Señor Christmas' Fuck-Ups (And Downs), 2023 edition

Well I fell down that rabbit hole, as I knew nothing of the downstream deal.
Got to looking about a bit, then realized, I know almost nothing of todays world of smoking devices, bongs and rigs, nails.
So Thank you, as that downstream does look to offer healthier hits.
I’ve tried a few things here and there, but we seem to just either roll joints or edibles.
I always thought the AV juice was just hippy shit, and I stand corrected, on that.
All the best!!

I had read about activate charcoal bong mouth pieces on another thread here and went digging too. My lungs have gotten pretty jacked up throughout the years so I want to take care of them as much as I can. Let me know if you snag something similar!

1 Like

From here on out I’ll be referring to the plants by their names, so if you’d like to keep track of something specific, here’s the roster:

G-Ride #1 : La Chola
G-Ride #2 : Lychee
G-Ride #3 : Gina
G-Ride #4 : Holly
Purple Punch x Do-si-Dos #1 : Gossamer
Purple Punch x Do-si-Dos #2 : Miss Jackson
Purple Punch x Do-si-Dos #3 : Malagueña
Bombay Crush #1 : Valentina
Bombay Crush #2 : Chavela
Bombay Crush #3 : Marucha
Bombay Crush #4 : Opha-May
Bombay Crush #5 : Uduckie
Bombay Crush #6 : Rita
Superb x Blue Cheese #1 : Chuletica
Superb x Blue Cheese #2 : PAQUITA (La Del Barrio)
Moonshine Haze : Kika

The plants are spread out through 4 plates at random.

Plate #1

Kika:

Lychee:

After LST

It’s tricky to see the plants because of the LST, so it’s nice to get a semi-clear picture like this one.

La Chola:

Gossamer:

Plate #2

Marucha:

Rita:

Opha-May:

Uduckie:

Plate #3

Paquita (La Del Barrio):

Chuletica:

Valentina:

Chavela:

Plate #4

Malagueña:

Miss Jackson:

Holly:

Gina:

8 Likes

Turning out like a bonsai.
Nice thick stems…:v:t4::herb:

3 Likes

WOW!!

You’ve got this down to a science!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Ain’t it beautiful! I’ll be making some mother bonsais soon with more of an artistic touch. I train them currently for practicality since I veg for a few months. I’d assume they’d break through my ceiling if I didn’t, but I’ve never really grown a plant upright before.

Thank you sir.

9 out of the 12 Skelly HP seeds that sprouted have broken through soil.

8 Likes

looking GOOD!!

2 Likes

Had to buy an RO filter today. This water is harsh as fuck. The humidifiers are clogging my carbon filter sock every two days.

2 Likes

This PUCK is stretchy as shit. I’ve never seen seedlings stretch so much. The light is as close as I typically have it, so I’m unsure if it was my doing.
󠀠

󠀠

󠀠
Also, there’s one jagaloon who got stuck under the soil in it’s shell. I was able to dig it under but it’s just been chillin in this micro-size.

󠀠
󠀠
󠀠

“Oi Mister Christmas, oi Mister Christmas, what’s going on with the 4x8?”
Just some veg shit.
󠀠

sitback

6 Likes

Some of the PUCK seedlings are experiencing necrosis on the leaves. Two days ago, I increased the nutrients attempting to prevent the nutrient deficiencies experienced with the 4x8 plants. Well, it looks like some of these seedlings aren’t as hungry as the others.

Thinking I had already pH’ed my “flushing” water, I watered them all with it. It was at an 8.1 pH so after I realized so, I brought it down to 6.5 and actually flushed them with it. Lot of fuck ups. I’m unsure how I’ll handle the situation since none of the other seedlings are showing any nutrient burn.

5 Likes

I decided to kill the one runt that looked like it had seen some shit. I also decided to continue feeding them 3mL/L of base nutes like before, because I’m trying to grow winners here. The truth of the matter is, you can’t win a marathon without putting a few band-aids on your nipples.

I’ll be providing some update pictures of the 4x8 sometime next week. I have family visiting from the East Coast so I won’t have too much time to meddle with it. I’ve transplanted 4 G-rides and 1 Moonshine Haze into 1 gals and they are going crazy. I need to hit them all with some LST, but it’ll take me about two hours to go through them. Again, it’ll have to be next week.

