Ramping up after 20+ years

Hey hey mind if I scootch in here and peek at your goods?

I love fabric, but I would say 5 gal indoors has been the sweet spot for me. I love 10 gal pots and have 15 gal fabrics too. They are simply amazing with the plants but late flower, they also drink gallons and gallons per day.

3 Likes

Ok, I went down the DIY Octo rabbit hole and I’m hooked. I’ve already ordered 8 “pots” and will be procuring the other items shortly. Always nice to incorporate a little DIY into the grow. Anyone with input on Octopots please chime in. This place is great!

7 Likes

Oh man, i am extra glad to be tuned into this show :sunglasses::popcorn:
:octopus: :rabbit2: :hole:
Ive only been growing a few years now, and I used the micro (knockoff) octos my last run, and am sold on them forever now👍

4 Likes

There are several fellow members rockin’ Octo Pots. I mean EXCELLENT GROWS!! Try punching “Octo Pots” in the Search Bar. Good luck in your endeavors, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you misterbee! That’s exactly how I started down the rabbithole.

4 Likes

Greetings @JOHN1234,
Sounds like you are off to a good start, best of luck!

Here are few informative threads on Octo growing.

Octopot Grow System

Micro Octopot Grow

Getting back to my roots Octopot run finally on!

Do it yourself MicroOctopot Auto Fill System

Octopot , clones , seeds , mainlining , grafting and mothers

Cheers,
-Grouchy

10 Likes

Thanks Grouchy!

Your posts were a major reason for me to choose the Octo route. I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to layout everything in detail. You’re a true inspiration.

John

7 Likes

Hey Josh,

Glad you’re here. If my DIY and grow skills are half as good as yours, I’ll be happy. Thanks for stopping by.

John

2 Likes

Hello Dirty,

Thanks for stopping by… Always nice to have confirmation from experienced growers.

Thanks!
John

2 Likes

Hi Movement13,

You’re the first to visit my diary. Thanks for stopping in!

John

3 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of Octopots

You’ll see it’s best system ever

Best wishes

Paps

7 Likes

Thanks Paps,

Truly honored you checked in. Hope you will be available for the inevitable questions I’ll have for the Octo OG. Love to watch your grows!

John

2 Likes

Following along

If I can be of help just ask

Smokem if you got ‘em

1 Like

Lights arrived. Both check OK. Playing with Android light intensity apps, recs welcome. Will test lights daily.

From good suggestion @GrouchyOldMan, Playing with the autofill system functionality before implementation. 35 gal reservoir should provide leeway in case of improperly mixed nutes in addition to several days of reserve in case I go missing.

Question on bulkhead fittings - Is garden hose washer to seal the fitting OK? OD of fitting ~ 5/8". Link here [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2854SJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1]

Need suggestions for first strain(s), Plan is germ 8 of 10 of MRG JUANA CHUNKY DIESEL. This will provide an est 4 females (of 8). Rather not complicate things on first grow.

Looking for suggestions on number of plants in a 4 x 4 tent HST SCROG. I estimate 4 but welcome all input.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey ! Wishing you the best of luck. If you ever want to try your hand in some auto genetics shoot me a DM or summon me with a comment :slight_smile:

I have some interesting stuff

1 Like

Need to mention - Decided on MicroOctopot and autofill system grow w/ 3 Gal fabric pots
3" net pot filled with hydroton clay pellet .

Jacks nutrients in res.

Soil will be Fafard sphagnum peat moss 37%, Municipal compost 37%, Vigoro perlite 26%

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what I use. For a higher No-Leak confidence, use a dab of silicone sealer on both sides of each washer. Messy but worth it IMHO.

3 Likes

Should I add dolomite lime to my mix? If so, how much?

1 Like

Oh that the good stuff
When I ran organic and made my own soil it’s a must have

If your making only a few bags at a time only a couple of teaspoons per bag
Will do the trick

1 Like

I used dolo once to bring my oddly low ph batch of happy frog :frog: up a few points. but i was not aware of other benefits, so havent used it in a few years. Still got a big bag of it sitting in the garage - is it useful for other things in an octopot?

2 Likes