Purple kush by blimburn seeds

Tag me or dm me a few pics of the plants around harvest time of u dont mind

That’s not purple kush btw. Purple kush has leathery dark leaves looks along the lines of a taller bubba for reference.

Not for nothing but this plant did have dark green leaves. I can’t remember the seed bank that I got it from but I do know it was a pretty generic mainstream first few that pop up on google back in 2015, chances are its not true pk or even pk at all

Purple Kush test results. It comes originally from Oakland, CA.

variety-drugs-live-resin-cartridge-purple-kush.pdf (351.1 KB)

Not blimburn bloopity beeppy boop. I grew grizzly purple kush from them a long time ago and it made me see hella purple stuff but it wasnt anything like purple kush it was actually kosher kush. I never wanted to grow stuff from them again after that.

2 Likes

Either way your plants look nice and healthy. Hopefully you’ll end up with some smoke you like. I used to always get caught up in names, and what the hottest name was in the scene. None of that shit matters as long as it’s something you like. Didn’t mean to come off like an elite clone know it all.

2 Likes

Its all good man this plant (whatever strain it really is) means a lot to me and my grandpop. He thinks its pk so im in the process of securing some pk beans. Even got some coral kush

1 Like

I do have 2 with some issues going on and getting worse. If you got a second check out the sick plant- ask the community thread and let me know what you think

i have a fair amount of experience with their seeds. i have had mostly success with them in terms of germination and growth / potency / flavor.

i currently have a blimburn purple kush growing in my outside garden . it’s a few weeks away from chop. first time growing out their purple kush so i don’t have a smoke report for you, sorry.

i can take photos for you if you would like.

1 Like

Yes please take some pics

1 Like

roger. gimmie a few min.

1 Like

ok. apologies, but i’m not a photographer. just whatever my phone can snap on auto.
first shot is plant overall structure. i am limited in plant sizes as i am in an illegal state. small pots, lots of topping, supercropping and LST.
the plant grew very vigorously. it’s buds have gotten so long and heavy i had to make a trellis for it to hold them up. it is not showing any purple colorations (yet), but the flowers are fattening up nicely and getting frosty with trichs. 2 more weeks maybe. will see how the weather holds out. it hasn’t cooled off all that much yet. it’s 96F here today so i doubt i’m going to see much coloration if it is dependent on cooler temps to turn colors.
it’s next door neighbor in the garden in another purple kush from kannabia. THAT plant is showing purple colorations.

second and third shots are close up of some of the easier to see colas.

let me know if you have any other questions.

4 Likes

Ive heard good things about kannabia pk
Plants look good

1 Like

blimburn has a pretty big catalog. they had some of the older strains i was looking for in stock where other seedbanks did not. most of what i have grown out from them has been good.
i have only had one instance where none of the seeds in a pack popped and only one instance where a plant went full mutant and died (i suspect it was a strain grown only indoors and just couldn’t handle the sun and heat here (Texas)).

several of their strains have been REAL nice and i intend to grow again (when i complete the strain hunt i’m on).
GDP - vigorous and healthy growth. nice smooth smoke. worked well for patient - uninterrupted sleep
GDP x DoSiDos - potent, tasty, sticky. grew vigorously and healthy. easy to tend. great tasty smoke.
Blackberry Moonrocks - a bit on the smaller stature of plant, but the flowers were lovely. golf ball sized nugs up and down all branches (topped and LST’ed) flavor was warm blackberry cobbler on exhale. high was so relaxing and pain free. great plant. wished i had grown it in a bigger pot for greater yield but will definitely grow again. have 2 seeds left.

i have in this years outdoor garden several from blimburn
blim - silver surfer haze
blim - purple kush
blim - purple bubba kush
blim - blackberry kush
blim - louis xiii

and running two indoors
blim - gelato x kosher kush
blim - Grandaddy Purple

are there better versions of these strains out there? sure. but if you’re strain hunting or just wanting to try something different on a budget blimburn has some decent stuff for good prices.

they kinda jacked up their prices recently which is a bummer, but they offer BOGOs all the time. i have found their seeds even cheaper at NASC seedbank in their “white label” offerings. can outfit a nice variety garden for real cheap. decent selection.

1 Like

the Kannabia did fantastic with the heat and the sun. was consistently one of the healthiest plants the entire grow. blimburn silver surfer haze was the 2nd and garden of green (another good source for decent cheap seeds) candyland was the 3rd. they loved the heat and loved the blazing sun.

also noticed the blim SSH was quite good with pest resistance. others were not so lucky this year.

1 Like

2 Likes