Psychedelic Strains

While I agree taking breaks is important to ensure your highs stay constant, but…
I will say that about 25 years ago I used to smoke the same strain 3 times a day. 2 blunts to my face and I tripped on it every single time I smoked it. For at least a full year, give or take a day.
I would see blue pink and yellow transparent circles floating around. They would morph into pictures and images. After a while I learned how to control them. It was like tv snow but made of those 3 colors. They were see thru so I could also see the objexts behind them and could play and morph any object. The snow would sort of take form of whatever it was I looked at and then I could move them at will. So if I saw a picture of a man frowning, I could make the snow take shape of the face and turn his frown upside down.

Anyway lots I could explain and It got muxh crazier than that. But I dont want to write a book.

Anyway. If anyone knows what im talking about, or if you know of, or have a strain that would be trippy like this. Please…, I beg you, let me know. :laughing: I spent a full year exploring that strain everyday, and then spent the last 25 years searching for it.
Be Safe and Stay Loved
:v: :smiley: :latin_cross: :heart:

8 Likes

That’s an old picture for a trade from 10+ years ago…

2 Likes

Question — “Wrap the bud loosely in a plastic bag” - Do you mean to just not suck the air from the bag?
Use a regular plastic grocery bag. Get whole corn with husks from the grocery store. remove the husks, and stuff semi dry buds inside. Roll them up, tie the ends. Then place that in a plastic grocery shopping bag. Preferrably in a warm, dark area. The top of the tent may work, yet it needs to be dark, so place that plastic bag in a shoe box on top of your tent. Check every 8 hours for mold for 2 days. THEN, proceed to the next step as mentioned earlier.

4 Likes

Br Hz x Br Hz ??? … Bx uhnnn … Newbee on this flow >>> Looking for that kind of stuff …

Tks

3 Likes

Just dried shroom chips rolled in a joint with some weed. I do not know the type of shrooms though. It was in Oaxaca. The Indios there did a lot of shrooms. I saw colors I had never seen before, and my vision was super sharpened. It was like a fog lifted around me.

12 Likes

We used to smoke them like that all the time, had a friend freak out once about how bright all the colors were lol

5 Likes

Thanks!! :grin:

Now I just need to wait for another month & a half or so to try it.
I’ll post a thread when I do.

3 Likes

wow, consistent hallus for a Year, didnt know that can happen.

2 Likes

santero postet instructions for the cob on opengrow forum some time ago, pretty easy to make.

2 Likes

There is a very, very extensive thread dedicated to making cobs on icmag.

6 Likes

In excessive amounts, it certainly is expansive of visuals within your imagination. Meditative states are easier to achieve, but most everything I consume is Sativa leaning

4 Likes

Great thread to resurrect! The reunions Islands Zamal landrace is known for trippy effects. Southeast Asian varieties are also known for their trippy effects, namely in Vietnam /Cambodia. Sumatra has a trip weed variety… A friend on Instagram says he has found a trippy effect in Peruvian pot from the dry side of the Andes. Some West African varieties are known for trippy effects. Typically the closer you are to the Equator, the better chance you have of finding those psychedelic varieties. Ace seeds does have some land races, but I personally believe that when plants are bred towards tighter flower structures the chance of finding the Psychedelic High you are looking for decreases. The best shot at finding psychedelic highs from Ace seeds would be Zamaldelica, which is known to be excellent smoke. Pure Zamal flowers 6 months!

12 Likes

Good advice to check out those threads. That trippy or psychedelic effect may come more from the fermentation process used in the tropics then from the varieties themselves.

8 Likes

What was this magical strain you were smoking?

I will be running Columbian black soon and I am running oaxacan right now. The Columbian black I have from Snowhigh( thanks @Guitarzan) is supposed to be extremely speedy. I also have some of Gage greens Columbian black bastards if you would like to try it. It was an open pollination between Colombian black and all of his male studs. The seeds were quite expensive. I thought I was buying a pure Colombian black when I got them. If someone wants to grow them they are up for adoption. @cannacrab

15 Likes

That Columbian black sound interesting. Well actually all of thise strains sound amazing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Thr strain I smoked was actually NY Piff. Incense floral and expensive soap taste smell. Sometimes it was called purple haze, but it had many names. Doc D and Bodhi had created what later would become my favorite strain of all time.
To this day. 25 years later, I am still looking for it. Hoping one day somebody will pass me a bag, I stick my nose in, and get a big whiff of that piffy, church, musk smell.
I was able to see those dots of color if I concentrated. Worked for several years after that encounter woth the Piff. Like years after I smoked it I could stare at a wall, concentrate, and the tv static woild come back. I could trip on my own without anything in my system. Thats is the reason I need it. After a few years it faded away.
I have some beans that supposedly will give me that Piff taste. A cross made from the original. Ill have to see in the future. Also found somone selling a cut for, oohhh $1500
Honestly if I had it, I would buy it.

10 Likes

weed is also a Hallucinogen after 3 Puffs , atleast for me, and some other People.

6 Likes

Only one strain has ever made me trip out. I am always on the hunt for it :laughing: when I find it im never gonna run out again.

All the strains Ive smoked since then have been more body high. Make me incredibly lazy and hungry. Its okay, but not the high I enjoy. Only a few have givin me a nice head buzz and energy, but like I said only one has ever made me see visuals.

I think the longer flowering times and space it takes for Sativas is why I can never find any on the streets. Just a guess. But I know a dealer would rather spend 8-9weeks in flower, then 13-16 or longer.

4 Likes

There is a sweet spot that you reach where the cultivar already has trippy effects and the fermentation is basically slow motion decarboxylation, that adds to it as well. I have made cobs with bland cultivars and the fermentation only smoothed the smoke out. Definitely, start with good herb.

7 Likes

Yes it was about 1990 since I seen real stuff like that.
Sure miss the Deadheads bringing the real deal around .
Maui wowie or Oaxacan work good.

8 Likes

@GMan idk… I see so many people complain about tolerance when I truly believe it’s majority strain related and less tolerance related. Not all of us can go on a tbreak. The times I have, the first couple times you get extra stoned and then quickly return to your previous tolerance or close to it.

My UBC Chemo pheno of Remo Chemo (UBC Chemo x P98 Bubba) I’ve been smoking almost daily for 6 years. It will still knock me on my ass if I have a little too much. I think if you can find the right strain for yourself you don’t have to worry about tolerance.

My second time toking I had a short-lived near psychedelic experience. Supposedly the strain was NL. (I’ve talked to two others who have also said similar about NL from back in the day.)

9 Likes