Purple Unicorn

Pics of the individual plants. Im liking them so far.

25 Likes

Peace @Grohio. I have not finished reading the thread as I have just seen it today and started reading, but I would be interested in following along. I have heard good things about the PU and would love to see/ have a strain that is purple and potent. (I have never had 1 yet. Most purple strains I have had [ albiet all black market bought flower] have never lived up to the hype of such).
I know by now I must sound like a greedy kid who wants all he sees, but I have not had the experiences that most of U have had. I have been smoking bud for most of my life and have only had maybe 2 actually complete harvests although I have been growing (or trying to grow :joy:) for over 10 yrs, but seems something ends up stopping the grow ( usually legal reasons as I am an ex-con and can NEVER do it legally cuz of past indiscretions). That being said, I haven’t had many success stories and have had many popular strains ( in seeds) early on that I didnt know anything about and killed off cuz of grower error or other reasons. I recall having La Confidential when it was a freebie at Attitude and didnt find out till years after I killed the seedling that it was as popular as it would become. Also had OG #18 and killed that as well. All this being said… Yes I would like to see this run and maybe attain some beans in the process.

My apologies for derailing the thread, just needed to give some backstory on why I end up on seed run posts. I love this community and have gained alot from the little time I have been here. Ppl here seem to espouse the same ideological principles that I have and I want all to know I am not one of the ghosts that hit and run. Ok diatribe over…lol
Stay safe and grow hard :fist:t6:
Peace

8 Likes

Looking fantastic! Nice and uniform plants all around.

I ended up with 3 guys / 2 gals. Here’s the boys I just put into flower a couple days ago. I’m going to cull the one on the left. It was the runt of 5 and I just don’t like how it’s growing. The other two guys look great though. I’ll flower them out and collect their pollen. Happy to send you some when time comes if you’d like some more genetic diversity.

And here’s my two ladies. The small one has been growing much slower and had dark purple stems all over already. Also just had it’s head cut off a few days back and is slowly recovering. I’ll likely be putting these into flower in a couple weeks time.

Also, what I perceived as intersex traits on a plant was just a male with really weird first set of preflowers. That runt male had them, another reason me no likey.

23 Likes

Looken great man. I will probably take you up on the pollen offer. Its nice knowing you got 2 males in case i dont get any. Seeds are in the future for sure now.

12 Likes

Ohhhhh, things just got a little more interesting! @Grohio there’s your open pollination plan coming together.

2 Likes

I would guess not everyone has seen the awesome STS video by Mr. @Sebring

He provides amazing tips with the gotchas and the reasons why" are covered !!!

• yes, its that good !!!
5 Likes

Whats your point? Im lost…

just information …

How does it relate to the conversation at hand?

1 Like

I now have a rooted cut of all 4 purple unicorn plants. Off to the races as soon as sex is determined.

25 Likes

Nice healthy clones : ) how many days did they take ?

2 Likes

Today is the 10th day

6 Likes

Excellent , especially concidering the age of the new mums etc
Did you prep the mums befor takin the cuts or did you just go for it as is ?
: )

2 Likes

They are on a very low ppm feed of urban farms texas vegetable fertilizer, calmag and silica. No, i did not change my feeding regimen before taking cuts. I uppoted from solos to 5x5 square pots. About a week later i took the tops of all plants and stuck them in rapid rooters in a standard rooting dome and trays. Half inch of water phd to 6.3 and misted them twice a day with phd water. I used clonex rooting gel when i put them in the rooters as well. I will admit this is the first time i have got roots without any yellowing of the plants. Cuts look just as healthy as the day i took them.

10 Likes

They are great looking clones aswell as roots the top looks in good condition too , they will take off nicely with little delay : )

3 Likes

Thanks for that info. Those are the best looking clones I’ve ever seen. My clone game is weak and I’m trying to improve. My cuts are probably around the same age and have no roots at all, and look like death. Using an aerocloner with no dome. I think the direct intesne 18/6 veg light is killing them. I recently rigged up a cover to shield them and they seem to respond. Rapid rooters and dome, here I come!

2 Likes

I too have a aerocloner and it takes me about 2-3 weeks to get roots and my cuts look unhealthy when they finally root. I was using clonex rooting solution and h202. I have a 65 watt quantum board over these ones with it dimmed to about 20 watts. 24 hours light.

4 Likes

Coco jiffy pucks , clonex gel and propagator works best for me , I also prep my mums aswell tho : )

4 Likes

I have not tried the the coco pucks yet. I know i have seen people root cuts into solo cups of coco though. So, it must be a good option. When i first started about 7 years ago i used rockwool cubes and a propagator. I like the rapid rooters much better.

4 Likes

I prefer peat and coco pellets myself, I use to have clones with roots at least starting to show out of the sides in 7 days, not so much with one of my current strains. When growing in soil, I feed my plants the day before taking cuttings, with hydro, they are always being fed so no prep is required.

1 Like