Rainbow ylly by Tricoma Gold Genetics

It makes sense, although took me a few…very stoned

3 Likes

I’ve never done this, just been reading a lot lol.
But for traits like color at maturity, you’ll have to keep the males around till they are done blooming too. As those colors prob won’t show till mid-late flower. Also gives you a better idea on what that male has to offer in the flower structure and development, or bloom time. I’ve seen pics of male plants that had fat looking colas, but were all ball sacs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Won’t see that if you ditched after collecting the first pollen drop.

3 Likes

Right on. Yes I agree, I don’t intend to ditch them when pollen drops…we will see, really appreciate the insight on this

3 Likes

Granted, if you have a female of the color you want, continuing it as a fem line will be the easiest if you don’t have a red male too. Self a Red female, find at least two red S1 (which I see as technically F2), then reverse one and have it pollenate others to make F3.

5 Likes

Sounds like the plan now, if the situation presents itself. Thank you for the knowledge @Seamonkey84

3 Likes

@TricomaGoldGenetics , is there a way to tell females from males based on structure, for say the large cabbage leaves are males and skinny leaves indicate females?

Here they are,… they are getting some cal mag. But other than that just water… growing good getting good structure in these plants.

10 Likes

Decided to get a few pictures of the structure and size of the plants so far under 2 600 watt metal halide lamps.

11 Likes

Late veg update. Plants have been switched to 12/12. I hope I get a bunch of fems

11 Likes

I hope you get a bunch of red fems :wink:

1 Like

Looking sweet @Pawsfodocaws !!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you too find the pheno shown on the picture !!!

The appeltizers i got from @TricomaGoldGenetics are a week from going in to flower too would love to see what fire :fire: there are in his creations

1 Like

Hey there, I hope that color shows too @Badger …can’t wait to see your plants @Swe-can. Im excited to see how the plants bud out and to see how many fems pop out! Thanks for sticking around for this everyone!!!

2 Likes

I really hope so too!!!

1 Like

Yeah me too!! I’ve been checking his IG out and they do look amazing both the Rainbow Ylly and the Appeltizers…

Right now I got 4 females of 5 so that’s nice !! Hopefully you get a good F/M ratio @Pawsfodocaws

3 Likes

Thank you, I will know the ratio in a week or so. Right on 4/5… I’ve got 14 to sex… Do you have a thread on the appetizers? @Swe-can

14 is a nice amount of plant :ok_hand: :heart_eyes: ohh i do hope you get alot of red phenos!!!

You can check them out on my thread
Haven’t done a appeltizers thread yet but will do a small one with pictures from start to finish when they’re done

2 Likes

That’s awesome man. This has turned into a serious quest for sure!

2 Likes

It truly has, that full red plant is so enticing to seek out for me. I have no idea why,… I guess its different from what I have seen. I really can not wait for it to show up!

2 Likes

Me neither. It will make your freaking year man!

1 Like

Most definitely

1 Like