Purple buds...who grows them?

Purple kush gonna be purple

12 Likes

it was also the nickname of the Minnesota Vikings in the 70s

3 Likes

Thanks for that, as i’m from Europe sometimes i miss references to understand some of those strains names.The song seems pretty old so I guess it is a reference for older generations or it is known also by younger ones?
Minesota Vikings, you speak of a american football team I guess? Why adopting this name, is there some of their opponents who are in purple?

2 Likes

Their uniforms are purple so they were called the purple people eaters. The song is super old from like the late 50s the only reason I know it is because it was a popular Halloween song kind of like the Monster Mash if you ever heard that oldie also

3 Likes

Some blueberry Sativa BX autos showing off outdoors

17 Likes

Damn all you ladies and gentlemen have some amazing plants. I accidentally made some. No idea what it was, where it came from. We just call it weed.

7 Likes

Forgive me if i posted these pics in this topic already.

7b830eca23758573463d6a37cd1b4443c2222403_2_501x499

15 Likes

This season’s rainbow plants :

Trimming and shucking through the next couple weeks.

20 Likes

Beautiful!:green_heart::fire::green_heart:

2 Likes

lol yup that’s it, It totally has that Monster Mash vibe!

Just an old song from the past thought it would be a good name.
There was a very lame movie in 1988 called Purple People Eater as well.
I grew up in the 80’s & ive heard it in commercials, tv,radio etc, it’s a catchy jingle.

2 Likes

OK thanks for the explanation, not sure the Viking name makes a lot of sense for me but nicknames can be weird. I know the song Monster Mash, I can’t remember in what movie I’ve heard it but I know this song.Thank you for a bit of cultural background.

1 Like

I’m born in the end of the 70’s so I’ve grown up in the 80’s as well, as kids in this time we were bombarded by commercials so not surprising you’re using a name coming from your memory. Hell, we had cartoon like GI Joe or Masters of the Universe who were huge pub for the toys and it worked well, I still have my GI joe collection at my parent’s house :grin:

2 Likes

I was expecting these to be more of a black leaf plant, but they had a nice purple bud outcome. Kinda wish I had taken a cut of it to have around for a bit. Solfire - Yacht Party

18 Likes

Grow indoor this summer… :drooling_face:

14 Likes

same bud born in 77
funny you mentioned Masters of the Universe I had all of the action figures and my mom sold them at a flea market when I was in my 20s for about 50 bucks for the whole lot, heartbreaking

1 Like

not sure if this qualifies as a purple bud its got some purple accents
the strain is Peachez n Chem from Strayfox this is around day 63 letting her go to 70

10 Likes

OH no what a shame, I wouldn’t let go my toys collection, too much precious memories associated to them. I still play with my Lego when I visit my parents and wants to get some quite alone time. I’ve played D&D a lot and I’d like to get the D&D set Lego made for the 50 years anniversary of the game.
A few purple plants from runs under LED, there is more colors with those light in the winter runs, those pics are from 2 Rocky Melon, greta cross by Karma

10 Likes