R.I.P. Spyder

So spent last night with a horse with colic. It’s a horrible thing to witness. The vet couldn’t get here until this morning so 16 hrs of rolling and kicking himself and trying to get him to walk it out. The vet got hear this morning and said it’s not from food anymore probably twisted his guts when rolling in pain. So had to put him down this morning. It’s been a long 24 hrs. Hey was about the dumbest horse ever but still a good boy. My heart goes out to my girl and mother-in-law the horse has been with them about 18 years.

Some reason not letting load pics damn it. Will include some later I guess.

60 Likes

Sorry for your loss man, that really sucks. RIP Spyder :v:

5 Likes

Sorry brother. That shit never gets easy

4 Likes

Thanks @dougdawson and @HeadyBearAdventures for the kind words. It sucks for me a bit but that cause I’m an animal lover. I’ve known him a little it’s my girl and her mom that really have been hit hard. The worse part is now he’s just laying there have to use tractor to dig hole and well you get the rest. Not fun nor easy.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss.

I grew up with horses and we buried a mare on our farm. It’s unpleasant and I’m sorry for the grief everyone is experiencing. Take care of your girl and her mom. Take time to grieve.

3 Likes

@420noob Sorry for your loss! Poor animal.

1 Like

That’s heartbreaking and a sick horse certainly doesn’t like to take it lying down. I worked at a horse ranch through highschool and they really do let you know when somethings wrong. I hope your girl and her mom can recover from this but it’s hard losing a long time companion.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss! Never easy to see an animal suffer.

1 Like

That’s hard to hear, so sorry for your loss! :heart:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss :broken_heart:
Big hearts on those horses

1 Like

Thanks everyone! :heart:

2 Likes

RIP Spyder :pray:

1 Like

Damn. So sorry to hear this brother. I worked on farms a lot growing up. Horses and cows that get their intestines twisted up… it is one of the saddest, most horrible things to see. And makes you feel helpless and heartbroken.

Big hugs from our OG family to yours

:cry:

2 Likes

R.I.P. Spyder.

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss friend. Spyder will be missed. Thanks for spending that time caring for him. I always want our animal friends to feel cared for at the end. :heart::heart::heart:

🫂 Hugs to you and yours @420noob .

3 Likes

RIP Spyder. I feel your pain, it is horrible to feel so helpless to ease their pain. My condolences to your girl and her mother.

5 Likes

WELL SAID!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Horses are like a member of the family, they are unique, and have their own personalities. I wish there was a way for animals to say Hey Dad something is wrong , I need help now.
My heart goes out to you brother , sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

My condolences to you and your family. RIP Spyder.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your baby, it’s never easy. :bouquet:

RIP 🪦 you noble fur baby! :rainbow::sunflower:

2 Likes