R.I.P. Spyder

Dammit! I am sorry to hear this and have no other things to say other than…nothing. Sorry, Man, good times for both of you guys for sure and good times for both of you guys ahead no doubt. You take good care, Brother.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, RIP Spyder.

2 Likes

Damn bro. I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend.
Glad he’s not in pain anymore. :frowning:
I sure don’t miss having to put horses down.
RIP Spyder!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear buddy. That is terrible to experience.

2 Likes

Thanks to all of your words of caring. I’m outta likes lol. Found someone to bring a backo over and dug a hole and put him in thank goodness. If anyone doesn’t know horses go stiff very quickly and almost always with their legs straight out. Add a half ton to this and it’s just not in anyways dignified it’s quite horrible but better than the alternative. He is on the property close by at least. His 2 buddies are really having a hard go of it. They had to be penned up and watch all of this for 16+ hours then be around him for 4 more hours before could get him buried.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the worst. When the others gotta watch. The last hole I dug for a horse was in frozen ground. No fun at all.

2 Likes

Oh an we have lots and lots of coyotes so gotta go deep.

That’s a terrible thing. My heart goes out to all of you.

1 Like

You can feed them horsies a handful of decarbed cannabis you know, or a few drops of Rick Simpson oil, it works for any animal with a spine. Would ease the pain… Will also help the others heal from the trauma of witnessing it all.

He’s frolicking in Horsie Heaven now as a winged unicorn, running along the shoreline, wild and free with his new mates, chasing the rainbows.

Plant a few cannabis bushes where he’s buried?

We all come and go… Cherish every moment.

:green_heart:

4 Likes

sorry to hear bro. spyder running around pain free in a better place.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh I don’t believe that infused coconut oil I have didn’t even come to mind. We have him a couple cups of MCT oil to help pass anything along. Colic isn’t a diagnosis it’s symptoms caus Ed by many different problems. The vet said nothing we did he probably did to himself. Horses are barrel chested animals kinda like big dogs like great Dane get bloat where their stomach twists well horses can do the same thing to their guts just jumping around. The surgery to fix this is $$$ not guaranteed and is high risk and a bunch of BS trying to deal with an injured horse that needs wounds to be clean. They roll and kick when colic so no the easiest to keep clean. Thanks again for the out pouring of support!:hugs:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about Spyder, it’s never easy losing an animal. They become family, even more so than humans most times. My heart goes out to you and your family.

2 Likes

sorry for your loss man! :frowning: best wishes to you and your family!

1 Like

Ooof, hang in there man.

2 Likes

I hope you all are doing alright today, Man.

1 Like

Damn, sorry to read this bro, I can only imagine

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, RIP Spyder

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your family member loss.
My friend had the same thing happen to a boxer.
They spent like 5-7 grand on the surgery and the poor dog did not make it anyway.
It is truly very sad when this happens, I am sorry you had to endure the pain of it all.
Rest in peace Spider, how very sad! :grimacing:

Some things are out of our hands @420noob
Try to find peace among the sadness.
My condolences to your family too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Keep the head up and keep the feet moving forward.
The show must go on… :wink:

Peace
Shag

2 Likes

@420noob sorry to learn you lost your horse, Spyder. It is never easy to lose a pet friend.

1 Like

Oh no. Hate that for you. Have trained horses and owned horses my entire life. (Race horses) I know that hurt. I love my horses more than humans/family. I’ve helped birth them in blizzards, chase them down after a massive tornado, put them down after injury. Colic is the worst. You’re in my prayers

1 Like