Purple buds...who grows them?

ohh my!!! that is one pretty plant

3 Likes

Not totally purple, but this pheno came out of my strain Samadhi.

18 Likes

That plant is still alive. I revegetated her and took clones that will be treated with sts. She’s got a unique Juicy Fruit Gum (the yellow pack) smell.
I’m hoping that carries over in the fem seeds she will give me.

7 Likes

Some baby midnight snack, these are clones from my last grow, I reversed one clone separately and pollenated a few branches of these.

19 Likes

Very nice! You are going to need a machete to get in there after a bit!

3 Likes

Lol thats no joke, I was thinking about doing my week 3 defole soon, but idk how that will interfere with the seeds, I know it helps the buds alot, and while I’m after good buds, I want good seed as well.

3 Likes

I defoilate seeded plants

5 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

2 Likes

Anytime brother

2 Likes

Indoor same cut 6 week cure not as purple

11 Likes

1st pic is Bubba Kush IBL
2nd and 3rd pics are JOTI God Bud

37 Likes

Lots of purple there looking really good .

4 Likes

I got two that are dark like that. The leaves. Got it for Jonny it could be his gdp or come chocolate tina. Good looking bud.

5 Likes

I’ve grown a lot of purple varieties. What I have noticed is that they are usually not as sweet smoking and flavorful as a given green pheno of the same strain. I don’t know why this is, but I have seen it again and again. Also, the purple phenos will sometimes have a more narcotic effect and the green often more clear and soaring. So, I keep growing various purple plants here and there because they are so beautiful, but then am usually disappointed. YMMV, but that is my experience.

10 Likes

Those are righteous buds. In my short 3 seasons of experience, I haven’t grown anything purple yet, but will be on the lookout going forward. Gorgeous looking buds and plant.

Lob

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful godbud! Was that temp induced or was that pheno a purple plant in genera?

2 Likes

Out of the variety I have going out this season, Im hoping for something purple. I had headband purple up on me temperature induced a couple years ago.

1 Like

Pentagram auto

Obama Kush x Purple Urkle

36 Likes

Red Girl Scout Cookies 25%THC Deep Flavor Smoke, great high,
Contrast|375x500

20 Likes

Usually my daytime Temps are around 25-27C and my night time Temps, during the last 3 or 4 weeks of flower get down to 12-15C to induce the colours to cime out, but that God Bud was at a steady 25C day and night, just the JOTI genetics!

8 Likes