Quick Strain Reviews

It can be hard to dig through tons of long threads to try and find info about a strain you’re interested in. I thought it would be cool to have a thread where people can give quick reviews of strains they’ve successfully ran.

I’ll start with a rough template, and a few strains I have run in the past.

BREEDER AND STRAIN

PHENOS

FLOWERING TIME

GROWTH TRAITS

YIELD/QUALITY/TASTE

PICS

If anyone likes the idea, please contribute! I started this with selfish intentions, I’d love in a few months to be able to scroll through a thread of real peoples experiences with strains.

10 Likes

BREEDER AND STRAIN

Jordan of the Islands - Blueberry Cough

PHENOS

Only had one that a friend selected from 5 seeds

FLOWERING TIME

8.5-9 weeks

GROWTH TRAITS

Vigorous. Shorter and branchy. Made a nice cup shape with minimal topping, really great for LST. Thick colas from base to top of larger branches. Liked heavier feeding.

YIELD/QUALITY/TASTE

A good yielder (3oz/plant from a 400HPS). Very potent, almost too much for me lol. A strong floral/perfumey type flavor and smell with hints of gas.

PICS

21 Likes

BREEDER AND STRAIN

Barney’s Farm - LSD (feminized)

PHENOS

From 4 seeds all were pretty consistent with only minor differences in height/structure. Potency and flavor were all quite similar too.

FLOWERING TIME

9-10 weeks

GROWTH TRAITS

A bit stretchy. Very frosty smaller ‘clusters’ of buds on med-thin branches. This strain seemed to be a lighter feeder. Fan leaves turned a nice purple in late flowering.

YIELD/QUALITY/TASTE

Moderate yield (2oz/plant under 400W HPS) - the buds looked huge, but were very airy. They had a really nice citrusy lemon smell and flavor but were not potent at all. It was below average in potency.

PICS

18 Likes

Any blueberry…?

1 Like

BREEDER AND STRAIN

JAH Seeds - Bluberry x Island Sweet Skunk (feminized)

PHENOS

4 seeds started. Plants were pretty similar in general structure and size. 1 pheno had larger more sativa like buds with foxtailing, 1 was more smaller and very dense nugs. The other 2 were in between.

FLOWERING TIME

10+ weeks

GROWTH TRAITS

Really vigorous in veg and liked being topped. Medium stretch. Very thick sturdy branches. Large, pretty dense buds that are very frosty. 3 out of the four threw male flowers. One pheno made them almost constantly from about 3-4 weeks to finishing.

YIELD/QUALITY/TASTE

Good yielding (1lb from 600WHPS), could probably be a great yielder dialed in. There is some variation in taste potency, but the most prominent smell is ‘lime koolaid’. Flavor is perfumey and thick. It’s all high potency with a middle of the road satia/indica buzz. One pheno is VERY potent…head crusher high lol

PICS

19 Likes

VERY NICE format for this, LOVE it!!! Good idea.

3 Likes

iv’e grown the same strain for 7 years now and can’t say enough about it. awesome
plant . nice pics.

1 Like

that was the blueberry cough from jordon of the islands.

2 Likes

Nice I could see it being a keeper for sure. Feel free to add a review if you like, I’m sure you have more insight than me I only ran it 2 or 3 times.

1 Like

BREEDER AND STRAIN

BC Bud Depot - Girl Scout Cookies (feminized)

PHENOS

3 seeds, 3 different phenos. 1 was very stretchy with big buds that were foxtailed and fluffy with a non descript hay/grasslike smell and taste - mild potency. 1 kinda stretchy with more dense, foxtailed buds - citrusy smell and stronger smoke. I shorter and bushier with very dense golf ball buds and a hazey/licorice type taste and smell - very potent.

FLOWERING TIME

9-10 weeks

GROWTH TRAITS

Stretchy, a bit nute senstitive - lighter feeder. Tendency to form one main cola, much better structure if topped. The hay pheno threw out the odd male flower throughout budding, I didn’t find any seeds but was plucking them off a couple times a week.

YIELD/QUALITY/TASTE

Average - good yielder. The hay tasting pheno was very mild potency. The other 2 are quite strong with a sativa leaning buzz. The dense golf ball pheno has a thick hazey flavor and very intense hight.

PICS

Hay pheno outdoors didn’t foxtail and was a denser than indoors with a bit better sweet smell/taste. Still mild potency

Hay pheno on left, short bushy pheno on right

The short dense pheno, thick heavy colas with a hazey smell and taste.

8 Likes

Great idea for a thread. Can’t wait to contribute. Keep em comin

2 Likes

well i do enjoy blueberry cough.it does beautiful outdoor as well as inside.
outdoor it’s main claim to fame is it doesn’t get bud rot. which is a very good thing.
very potent and produces 125-150 grams per plant outdoor. not a huge producer
but big fat nuggets.makes some tasty oil.this id a picture of one that is coming down in about 2 hours from now.

and a top shot from a week ago.

that’s my review . thanks beacher for letting me show those.appreciate it.

9 Likes

Wow that’s nice, beautiful colors! Thanks for contributing :+1:

I hope no one minds me digging up this dead thread. Id like to give it a chance, i think its a very useful idea.

BREEDER AND STRAIN

GG4 (Gorilla Glue) S1 - GG Strains

PHENOS

I have grown 7 of these plants, and I wasnt able to distinguish more than one pheno (earthy smell).

Maybe bud structure differed but nothing that you would prefer over another, just different.

FLOWERING TIME

9-10 weeks

GROWTH TRAITS

pretty healthy plant, rooted easily, out of the seven only one hermied a bit (less than 10 seeds) and most likely my fault from light and heat stress.

YIELD/QUALITY/TASTE

Yield is average, I got about 240 grams out of 300w light on my first grow. And one fan fell over an entire plant and decapitated it, so it could have been far worse .

Quality is really good, it cures into an earthy/sweet and grinds to an earthy/chem smell.

EFFECT

It has a strong mental high at first that turns into a very heavy body stone.

PICS

14 Likes

nice one. its got that gg look for sure, love the structure and frost. no herm issues?

not on that run. the next run had a couple seeds but i also suspect a frequent light leak and/or heat stress could have been to blame.

1 Like

thats acceptable for modern genetics imo. i always save those random seeds so i can never start them one day lol. i think theyd be extra herm prone vs the parents

1 Like