Purple Punch OG and Zkittlez winter shed grow

Hi all I have a pp og and zkittlez almost at second week of flower. I’ve sealed up a small garden shed as a lung room, with a spider farmer 2x2 kit. Silicone and foam have helped alot. Thanks guysUploading: IMG_1475.jpeg...

Uploading: IMG_1581.jpeg… Temps have dropped a bit here lately, hopefully zkittlez stretches more next few weeks

12 Likes

I love seeing happy plants, awesome stuff. Today was the first time I had heard of a lung room/tent, I’m going to have to save some mula to incorporate this.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG my friend! Looking great in there!

3 Likes

Nice looking start to a GR8 grow. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Thanks mate I started with an Aussie mob high powered organics gro dirt lite and have been recycling it through my compost bins. I’m a big fan of the KISS style, minimal inputs really I top dress just before flip with different blends of manures etc. This run I used sheep manure mixed with EWC.

1 Like

I have about a square meter of room so hopefully add a 3x3 when budget allows. But if a rough and ready set up but it’s working ok so far. I grow for my wife and my myself. We’re both medical patients, however it’s still quite pricey here and I like to have variety.

3 Likes

I like a variety to as well and like yo grow autos 3 0r 4 strains at a time, I like what you are talking about.:joy:

This is in an open room. Talk about KISS! :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Looking good bud!! Yeah with both of us working and we have 3 kids, simple is the most realistic option for me. I’m lucky my missus loves weed so I can grow a bit.We both love Kush and og’s/crosses.

Here’s a Special Queen from RQS I did over summer. Turned out nice but stinky lol.

2 Likes

How do you find the temps over winter? Do you run a heater?

No I’m based in south east Qld, so the weather doesn’t really get that cold here. Sub tropical climate similar to say Florida. Sealing up gaps and a few thick pieces of foam seem to be enough for now. However always room for improvement, I would like to get some proper insulation done over time.

1 Like

Ok, I’m the opposite and trying to seal the gaps from the cold

1 Like

I am in a room within my house I do use a heater from time to time, but only at night to keep that room in the sweat spot. All automated by timers and sensors that are controlled by contactors which I made myself as I am a master electrician and an electrical engineer, the only thing I do is mix, prune and water by hand so I got eyes on them everyday so as to catch any problems that may arise and to monitor.

2 Likes

We had 3 days or so last week of 5-6 degree Celsius nights and I freaked lol I hate the cold! Yep sealing up best you can I suppose. I seem to get a blast of cool fresh air every time I open the tent so I take that as a good sign.

Wow cool electrical knowledge is such a great tool to have. An electrician up the road ran power from my house to the shed. Paid him cash dug an 8 metre by 600mm trench by hand. 🥲😂 labor of love I’ll never do it again lol

1 Like

My temps are getting as low as 13deg C overnight :disappointed:. I believe I’d need to temporarily seal above the roller door before getting a heater.

You can always use a piece of that thick Blue styrofoam to sit stuff on top of. My friend had no money for a tent, worked construction and had access to that Blue styrofoam 4’x8’x 2” so we built him a box to grow in with the styrofoam, duct tape, wood, silicone, some of those solar blanket from the dollar store, and some screw so he could invest money for a light only. Got to love that DIY stuff all the rest was stuff he had around his house and never thought about it​:joy::joy::joy::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

On day 20f did some light pruning on the ppog, it’s something I’ve always been on the cautious side doing. Airflow seems good let me know if you guys reckon she could go with more :+1:

1 Like

Some homemade pizza for dinner and passion fruit jelly cheesecake for dessert :yum:🤌

2 Likes

27D might pick up some garage insulation this week, temps and rh

have been dropping quite a bit lately

IMG_1681

Got some insulation up and the place tidied up a bit this week. Time allowing I’ll get the rest up soon. Should hold me in good stead in the warmer weather too. Zkittlez didn’t take topping well, seems to be a ways behind. I’ll take the ppog as far as I can and see what happens :man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes