Quest for terpenes

Hello everyone, it’s been a few weeks… I hope everybody is doing okay and staying safe. :pray:t3:
Wanted to share an update on how things are going with the GDPs, they’re still alive!

The first GDP is a freakk! :slight_smile: (Her) second set of leaves grew two pair on one side.

Since then, (she) has been growing what look like normal sets of leaves. Watching out for more irregularities in the future.

The second GDP has been runty, but due to the slow start, the size of the pot and the recent coldness, I’m still keeping hope to grow a decent plant from it yet.

And, Heree they are now on their fourth week.
Day 25 from sprout.

Veg tent has been getting a blend of
R/o and tap water mixed to ~80ppm
1ml/gal rhino skin,
~120ppm(500 scale) calmag,
a pinch of seaweed extract,
.2g/gal fulvic and amino acids
And ~300ppm 3-1-2 botanicare.

I usually mix 1 or 2 liters at a time and final feed comes out to ~450ppm. Smaller plants get half strength with added mycos and beneficial bacterica~ og biowar and azospirillum.

No humidifier or heater but plants sit on top of a 20x20 inch heat mat controlled to 76°f. Temps have been ranging from 68-73 in the day and 60-63 at night, ~35-40% relative humidity.

Thanks for stopping by!
Take Care and Many Blessings! :green_heart:

3 Likes

Looks like it went ‘whorled’ (three fan leaves per node) for a node or two.
I had one do that for 3 nodes then went back to normal.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Here’s the GDP filling out the small pots.
1st seed(right) has a nice smell to it, 2nd seed(left) smells like green plant.

Flower tent is about half through it’s cycle, so these will most likely stay in here building root balls until tent is finished.

Some other variations of gdp in the tent including one of my own chucks of Symbiosis’ Pai Gow x Bodhi’s Midnight Cowboy(m).
PG=(jackpot x purple punch)
MC=(mendo purps x wookie)

And, the reason behind searching for more terpenes, the clone that’s constantly delivering sweet, grapey terpenes and caked-colas: Pai Gow.

:fireworks: :evergreen_tree:Happy New Year!!!:evergreen_tree: :fireworks:

2 Likes

it’s always interesting to see old bagseeds grown out. it’s like a time capsule.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get the gdp buds back in 2011? what state? black market or dispensary? do you remember what the buds looked like or how it smoked?

I’m from the bay area so I love gdp.

I have ken estes 2010 grandaddy purple. it’s the pure gdp seed line, but the original gdp commercial cut had already been lost in the raids on ken’s farms by the time these were made.
I really need to grow those out.

3 Likes

Thats exactly whats so exciting about the age of the seeds , It’s like going back in time …

2 Likes

Hey Zephyr~ the buds were picked up from a dispensary in sfv, so cal… they were on discount bc they were outdoor but luckily had some souvenirs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I don’t remember how it smoked but I do remember the buds were purple and green, and looked “outdoor”. Had picked up some indoor that was more stoked about(at the time), and over shadowed the gdp experience.

It would be nice to see ken’s GDP line grown out to see what they offer. I haven’t really kept up on forums for the past 10 yrs or so… Have been getting back into the swing of things and seeing strains (online) I haven’t seen grown before.

Was thinking these seeds may have been accidentally pollinated from a neighboring hemp farm, but have since started to grow more like an Afghani. Both plants look like they’re developing female preflowers!! Which could ring true to what @Gpaw was saying about gdp hermie traits applying to these seeds as well… Ah, the spice of life!

Something I haven’t seen before, each plant has alternated nodes since the third node. Anyone see that before? Will take pics sometime tmrw to share.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me ramble.:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Greetings :pray:t3:
It’s been colder in the tent, temps around 68-70°f. Heat mat under plants turns on during the day, set to 76°. Gpd’s are growing very differently from each other. Fun to watch em grow out. Hoping for some smelly (+strong) phenos~

Gdp #1

Gdp #2

Group

4 Likes

1/17/22
GDP 1

GDP 2

1/21/22
GDP 1

GDP 2

Group

Switched light from a 3500k to a 3000k lm301b led fixture and the plants are stretching more. The taller plant (gdp 2) now has a definite zesty, floral smell starting to develop and the squat bush has a flower scent to it as well but different. Loving the leaves these are producing.

The flower tent is just about finished… all the overgrown plants will get into some new boots to hit the ground running, wooo! Stoked about these old seeds :fireworks: :green_heart: :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Looking forward to transplanting these gals into some new shoez. They receive an essential oil based IPM spray weekly (or whenever I remember). A 2x2 can get cramped at this stage but it’s great to save space and to germinate/rear seeds. Clones kept in small pots to restrict growth over many weeks.

2 Likes

Well now… it’s been a minute. The bag seeds turned out not to be GDP, or what I thought to be anything close… 1 grew nanners and was tossed, the other had nice trich production and spicy flavor, but ran only once.

Have gone from a standing 2x2x4 veg space to a now sideways 2x4x2 area on a table, lol. Interesting experiment but so far it’s been working out. The limited height has afforded me a ‘perfect’ training and transplanting size for transition to flower, at least for my purpose.

New flavors include oreoz, cereal milk(2 dif cuts), dosi sherbert, w. runtz, LCGelto, G41xAMbx and some of my own crosses.

Flower tent at various stages. Getting back to all one schedule after this round, ~11/20.
Cereal milk(1)

Oreoz

Dosi Sherbert

PaiGowXMeatBreathxMMf5 &
MBxMMf5 s1 seed testers:

MBxMMf5 leaner, seeded

PG leaner, cloned

I’m starting a few projects, including more reversals. If anyone is interested in beans, please let me know and I’d be happy to get these to the right place. So far, library consists of:

1. PaiGowXMidnightCowboy (r.)
  2. PaiGowXMBxMMf5 (f)
  3. EdenTransmissionXMBxMMf5 (f)

Lineage:
-Pai Gow is JackpotXPurplePunch, Symbiotic.
-Midnight Cowboy is MendoPurpsXWookie15, Bodhi.
-Eden Transmission is Vietnamese#7XAfghan, Bodhi.
-MeatBreathX(MendoMontagef5), Big Pond.

Thank you!
~Synk

4 Likes

Nice one!

did u see the 2x2 Tent on its side grow? check it out If u like

Ahoy!

Next cycle is up and running: Oreoz, Gelato Mints, Cereal Milk(2 diff cuts) and LCG. With multiple seed projects in mind, most likely will be Lemon Cherry Gelato reversed first.

PGxMB AKA “The Sleeper” front, Oreoz in back.

Gelato Mints

LCG back, Cereal Milk DHN cut center, Cereal Milk(local) front.

Cereal Milk, Local cut

4 Likes

Greetings!
We are here at day 56 for most and 68 for Gelato Mints. The tent I’d say is currently overgrown. Planning to chop on new years day :slight_smile:
LCG s1 seeds are growing and Gelato Mints pollen is being made and soon gelato mint s1 seeds will form.

Flippy-floppy group shot

Pai Gow x Meat BreathxMMf5

Cereal Milk, local cut

Cereal Milk, DHN cut

LCG

Oeroz

Gelato Mints

Above flippin-floppin

Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you all Happy Holidaze and a Great New Year!!

5 Likes

Copa’s Icy Grape F2 males

Icy Grape Females

4 Likes

Greetings! It has been a while since visiting, but much progress has been made in the ‘quest for terpenes’. I am currently running a 2*4 tester tent with a few pollen chucks of my own creation, exciting! I will be running a shorter flower cycle, flipped day 25 from sprout on 12/27/23.

L2R: Banana OG x LCG, Purple Jelly x Rainbow Beltz, Cereal Milk x Rainbow Beltz and LCG s1 is about a week behind in smaller pot.

Leaf and plant structures are strong and stem rubs smelling nice, especially the CMxRB cross, reminds me of pineapple guava.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good new year so far. Peace ~

4 Likes

This post is years old, but the names were incorrect or mislabeled …

After the homemade PGxMB cross…

1st clone is LCG, mislabeled
2nd clone was sold (on strainly) as Cereal Milk but was really Rozay
3rd clone is Black Gelato, mislabeled
4th clone is Cereal Milk, mislabeled
5th clone IS Gelato Mints

Hope this helps…

1 Like

Greetings All ~
Wanted to start coming here to share my progress with the project. It’s taken a few years to really get serious about the search and am still looking. Now I have more inventory to go through but with very little space for each 2 - 3 month growing cycle.

Tester spots will be open once seeds are harvested and dried if you’d like to participate. Will release more information about the genetics soon, mostly all flavors with some gas terpenes. :green_heart::rosette::evergreen_tree:

I’m currently working in a few different tents. Using a 5•5 tent for flowers and a 2•4 & 2•2 for growing more seeds.

Thanks to everyone for your patience & joining along thus far. I hope to bring you some good things coming soon.

Pollination in progress

Next round of flavors to be pollinated in the 2*2 nicknamed, “Seeds of Green”

Flower tent filled with a few personal chucks including (Banana OG x LCG), (Purple Jelly x Rainbow Beltz) & (Cereal Milk x Rainbow Beltz)

Hope everyone is having a good and prosperous one ~ Peace!

1 Like

Not only are your plants pretty but your photography is good too.

1 Like

Are ya talking about the angles the pics are taken at? I try, but the quality isn’t that high, imho. Just enough to show the dried talc (foliar spray) on the leafs, but not enough to view the pistils or trichomes lol.

Thank you for your comment, @Bert :blush: hava good one :v: