Purple buds...who grows them?

Col x gdp turning purple in the cold night temps .

18 Likes

Your PUF5 definitely has some similarities with the Purple Wookie v2 I grew. Looks good man!

22 Likes

35 Likes

Nice. Whats the lineage on that one?

1 Like

Purple Wookie v2 is Roadkill Unicorn F3 x Wookie 15. I’m not sure if it shares lineage with the Purple Unicorn or not, just guessing based off the name.

2 Likes

What strain is that?

2 Likes

Sweet Seeds - Tropicanna Poison

3 Likes

Thata gotta be a good cross. That wookie 15 dad is major fire. Pretty sure roadkill unicorn is a PU f3 dad cross. Nice plants by the way.

3 Likes

That looks amazing, is it purple all the time or cold induced? What’s the flowering time? Sorry, that has me excited since it does look more Indica instead of the PU sativa!

2 Likes

Hey og, I get to join the club. This will be my first real purple bud. Well looks super promising!

16 Likes

Nice one right there @Shaggy450r :+1:t4:

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

2 Likes

It is not cold induced. They state something like 80% of the plants will have the purple coloring. I think they list it at 60% indica iirc. It’s fast flowering, so while I dont exactly know what that means, they say 6-7 weeks. Those pictures are all around the end of week 6, and I just pollinated, so I may let them run extra long, to give those seeds some time.

Here is the breeder info
https://sweetseeds.es/en/tropicanna-poison-f1-fast-version/

6 Likes

Thanks brotha!!

2 Likes

Wow! The fast version is usually crossed with an auto, so if you made f2 or crossed with another fast or an auto, some of the offspring will be auto flowers. Also, you said you made seeds?! Did you keep a cut?

3 Likes

I took a cut of each plant while they were in flower, so they have rooted, and the roots are growing, I am just waiting on some reveg action. Never did this before, so I am going with the root growth meaning they will get there. I was planning just to seed them though with some of the pollen. I wasnt planning to keep it forever. And yeah, I used CS on both plants, but the male branch on the runt plant didnt really look great, so I chopped it before it matured. Both are pollinated by a branch from the bigger plant. I saved some of the pollen for the clones, but I was also going to hit an Auto Dark Devil with it as well.

3 Likes

Before…

and after being trimmed up…

24 Likes

Trump Nutz from the homie @Molto_Mota at day 68

25 Likes

What kinda smells are the trump nutz putting out sure looks like solid buds . Great job on growing that out.

1 Like

Very piney and earthy with a real sour funk. Like the sweet and sour stink from old cantaloupe.

4 Likes

Love me some colored buds and everyone here has some beautiful girls going.

Wanted to share a pic I have also.

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

5 Likes