Puck BC3 (cricket and cicada)

II thought about it yesterday but I confess that I was afflicted to do it, but today I’m going to try this surgery and I’ll update here if I was successful or not. I was going to use the blade, but that finger tip seems less risky to me than the blade.
If I don’t make it to this one, I’ll be rooting for one to come

1 Like

One tip i would highly recommend would be to get a drop or two of plain water on the your finger and transfer said drops onto the stuck membrane stuff, wait a few seconds and the membrane material will slide off easily, just be gentle.

4 Likes

I used this technique you mentioned, along with the technique from @zephyr and in the end apparently everything went well, she opened

Now it’s just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens

9 Likes

That’s great, you got the technique perfectly. The fact that it opened up is encouraging.

but it’s pale and the stem is narrowed below the cotyledons which can be a sign of damping off. I’ve seen them recover from this, but not always.

If it doesn’t make it, you still learned how to do seedling surgery and you’ll be ready next time one sprouts with the membrane stuck on it.

6 Likes

I noticed that, and the cotyledons are pretty pale, right, but I had already given her up for dead, so just being able to open them was an achievement.
Thanks for the support and teachings, if this one doesn’t see the others will come :pray:

2 Likes

while they don’t come I dry my anxiety on the ecsd

10 Likes

good afternoon guys, I haven’t played the other 6 yet, because I’m waiting to root some clones here to start with them, while they don’t come, I thought I’d show you my space

Organic 18L vase.9Plants 3 T5 lights. Structure 80cm x 2meters

Grow 1x1meters 240w lm301h 5plants
!

Grow 80x80cm 240w lm301h 3 plants

20 Likes

Looking good my friend

1 Like

It’s a great pleasure to have you here :pray:

2 Likes

I’d be a proud parent if those were mine. Great looking grow.

1 Like

i’ve been feeling it in parts lol
I’m just going to feel even happier with the pucks avenging

1 Like

Hopefully you have better luck with the PUCK, because it’s been in a pain in my ass. Seeing how many seeds you’ve lost already though leads me to believe it’s just a finicky strain.

2 Likes

I confess I was a little frustrated. But I understand it’s part of the joke.I’m going to hold on a little longer for this selection, I’m going to increase the number of clones I already have. and I’m going to do hhash and rosin, after that I open the remaining 6, along with other things I have saved for selection. As soon as I get back I’ll post here again.
And have you opened any of them yet? Thanks for visiting here :pray:

2 Likes

Good idea, I had the space to mess around with it but I would definitely not dedicate them to my larger tent. Not yet at least.

Here’s my thread and the post where the Puck journey begins:

I’m currently battling an unhappy seedling. They’ve all been unhappy at one point or another. More than any other cultivar I’ve grown. I’ve only been growing for a few years though, but still. Very needy indeed.

I’ve also lost a few seeds (didn’t sprout) and two seedlings have curled up and died on me.

1 Like

Damn, sounds like she’s just a finicky bitch @Mr.Christmas this is one of those strains that will sit you on your ass and leave you there contemplating your life choices and reminiscing for 3-4 hours easy, while your body feels like it’s floating on a cloud. Sooo worth it, I hope you guys both end up with abundant harvests @Pajarito

3 Likes

I’m still holding the other 6 here, I’ll try to open it in the winter, see if that helps, because the heat here is brutal.
I still have hope that I can find something cool in these 6, after all, hope is the last thing to die, right?
I’ll be following your journey with this damn thing too, I’ll be rooting for your achievement :pray:
The advice I received and I share today is to be patient and plan well each step we want to do, a schedule helps with all this logistics. So we continue with perseverance :boom::rocket:

2 Likes

Reading these reports gives me a spark of hope, because losing 6 out of 12 was difficult :joy:
Jokes aside, but I felt bad for not being able to germinate them, even though I know it’s not my fault. A bizarre feeling. But I’m much better and regaining strength for this selection.

3 Likes

while the pucks don’t come, I’m having to fill my belly with kosher kush. / Jewish gold🥳

11 Likes

Very nice! I’ve never tried the kosher but heard great things from many people. Look at all those colas ! Awesome

1 Like

I love this smoke, it gives me an indescribable peace of mind.
OG of respect.
This cut arrived here along with 24K, both came from DNA.

3 Likes