the plant all over. The mildew is dead.

here it is after, I couldn’t find any. You can’t like prove a negative man, it could be hiding in the soil/floor/roof. Except I can let the plant grow, until the frost gets it. The mildew will never be seen again.

2 Likes

Here’s the key to understanding mildew. It’s an obligate biotrophic ascomycete.
It needs it’s host to live, it lives off a host without killing it, and the spores are formed in asci which is fancy for those balls you see above with the measurements of 32 microns. You could also call it “spore spitter” that’s the fun part of it’s anatomy. heh heh!

2 Likes

So the mildew colony was on a single petunia plant. Except there are other plants in the same greenhouse. The other petunias are about 20 feet away from the infested one. I know that distance from the source is important so I don’t bother spraying those plants. They are not under threat from the mildew.

1 Like

ok! So we get to the cleansing ritual for a greenhouse infested with powdery mildew. The pathogen is easy to snuff out, I spray every host plant with sulfur. The spray is what I use because I can avoid getting it on everything. Like the vegetables. I spray the petunia and everything else is sulfur free unless I spray them as well.
The key to eliminating it at this stage is to know the mildew can only be hosted on a certain number of plants, and also can’t spread infinite distance. With a perimeter around your plants that could get mildew and all the plants inside the perimeter crusted with sulfur it’s toast.

1 Like

What kind a measurement scope do you have, is that a Keyence or something?

amscope MU1003B I did the whole calibration thing if I remember to tell the program which objective I am using… I can usually get a good measurement. I had calibrated it wrong at first and was off by a factor of 10 :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks. Looks pretty decent particularly with the measurement capabilities. And, not terribly expensive.

C-mount with what appears to be eyepiece adapters. What is the microscope in this case? Or did you have a thread on this? Can’t remember.

2 Likes