Purple buds...who grows them?

One of the ‘colourful’ fades from last season.

Heading deep into a ‘purple project’ been planning for a while. Just finalizing the contenders - deep purple dashti - aces violetta- purple ‘BC Bud’ - will be starting it this fall and anticipate it taking a few years. (Finishing up the new indoor rooms now - seeds have been set aside)

27 Likes

Midnight snack

23 Likes

Purple kush

28 Likes

Was just talking about purple.

27 Likes

Just now darkening up. This plant gets so dark purple its almost black.

23 Likes

Is that the Deep Purple Dashti right there? Beautiful! I tried to get a seed to pop last year but failed. Will have to try again…

2 Likes

Not the one pictured, that was a LVRK cross by rss - I’ve still got a full pack of the deep purple dashti will be popping to cross soon and maybe preserve as well. Had some nice colours show through this last season on more plants than usual. Likely the new locality, just moved to latitude 52, and I’ve had to adapt my growing significantly - still figuring it out with the short season and cold. My elevation is rather high as well which doesn’t help.

Edit: after reading my initial post on the thread… it’s rather misleading. I went in two random purple directions ranting on about a project I have planned, am excited about it. going to save it for indoors rather than ‘risk it’ out doors - like the one pictured. Oh also need to thank you for the plants sake! It was a beautiful specimen! and smoked great… but it smelled like a hot dog (meaty)/ with some deep smokey back end …

2 Likes

Maybe try the Purple Satellite from Green Mountain Seeds if you want something to finish for you that far north. I’m at 42N and had it finish first week of September…so it’s worth a try maybe. As far as the DPD, I would definitely scuff those seeds and soak before attempting to pop as they were duds for me. I’m not the best at it though…

1 Like

Midnight snack

37 Likes

JOTI God Bud
e0f384e8a4654cb9e27700218dec6bafc5a091ad_2_375x500.jpeg bd2fc6a00b1bc3ab68a230f5107e9d6877d5d2e1_2_375x500.jpeg 00830d31461f7294cac87b342d237b7ed886038b_2_375x500.jpeg b3ba80ffed0e1aa355f0c4ff0a0f8d012315325d_2_375x500.jpeg

36 Likes

That’s (sniffle, sniffle) Bee-yoo-tee-ful!

1 Like

I managed to flip and self a clone… I should get a couple dozen fem seeds from this strain. I didn’t want to let ot go as the smoke was a awesome as the colours, bit it was time to move on for a bit and grow some other stuff

4 Likes

Bazooka Boss by @Hydro921

32 Likes

That is gorgeous! BTW! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

So is that!

2 Likes

Thank you @CanuckistanPete

1 Like

I second that, those are absolutely gorgeous colas! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Waahhhh!
Why does everyone grow better buds than me. Thinking about hanging up the watering can, now.

3 Likes

Yeah right
:rofl::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful work with that @Bobgrows

1 Like