I did get to snag a picture of Holly’s roots before her transplant:

Also, I installed the RO filter I got from amazon. It took most of my afternoon but I’m glad I now have access to clean water.

I realize for most, the vegetative cycle is boring and mundane. Most people just want the juicy cola pics, and I get it. I do. And we’ll get there, trust me. For now, please accept my offering of a picture of my dog

That’s all for today folks.

6 Likes

R u sure your medium is ok?
I’ve used bad quality coco coir earlier had faced many issues losing good beans. Symptoms somewhat similar to urs.
Now I’ve found a good brand with consistent quality.
Something to think about.

2 Likes

Stunning dog!!
Seedlings: Once I crack them open or tail them, I use a starter mix, zero nutes, a sprinkle of BO’s.
Once they pop 6-8 points, then I start their food. A seed has all it needs to for the first few points to emerge. well that is what I’ve read anyway. Your mileage may vary, LOL!

1 Like

Hey brotha,

It should be good! It’s some HP ProMix mixed in with Roots Organic 707. I’ve kept it in a covered plastic bin out in my balcony. I honestly think I fucked up by increasing their nutrients before transplanting them. I was trying to prevent what occurred with my last seedlings, where they began experiencing real gnarly curling due to a nitrogen deficiency. However, they weren’t as developed as my last seedlings as they had been restricted to the small seed starter tray space.

I’ve wanted to switch to a no nute soil so I could push the plants ʜᴀʀᴅ from the start, so now that I’ve done it; I just have to dial my technique in. Basically, future me is going to remain feeding them 2mL/L of AN base nutes until they get transplanted to my green pots, and then I’ll go up to 3/mL/L.

Thank you for stopping by and dropping some knowledge.

A homie always says the same thing man, and it makes total sense. They have to have a lil lunchbox packed inside there to keep them going for a bit.

Thank you bro, I honestly wanted to chuck the whole seedling tray the day I saw some nute burn lol. I’m glad I didn’t. It’s all worth it to gain some knowledge.

Edit: I realize now you were talking about my actual dog. Days later. Lmao. @webeblzr

3 Likes

Hey!

How are you? :wink:

I’ll be transplanting these gals’ today.

The PUCK is being PUCKing annoying, again. Read all about it here!

5 Likes

voilà

till next time, amigos. :santa:t3:

6 Likes

stoked for these skelly hp ive wanted to grow her again for 12-13 yrs easy! that and the lizard HP still are burned in my mind as some of the best, longest lasting, absolutely unreal buzzes ive ever had. no joke had me and my homie tripping balls thinking we were walking on a frozen lake with thin ice, giggling like school kids for 5 hours. i sought out that bag for the next 3 years, faithfully until his brother got raided and lost it all… still have not had either since. he had those and haog and those three are STILL to this day 3 all time favourites ive never b able to obtain. hoping you can make some beans. if so ill gladly swap with you i have tons of gems!

1 Like

Shit man, that’s good to hear. Makes me look forward to smoking it. The whole reason I popped these was to make some seeds through open pollination, but as the plants dwindle… who knows.

We shall see said the blind man!

1 Like

I went back and forth with the idea of LSTing these PUCKs. I see no reason not too, so here we are. This first bend I use as an anchor. I fold them slightly in the opposite direction in which I want to lay the seedling down so that the roots can hook on tighter to prevent the plant from just falling over at bigger sizes.

I was on one last night and decided to pop some seeds. I’ve got @stanknugzz77’s Chem^3 and @darkillusion’s Sour 13 sitting in some good ol’ water. I only have a 2x4 space for these suckers, so I’ll either flower them in 4 inch containers, or I cull a few and flower them in my 1 gal pots. I’m real tired of worrying about the future though, so for now we shall just enjoy growing some good OverGrow genetics.

7 Likes

Awesome! I am currently looking through a nice population of the Chem^3 myself. For anyone that is interested, the lineage is Chem D x Dog Patch. I hope that germination goes well! I appreciate you brother! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

3 Likes