Pure colombian gold (peru)

My second last project in 2012 spawned the original fruity pebbles og in 2012 in manitoba. Then alien private labelled theb200 seeds I shipped them and called them his lol

I found some great skunkers last summer outside so getting close4 after a 2 year break from growing and a 10 year break from rks

mm

4 Likes

I found it more diesel than skunky but I am not a pro to recognize the flavor. I wish I could find the picture, gotta check

2 Likes

Would love to see the pics.

Thanks for sharing

mm

2 Likes

They have all cracked and shed their shells. Time for transplanting. 1 green pheno out of the 7 if you can see? Its the first row.

mm

15 Likes

I’m out of rockwool and don’t know when it will arrive. An inexpensive alternative is med-man mix - 45% fluffy coco. 45% pro or sunshine mix and 10% extra perlite or hydroton in beds. The coco adds extra drainage. Also allowing plants to get bigger in the smaller containers.

Punch a hole in the beer cups and wick feed. They appreciate the constant supply and help Transplants shoot roots down leaving the top not as moist. Extra moisture in the tray below also adds extra humidity in the air which vegging plants love. Also acting as a bug barrier maot for any potential insect invaders.

Make sure to make notes on masking tape if needed.in this case I put (green) on the only green pheno. Things change fast and knowledge lost is shitty.

mm

12 Likes

Interesting method. I may have to steal it

1 Like

When doing small or large seed runs. It’s a big peace of mind to know to just top up the tank (fluid levels in the tray) vs hand feeding each one.

Feeder and leader roots love moisture areas. Breather roots more dry. That’s why wick systems usually do so well.

Let me know what you think if you try it :wink:

mm

4 Likes

I’m starting a new grow in about 2 wks give or take and I might try a few this way. Not the rockwool but the wicked solo cup is interesting

1 Like

Here’s a conceptual rendering

Like I said I like it for new Transplants and larger plants as they only wick up what they need

mm

7 Likes

OK so this is running on your 3 part rootzone. Thanks for the visual.

4 Likes

Oops. That’s should say breather lol yikes.

This is basically what most bottom feed wick systems look like (with no actual wick)

mm

1 Like

I’m not a big led-head. But have always liked them for strip lighting. Just geared up a shelf with rand new ones

They are loving it

mm

15 Likes

Really interesting thread. Pulled up a chair and watching the show

1 Like

Hoping to find the reeker skunker pheno :grinning:

mm

4 Likes

They are loving their new lights and wick system

Took a few days to adjust. And like I expected. Stem and leaf rub already reviewing a road kill skunk funk

mm

11 Likes

So this is smelling like skunk spray/dead :skunk: skunk? How I miss that acrid, pungent, smell of the skunk from earlier in my life. Been a long time but I remember lime green with jumbo seeds it seems. Funny how it seemed to have just disappeared.

3 Likes

Jumbo seeds is a dead giveaway. Biggest ones I ever saw. Round and huge like peas or soy.

Yes it’s why I collected them when I did :grinning:

Fingers :crossed_fingers:

mm

6 Likes

I found a pic of the Peruvian (colombian) gold in 2020 manitoba one of my awarded students tested for me. grown with my nutes. method and mix. she was straight road-kill. just needs a skunky ghani. I really wished I ran these sooner for myself.

Its a minute into this video:

mm

19 Likes

So there’s at least 2 skunkers. And becuase they are for my rks project. I’m welcoming stinkers of both sex

I’m bringing it up becuase from my experience when plants are young from non modified seeds. Males tend to be bigger and darker and stankier.

Not really giving em much nutes. 300 to 400 6.0 ph

I did notice from the 2020 greenhouse that there is a bld and nld within the population. Either geno pheno take a while to finish.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #peru #colombiangold

16 Likes

Interesting. Im here lurking around. Love me some skunky skunk. Good luck

2 Likes