Ramping up after 20+ years

I’ve been guilty in the past of weighing my plants everyday and keeping track. It’s only overkill if you think it is :grin:

2 Likes

Figured if I have the time…

2 Likes

I have 2 tubs of 30 Gal municipal compost sitting in my garage covered with lids. Temp is 55~65F… Should I be maintaining these tubs in any way? They are in short term storage for future use. I will lift lid occasionally to check condensation level and it is minimal on lids. Any advice?

Thanks!
John

Getting ready to transfer to Micro octo tomorrow.

Some of them are looking a little worse for wear. I’m especially worried about the spot on # 8.

Calling all experts! Am I overeacting or is there a problem I need to solve before repotting in Micro?

Thanks for visiting.

3 Likes

Second shot of # 8

3 Likes

Only change was the ppfd got bumped just slightly to 315 two days ago. I saw the spot and dropped to 250 ppfd last night.

Last water was 2 days ago w jacks 20-20-20. Ppm100
Ph 6.0

Correction…New Apera PC60 pen arrived today.

PH 6.75
PPM175

1 Like

Was gonna say - usually when i see that kind of spot (amorphous spread of dark that goes :skull: quick) its a ph thing.

I have a bunch of bit of that on my lower leaves on my Frankenstein baby im waiting on roots to hit the rez. Not much i can do til she hits the drink though (that i know of). Should be touchdown any day…

Im also probably windburnin’ her more than a bit lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Not-Notjosh!

I believe I’m guilty of both. Glad I’m only seeing it on one of the bunch.
Fingers crossed with the new pen.

Good luck to you! The new growth is looking good!

I noticed your paperclips for training. I just picked up a leather punch from harbor freight. It was $8 and makes nice holes in the fabric pots.

4 Likes

Just what i need - another tool enabler :sweat_smile:
:hammer_and_wrench::running_man:‍♂ :dash:

1 Like

Guilty as charged :laughing:

I’ve jumped in feet first. Definitely having a great time!

1 Like

And the ladies (hopefully) have a new home.

5 Likes

Ramping up for real now!
Cant wait to see them do their thing :boom::rocket:

1 Like

5 Days later roots have reached into the res. Yay!

2 Likes

Noob 101: RTFM!

OK. Bought some cheap evap humidifier $20. Works great for a few weeks. 80+ humidity in tent.

Bought #2 from success. Hmmm, Humidity down to house RH today from #1… Read manual on new humidifier. Make sure ro turn over element so it doesn’t dry out. 1st mistake. Make sure to clean so humidity doesnt drop off. #2. Read the F’n manual. Thats why they print it! RH now81.

That is all.

Rant over.

Update:

80F/81Rh/PPFD 300
Everyone seems to be enjoying it.

4 Likes

Octopot style can grow big plants, I currently have a single plant wrapping up in my 4x4.

I would consider very short veg time and be quick to cull issue plants. Super cool genetics and good luck homie! Will be watching this one.

3 Likes

Nice, i have a question where did u get your brown bins, for the grow.i am looking for some to try them out .Thanks

1 Like

Well looks like @Jetdro and I bought them out!

I was able to order 2 extras lately but mostly sold out for now. What I do is put them in amzone cart, save for later and watch. Amzome will tell ya when available.

I did end up buying some similar but smaller round ones. Time will tell how the small ones work.

Thanks!
John

2 Likes

Oh is that how you do it you little bastard I needed those two

2 Likes